Japanese Band : The Blue Hearts INFO??

ddong88

X JAPAN is THEEEE visual-kei band. Psychedelic Violence/Crime of Visual Shock!

I also haven't heard too much about Blue Hearts, but here are some that I listen to every now and then:

Girugamesh

Malice Mizer

L'arc~en~Ciel (Pre-anime intro days)

Ellegarden

Remioromen

Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Janne Da Arc

Husking Bee

Beat Crusaders

I can probably get some albums for anyone. if that is ok here? lol

I never heard of the "Blue Hearts" but, I'm not really into J-ROCK, mostly pop i think. like Kumi Koda, uh.. and all these others that i can't read the kanji. o and hardrave japan hahaha.

X-JAPAN is legendary to me lol. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, UVERworld. like those currently. and some songs that were played in animes/moves.

HYDE is pretty awesome, his solo stuff. Garnet Crow.

Aya Hirano - God Knows...

i think blue hearts is more like punk ... have only heard some of their songs and i only have the various artist tribute album for them

mmm i guess depends what kind of jrock u like ... but i guess u'd like luna sea, SADS, first 3 albums from Larc en ciel, gazette, etc

now i dun really listen to visual kei type of j-rock ...

some of my current fav

- l'arc en ciel

- tokyo jihen (shiina ringo's band with more jazz sound)

- shiina ringo

- glay

- uverworld

- remioromen

- B'z (more old school rock i think)

- siam shade (prog rock)

- ellegarden (sounds too much like blink 182 tho)

Dunno bout Blue Hearts.

I listen to a lot of indie rock:

Back Drop Bomb

Last Alliance

Mob Squad

Mach 25

Dragon Ash (obvious)

i thought they are into hip hop genre? altho lots of their songs have rock sound

Can you please share some of your music :)

I think i can upload some x-japan albums if you guys want.

I can probably get some albums for anyone. if that is ok here? lol

I never heard of the "Blue Hearts" but, I'm not really into J-ROCK, mostly pop i think. like Kumi Koda, uh.. and all these others that i can't read the kanji. o and hardrave japan hahaha.

X-JAPAN is legendary to me lol. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, UVERworld. like those currently. and some songs that were played in animes/moves.

HYDE is pretty awesome, his solo stuff. Garnet Crow.

Aya Hirano - God Knows...

What's your guys opinion on the huge amounts of Engrish used in jrock? Sometimes it's cute but othertimes it just annoys the hell out of me. This is the case for a lot of Beat Crusader songs.

I saw Pillows in NYC last winter. Thier live show is f*cking awesome, plus I got the singer/guitarists' pick, which is cool. Sat next to the drummer at the bar but neither of us could understand a word the other guy was saying.

I'm a big nerd so I went to see Yoshiki of X-Japan in Baltimore over the summer. That dude would definitely be scary/busted if not for all the makeup he had on....and the hair extensions.

Love all of Shiina Ringo's stuff.

Isn't Dragon Ash Taiwanese though?

I mainly listen to a lot of weird old stuff of all kinds. Punk, psychedelic, folk, etc. It can all become somewhat rockish, though.

I have a great love for Tomokawa Kazuki, Morita Douji, Yoshiko Sai, Zunou Keisatsu, Suyama Kumiko, Henshin Kirin, Les Rallizes Denudes, Inu, Haino, Cock C' Nell, Zelda, etc etc.

As for somewhat more recent stuff, I really like Supercar, the brilliant green, ECD*, illreme*, Coca, and pretty much everything from the Majikick label.

* not so much rock but hip hop doing a lot of "different" stuff.

Then there is also my favourite band/artist, Maher Shalal Hash Baz and all relations.

Ah... I forgot about Luna Sea. Are they still around? I haven't heard anything from them in 4-5 years.

I heard Toshi of X Japan got in trouble with the law for beating up little kids. True? And before that he was doing elevator music. What a change.

Some other J-musics... some not necessarily rock:

Mika Nakashima

Kishidan

Gackt

DO AS INFINITY

DEPAPEPE

luna sea broke up in 2000 or 2001 i beleive, most of the members have their own solo project now ... inoran with ryuichi just formed a band called tourbillon and inoran just released another solo album, sugizo was with a band called the flare, J still solo, shinya is a part of support band for some artists

I actually like The Blue Hearts - started listening to them about 6 years ago... my gf at the time had a bunch of their stuff. Yeah, the band broke up a while ago, but a couple of them started another band, The High-Lows, so that's probably worth taking a look into. Not the same type of music, but I'll agree with tedsu on the Tokyo Jihen and Shiina Ringo.

I mainly listen to a lot of weird old stuff of all kinds. Punk, psychedelic, folk, etc. It can all become somewhat rockish, though.

I have a great love for Tomokawa Kazuki, Morita Douji, Yoshiko Sai, Zunou Keisatsu, Suyama Kumiko, Henshin Kirin, Les Rallizes Denudes, Inu, Haino, Cock C' Nell, Zelda, etc etc.

As for somewhat more recent stuff, I really like Supercar, the brilliant green, ECD*, illreme*, Coca, and pretty much everything from the Majikick label.

* not so much rock but hip hop doing a lot of "different" stuff.

Then there is also my favourite band/artist, Maher Shalal Hash Baz and all relations.

You know your indie shit.

illreme is awesome.

Back on topic, The Blue Hearts are just a classic punk band back in the 80's.

Like what daikonyama said, most of the member are now in a band called the High Lows. Pretty derivative shit, but still enjoyable no less.

Was really into japanese rock a few years ago, but now it just seems most bands are just as crappy as their western counterparts.

Of course, just like western music the deeper you delve the better stuff you find. But I still think western stuff pretty much kicks most j artists out of the water. There are exceptions of course, such as Downy, Boredoms, Number Girl to name a few.

i'll say this over and over again. if anyone thinks guitar wolf are good, or if any of that crap that was passed off as "garage rock" a few years ago (ie white stripes, hives, etc) check out teengenerate. that shit will easily make you lose your bowels.

http://employeeofthemonth.blogspot.com/2005/04/teengenerate.html