how long does it take you to get ready to go in the morning?

cheapmuthafukr

from the time you get up to the time youre ready to face the world.

also, if you care to elaborate... whats your normal morning wake up routine.

fade... we know yours, so spare us the details.

myself... i just wake up and throw on the clothes that are closest to me.... and run out the door.... probably less than 10 min from the time i wake up to the time im on the road going to work.

Total, 2-3 hours.

First I wake up, then I pee

then I sit down with a soda and tinker on eBay and shit unti I'm awake (about 45 mins)

then I shower (like 5-10 mins tops)

then i put this gunk in my hair to keep it from frizzing

then I tinker some more, read a little, eat some breakfast.

Then I throw on whatever's close

then I leave.

I dont really take time to get ready, I can normally get dressed, shower, breakfast, clothes, in about 30 mins, but I like to slowly wake up, and lie around and be lazy first thing in the morning, so I allot myself a few hours to do that.

The winter takes me longer, I need to thaw my ass in running hot shower. So that would be about 70 mins. from wake-up 'til I get out of the door. Summer is easy, wake up, put on shorts, out of the door in 15 mins.

10mins:

shut off my alarm, turn on my tv for the weather... throw on my sammy's or pure blues.

grab a jcrew washed casual shirt, brush my teeth, grab my ipod, & then I'm out...

about 30 minutes, 10 minutes spent waiting for the weather report

i secon ddml, wake up,turn off the alarm, turn on my computer, go shower, make my cereal and soy milk/or protien shake(depends if ate a heavy dinner the night before). watch weather report, check in superfuture,before i go on commute,usually takes about 30-40 mins,before i bounce to work.:confused:

Anywhere from 15 minutes to three hours.

Usually, I'd say 30 minutes. Shut the alarm off, get to the bathroom, take a shower (10 minutes), open cpu, put on some clothes, check my emails, both SF, brush my teeth.

Today I'm hovering on the three hours mark. Law school exams are killing me and I feel braindead and restless. I'm just walking around my shitty appartment wearing a towel. I need to be kicked in the ass and study.

depends, but if I have a somewhat early morning (dont too anything else then get ready) it takes about 40 mins. biggest problem is my hair which looks ridicilous if I dont do anything to it, so basically I:

- get up and drag myself to the bathroom

- rinse hair

- wash face

- stare in the mirror, look fucked up

- get dressed

- do the hair

or replace hair and face washing with a shower which I do pretty often, it takes about 5 mins longer than just washing my hair, my sink is so small its inconvenient anyways so might aswell shower..

if I'm really in a hurry I get dressed and throw a hat on, takes about 15 mins. if its a late morning I get up, go to the computer, check mail, probably sf too, then continue with the rest of the process and maybe eat something. that can take anywhere from 1h to 5h.

do people eat in the morning btw? my eating schedule is pretty weird, I never eat anything in the morning unless I wake up at 10 or later.

Guest Fade to Black

I don't eat in the morning. My morning routine is simple as fuck...wake up, do the thing cheap was referring to, shower/brush teeth and get dressed. From wake up to walk out is no more than 15 minutes, and most of that time is spent in the shower.

I don't believe in taking longer than 3 minutes getting dressed either...if it takes that much thought then whatever you were planning on that day probably isn't working (this doesn't count for suits and such which require more elaborate care putting on).

I forgot to add that sometimes I do my hair but most of the time I don't. If I do, I just run my head the sink or use pomade wax stuff.

I'm also surprised by how many take showers in the morning...do you guys not shower before you go to bed?

• 1 month later...

usually 30 min.

Wake up, hate myself for a few minutes, shower, brush teeth, get ready for the cold as fuck cold walk back to my room, stand blank stare at the floor, about 2 minutes later, put on clothes, get backpack, if I have english muffins or yogurt, eat one, if not, leave.

Seattle is the worst city to wake up in ever during winter. Cold and dark, plus rain. There is no reason i want to leave the house, and its' dark enough where I could sleep the entire day. PLUS my fucking hair never dries off till about an hour and a half later.