LetsRun.com discussion: "Favorite type of jeans?"

brozek

Man, I love reading denim discussions outside any forum named SF - http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1559437&page=0

"Any man that spends that much money on a pair of jeans will never get my respect. Same goes for a man that justifies making purchases based off of the compliments of others."

"How do you live with the pressure worrying about some drunk getting wing sauce, a bloody mary, or a colorful fru-fru drink on your $300 jeans and staining them?

Do you not look good without said jeans?

I bet you run with matching shorts, singlet, shoes, socks, shell necklace, nike watch, nike sunglasses, and gelled hair(frosted, of course).

That whimpering sound you hear is your ball$ wishing they could find their way home."

Anyone who says/wears anything but Levi 501s and Carharts are fags. If you spend more than $50 for a pair, you're not only a fag, but an idiot as well. Jeans aren't high fashion, and companies trying to make jeans high fashion are pulling one over on you panty-waist nimrods. Wranglers suck too. Any guy who wants their jeans to be that tight should have been in Brokeback Mountain. And anyone who can't figure out a button fly is too retarded to even be operating a computer to the extent necessary to reach this thread.

that was truly entertaining reading that forum... someone from here should bumrush the whole forum....

more name dropping for you cheap:

yeah those cmf homme are great. hey, if you feel comfortable in $50 jeans thats great but some of us appreciate the better denim, better cut and better quality that are available.

not all jeans are made from the same denim (japanese is considered the best but there is also italian, african, and yes american cone too) nor are they all made in the same factories from the same patterns.

and im not necessarily talking about "designer" denim like seven or chip and pepper with made from flyweight denim with fancy designs on the ass. more like specialty companies like sugarcane, 5ep, cmf homme, julian red, samurai, and apc, just to name a few. im a big fan of levi's but only if they are vintage, crave japanese denim, and love my swedish julian red.

hey, if you want to rock out in your dad jeans that's cool but don't act like you know what you are talking about. and don't insult those of us who take a bitmore pride in the way we dress. ask your wives or girlfriends what they prefer.

oh and to bullet tooth tony: homophobia went out with lynching and woman's sufferage you fucking ape. welcome to the 21st century.

we should infiltrate authentic or honest forum one of these days en mass and show them whats up.

more name dropping for you cheap:

yeah those cmf homme are great. hey, if you feel comfortable in $50 jeans thats great but some of us appreciate the better denim, better cut and better quality that are available.

not all jeans are made from the same denim (japanese is considered the best but there is also italian, african, and yes american cone too) nor are they all made in the same factories from the same patterns.

and im not necessarily talking about "designer" denim like seven or chip and pepper with made from flyweight denim with fancy designs on the ass. more like specialty companies like sugarcane, 5ep, cmf homme, julian red, samurai, and apc, just to name a few. im a big fan of levi's but only if they are vintage, crave japanese denim, and love my swedish julian red.

hey, if you want to rock out in your dad jeans that's cool but don't act like you know what you are talking about. and don't insult those of us who take a bitmore pride in the way we dress. ask your wives or girlfriends what they prefer.

oh and to bullet tooth tony: homophobia went out with lynching and woman's sufferage you fucking ape. welcome to the 21st century.

we should infiltrate authentic or honest forum one of these days en mass and show them whats up.

damn genius!!!! well said....

ummm...

bad idea?

yeah... youre right

that would be bad.

i retract my past sentiments.

please dont disrupt other forums. it will just make minya more of a bitch, and bring in more trolls. we may even have tee-thug type actions taken against us.

disrupt this forum if you must... in supertrash please

there was already a mass disruption of honestforum...here

when they were posting pics from the WYWT here and some of the comments were..ummm..unkind...the disruption lasted until the threads got locked...most of the links are dead now....funnily enough i can think of 2 of my favourite WYWT poster that came from honestforum and some other good members.. so for all the apparent douchiness there must be something in those forums...

i agree with cmf keep it in the trash

i wasnt implying war or disruption. just that if a bunch of us posted all at once,just posted without overt negativity, we could open up some minds. if nothing else make them a bit confused and less sheepish. that's all.

not trying to start wwIII.

i wasnt implying war or disruption. just that if a bunch of us posted all at once,just posted without overt negativity, we could open up some minds. if nothing else make them a bit confused and less sheepish. that's all.

not trying to start wwIII.

i have tried. hap has tried. it may work... but we need keri to soften them up a bit for us. chris too.

The thing is that they're a pretty good representation of what society thinks of jeans. We all cheer each other on but normal people think we're crazy. My history professor was lamenting the downfall of Levis the other day. He was talking about how when he was a kid (40's) if you bought a pair of Levis when you started high school you would still be wearing them when you finished college and had to get real clothes. I wanted badly to tell him that he could buy pants of that quality but didn't really want to admit in front of everybody that I knew about $200+ jananeese repros. They already think I'm strange enough.

The thing is that they're a pretty good representation of what society thinks of jeans. We all cheer each other on but normal people think we're crazy. My history professor was lamenting the downfall of Levis the other day. He was talking about how when he was a kid (40's) if you bought a pair of Levis when you started high school you would still be wearing them when you finished college and had to get real clothes. I wanted badly to tell him that he could buy pants of that quality but didn't really want to admit in front of everybody that I knew about $200+ jananeese repros. They already think I'm strange enough.

Fuck em!

You've got a kid and a wife to bone everynight. The hell do they have?

And has anyone ever participated in a succesful board invasion? Thats like the height of dorkdom in my opinion.

I especially liked this one;

"I was not trying to pretend I am some super-manly blue collar guy. I was simply trying to explain that I am not a metrosexual fashion boy. I am a fairly normal man. I like sports, I like yard work and I drive a truck."

I guess I have to go trade in my Audi because I don't feel like a true Manly man anymore....lol Truck it is! Ford! Diesel. Or wait, maybe a Hemi....yea, that's it!

Fuck em!

You've got a kid and a wife to bone everynight. The hell do they have?

And has anyone ever participated in a succesful board invasion? Thats like the height of dorkdom in my opinion.

yeah thats true. fuck em. Also we should capture all the forums out there and re-name them super somethings. like a persian invasian or gangus khan but the internet era.