tweeds

Denim in Singapore

Just a note. Since we are supposedly denim heads... buying denim, especially selvedge, from 'non' denim based companies as opposed to getting denim from specialty brands like nudies, levis, pureblue, etc

How do you feel about that?

Can compare with luxury watch industry? eg. IWC Vs Louis Vuitton timepieces?

i dont care about the brand, i just buy the denim that feels good, smells good [ nothing beats smelling fresh raw denim mmmmhmm...] , fits good, and looks good.

i dont think being a denimhead shouldnt have anything to do with limiting ourselves to certain brands or specialized brands, on the contrary, i feel excited to try out different denim.

it should be our own decision and budget that decides which pair of jeans to get... but me and paen was just talking about this the other day.

interesting point...

Just a note. Since we are supposedly denim heads... buying denim, especially selvedge, from 'non' denim based companies as opposed to getting denim from specialty brands like nudies, levis, pureblue, etc

How do you feel about that?

Can compare with luxury watch industry? eg. IWC Vs Louis Vuitton timepieces?

im not a denimhead. :mad:

can i like uniqlo denim nao?

(10)

Hey no worries. u don't need permission to like or don;t like anything.

just wondering wat people thought about this.

why i ask is because people tell me not to buy Montblanc or LV watch. Should buy from watchmaker type of brand cos theirs is in-house movement blah blah blah...

Just wondering if uniqlo's ability to get a price point and quality balance so right will spell the end of small high end (i.e high price) denim makers cos the product differentiation will be very little.

just thinking aloud

FYI i have many many uniqlo stuff. even used to sell them.

DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

very mini sg sufu meetup

the pair of levis 511 is brand new, and the uniqlo and nudies even steven pair aint getting much love cause i'm wearing my contest pair

heads up to paen's slim jims

Hey no worries. u don't need permission to like or don;t like anything.

just wondering wat people thought about this.

why i ask is because people tell me not to buy Montblanc or LV watch. Should buy from watchmaker type of brand cos theirs is in-house movement blah blah blah...

Just wondering if uniqlo's ability to get a price point and quality balance so right will spell the end of small high end (i.e high price) denim makers cos the product differentiation will be very little.

just thinking aloud

FYI i have many many uniqlo stuff. even used to sell them.

Well you're in the business, you know it's all about the perception of value. People pay for what they want, value and price are just guide posts. Uniqlo wouldn't dilute the other denim brands unless it ups its pricing and pitch itsef against the premium brands. $99 vs $200-300 is no contest. If Uniqlo started selling its selvedge at the ~$200 mark and marketed them accordingly, then that might pose a threat to the existing premium labels.

salo SICK PICS BRO. hahaha

i'd post those pics of me rolling on them later.

yo let me try to understand. so a bunch of fashion forum members in singapore meet up at somebody's house, take off their tight-fitting denim pants and lay them on the floor for a group picture? while standing around in their underwear?

NO HOMO?

yo let me try to understand. so a bunch of fashion forum members in singapore meet up at somebody's house, take off their tight-fitting denim pants and lay them on the floor for a group picture? while standing around in their underwear?

NO HOMO?

;)

No Homo.

I was very hetero that night.

Pics of chicks or I call bluff, Bobbies pls. Thks.

Salo can attest to my statement!

and flame, i showed you the pics already!

"fashunz" before function?

Dont get why you are asking this. Pretty senseless question?

LOL U RLY DONT GET IT?

people wear jackets to keep warm. people wear beanies to keep warm. people wear hoodies to keep warm. SINGAPORE IS FUCKIN HOT

there is "Fashion before function", and then there's plain idiocy. i feel like punching a motherfucka for wearing a scarf in singapore... what's wrong son ur neck too cold????? in fuckin singapore????? nigga plz.

So are you supposed to not feel cold in singapore at all? have you never wore a hoodie in singapore?

Thats wut i was trying to bring across.

but for the scarf thing, trendy mah.

outside is far too hot, but if you go into the malls most of them are pretty well chilled and i sometimes feel like a light jacket/cardi is needed..

the only place in singapore that is chilled its malls and RP other then that you will sweat like nuts in a tee shirt. today weather is crazy i even sweat in the bus

word to that ^. mother fucking 37 degrees celsius.

but when this little damned red dot has it chilly days its actually very nice relaxing weather....

what do you guys think about blazers then? cardigans?

are we dead to stick to t shirts, singlets, shorts, slippers? I really wonder and jealous of countries with 4 seasons.

It's hot and humid here. Even wearing a singlet and shorts kills me. I don't get how some people can wear hoodies and beanies. Is that a senseless question? Just trying to understand what going on. Growing up, nobody, and I mean, nobody, wears a jacket or hoodie in Singapore. Leaving Singapore in my teens and returning for holidays, I still didn't see hoodies and beanies or even cardigans. But they're pretty common here now. And Singapore isn't getting any cooler. So I'm wondering if people are convincing themselves they're cold for the sake of layering up.

seriously thinking of getting a blazer cus with that blazer (+100 to korean looks), i look more like a typical korean star (*thinking of all the pussies I can get), just thinking of what opportunities can i get to wear them. lol

PS. I already dun look singaporean...

kim%2Bjeong%2Bhoon%2Bhallyu%2Brom%2Bfest.jpg

i think you should go for it coldturkey, because after all, heat wont matter to you, you're coldturkey :D:D

only place i feel cold in singapore are the cinemas

lets have a sufu meeet up at lido we can wear scarves and blazers and trench coats and beanies and shit!!!!!!! fuck im getting wet thinking about all that layering!!!

It is so sad that we don't have seasons, however I think blazers, hoodie and stuff might work for outing during late nights, at least there's no sun...

Ayo I rock scarves sometimes, but that's cos they be like linen-cotton blend or silk or shit.

I just saw this du wearing DH suit with a backpack. Nicka musta got a ginormous sweat stain on the back of his shirt.

And just for the record,

CAG >>>>>> CSG. Period.

its so hot i could get 2 color tones and all the perfume gets washed away with all that sweat