Denim in Singapore

tweeds

for all the hype built around nudies right now, i still think they make for decent raws - they're not as tough as 14oz selvage etc but well worn nudies still turn out beautiful. they're good raws to start out with .

the real problem arrives when bulkier frames try to fit into skinny cuts like TLJ and TF. silhouette is just wrong - front or side.

What's the deal with nudies? they're just your

regular swedish jeans. Besides, if you're really into denim you wouldn't be wearing nudies at all.

no hate, but nudies are shitty quality

kind sir i'm afraid i'll have to disagree with you.

yes it's quality isn't up there with the heavier weight denim, but if u're looking for a slimmer pair of raw denim that isn't going to cost u a DH, then nudies are an excellent option. They may be a bit steep at retail prices in singapore, but there are definitely avenues for you to get them cheaper.

I'm not an expert on the subject by far, but for all the so-called "denimheadz" on this forum, it would be nice if you got off your high horses, and not be so quick to dismiss a particular brand just because it isn't japanese 28oz repro denim.

stopped bringing in imperials i think - just wasn't selling well enough.

wow where the nudie army at?

i know this is like my nth+1 referral , i swear i dont work for them, but tet tailors is always one option. i had my denim jacket tailored down from a classic M down to a really slim size S. tailoring is good, end product looks like it was its original construction. you can also go to Clancy's at FEP - i had a blazer tailored down there and it turned out very well. since this is denim i think tet's familiarity with the fabric may be worth considering.

how much do tet charges? i heard they charge exorbitant price

how much do tet charges? i heard they charge exorbitant price

relative to most neighbourhood alteration centres their charges may appear outrageous. you should expect to pay about double the price - but the tailoring is excellent, partly because the uncle over there is comparatively fashion forward and understands contemporary cuts. attention to detail is paid to ensure the end product looks as 'natural' (meaning, signs of alternation are minimal) as possible. some other tailors gladly lop off entire lengths of a jacket but fail to ensure consistency between resewn seams and unaltered seams, or taper the jeans while compromising the wash etc etc. more importantly the uncle makes sure you understand how he plans to alter your jacket so you won't have any nasty surprises when collecting it.

conclusion : if this is a jacket with lots of details and is expensive enough to justify say a $30-$50 alteration, pick a good tailor . a bad alteration job can permanently destroy your jacket. if its a cheap , simple jacket and the alteration isn't an adventurous one then hiring the services of a more affordable tailor should be fine.

as a rough guide, i did a complete rehaul of my jacket - shoulder, chest, sleeve length and waist and length : $55. but this was a pretty expensive jacket which i managed to cop at a 75% discount so it was worth the price.

diors are cheap too

lol diors are not cheap. but if by cheap you mean that they're flimsy then yeeh, considering how every pair of diors i ever owned wore out faster than my H&M sliq.