Denim in Singapore

tweeds

hey

was thinking,

since there's interest in sdas, anyone interested in making a grp purchase to save on shipping?

if there is, i might just break my no-denim for 07 jst this once o0

Hey count me in........... the thing is, if we order more than $400 thru Rakuten.....we have to take the 5% GST into consideration........ someone please be sweet and do the maths here...... i am plain lazy..... too much engineering work kills the brain cell.......... so far i guess there are only like 3 who seem keen k3mistry, u and me............ any takers

Hi all Singaporean superfutureans

I am an old forum stalker, but relatively new forum member from Kuala Lumpur

Great to see that there are so many of you Singaporeans here. If only there are as many Malaysians. Don't see many people in KL wearing clothes the "superfuture way" hehe, unlike Singapore.

Anyway I am just curious about a few things,

1) How is it like wearing Nudies or APC's in our hot tropical weather? I am predicting chaffing.

2) Really good to hear that so many 'superfuture-ian' denims available in Singapore. Will make my way down there to get a pair this CNY. Question though, are they more expensive in Singapore than via online stores? How much is a pair of, say, SJDJ and APC NS?

3) How did you guys manage to buy from Rakuten anyway? The whole thing is in Japanese. They deliver to Singapore?

Great to see that there are so many of you Singaporeans here. Of only there are as many Malaysians. Don't see many people in KL wearing clothes the "superfuture way" hehe, unlike Singapore.

1) How is it like wearing Nudies or APC's in our hot tropical weather? I am predicting chaffing.

2) Really good to hear that so many 'superfuture-ian' denims available in Singapore. Will make my way down there to get a pair this CNY. Question though, are they more expensive in Singapore than via online stores? How much is a pair of, say, SJDJ and APC NS?

3) How did you guys manage to buy from Rakuten anyway? The whole thing is in Japanese. They deliver to Singapore?

well no denim expert here but i've just gotten my apc ns recently. about the tropical weather i'm pretty much ok with it as i dont sweat much, so jeans stinking is not a problem. but if it does just sun them and maybe frebreeze them. a pair of apc ns will cost abt 240 at frontrow.

Great to see that there are so many of you Singaporeans here. Of only there are as many Malaysians. Don't see many people in KL wearing clothes the "superfuture way" hehe, unlike Singapore.

welcome (:

i don't really see much of a problem wearing them under our tropical weather, my lower body doesn't sweat much so it's all good i think.

prices are pretty similar imo, i wouldn't wait for shipping if i can get them directly from a store though.

i think if there's anyone who might have a pair of 21oz. denim, it would have to be lek - that guy has something like fifteen pairs (?)

has anyone seen a pair of well-worn jeans worn by someone local? i think it's near-impossible considering our climate...i tried my best with my APCs.

Hey dudes, sorry, been away for a while. Thanks TIP, but the heaviest I got are the S0110XJ I am currently wearing. 17oz. Wore them on my super crash trip to Ueno last Sunday. At 4-6 degree C, they're pretty ok. For home weather, they sure take some getting used to. :)

As you know, I only wear jeans over the weekend, so they may take a while ..... :)

Oh, by the way, because of the weather, you guys may want to wash your babies. I recommend the coconut base washing liquid by Fullcount. Very Very Very minimal indigo loss. :cool:

hell

if some people can withstand the heat of singapore whilst parading around in their bape parkas, what's 21oz denim eh ;)

haha so true!

As if the air conditioning in our malls are THAT cold.

Could never understand people who do that, I've even seen some anglophiles with woollen scarves around their necks. Like wtf.

Oh, and also people who wear shades indoors or at night :D

Both tight jeans and heavy jeans are thieves to the family jewels. Ice packs necessary once at home :cool:

Hey dudes, sorry, been away for a while. Thanks TIP, but the heaviest I got are the S0110XJ I am currently wearing. 17oz.

Hmmmmm.......... so the heaviest denim in town now stands at 17oz.......

Is anyone insane enough to better that???

Hey Lek.......... lets do this............. why don't you head down to the fertility clinic and do a sperm count..... wear the 17 oz for a year and do another spermcount ( post results hee hee)....

Come on Lek........ you can help us to either proof or dedunk the notion that heavy/ skinny jeans, coupled with our weather kills sperm...... Lek pls dun be offended... this is meant as a joke..... but it would really be a bonus if you really do it :)

Have a good weekend fellas......... Cheers..

Great to see that there are so many of you Singaporeans here. If only there are as many Malaysians. Don't see many people in KL wearing clothes the "superfuture way" hehe, unlike Singapore.

Heya.. Which part of KL are you from? :)

Hmmmmm.......... so the heaviest denim in town now stands at 17oz.......

Is anyone insane enough to better that???

Hey Lek.......... lets do this............. why don't you head down to the fertility clinic and do a sperm count..... wear the 17 oz for a year and do another spermcount ( post results hee hee)....

Come on Lek........ you can help us to either proof or dedunk the notion that heavy/ skinny jeans, coupled with our weather kills sperm...... Lek pls dun be offended... this is meant as a joke..... but it would really be a bonus if you really do it :)

Have a good weekend fellas......... Cheers..

good idea skcusdog, but I think I'm too lazy to do that.

no offence taken, no worries. :)

17oz is not too bad for people like me who spend a lot of time indoors. For younger chaps who skates and do outdoor activities often, I wouldn't recommend it. In the end, it must make practical sense, not blindly following trends, if you get what I mean .....

good idea skcusdog, but I think I'm too lazy to do that.

no offence taken, no worries. :)

17oz is not too bad for people like me who spend a lot of time indoors. For younger chaps who skates and do outdoor activities often, I wouldn't recommend it. In the end, it must make practical sense, not blindly following trends, if you get what I mean .....

Haha. I am indoors most of the time as well.... lazying around over the weekend with a beer in hand and i still have the bloody sticky feeling in a damn 15oz .... maybe my glands are in overdrive...... well.......

no more office grub for 2 days.....sweeeet