Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

ummm why is MIJ so important? i don't think the orange overdyes were ever MIJ, if you want japanese denim there are lots of brands out there that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

also about the hemming, that has been discussed to death in this thread, but just know that if you hem them to a 31 inseam all resale value will be lost, if you keep it at a 33-34 it may still be okay. (if you truly need them at a 31, I'd say sell them on ebay, buy a different brand, and pocket the excess $200)

does anybody know if saks or barneys in beverly hills carries raw dior ? either 21 or 19cm. i know there is dior store right by on rodeo but they didnt have my size.

Saks carries 19cm MIJ and MII, Barneys only carries MII 19cm.

However, if Dior didn't have your size, Saks probably won't, and Barneys definitely won't (their stock of Dior for each season is a joke).

What size did you need?

I've been wearing the 95% cotton/5% polyurethane grey jeans (they come in dark grey and light grey and come off the tailored rack rather than the jeans shelves, though they're definitely jeans) from this fall's collection this past month, does anyone know what they're called? They're really slim so I suspect they're a '17cm' model... In anycase I like them and plan to wear them often for traveling as the stretch makes them really comfortable...

BTW they're made in Japan and not all that expensive...

Saks carries 19cm MIJ and MII, Barneys only carries MII 19cm.

However, if Dior didn't have your size, Saks probably won't, and Barneys definitely won't (their stock of Dior for each season is a joke).

What size did you need?

I was going to buy some on eluxury but considering almost evrybody has mij and eluxury only carries MII, I decided i needed to try on a pair. I have big thighs so I probably need 31 or 32, probably 32. J/W but does dior only have in stock whats out on the floor ? All their sizes were 29 and below.

also about the hemming, that has been discussed to death in this thread, but just know that if you hem them to a 31 inseam all resale value will be lost, if you keep it at a 33-34 it may still be okay. (if you truly need them at a 31, I'd say sell them on ebay, buy a different brand, and pocket the excess $200)

i'm not gonna sell them for sure but i can't stand with 36 inseam. i'm true to 31 and i'm ok with 32 for all of my nudie so should i alter them to 31 or 32 or just keep 36 L.

The silver foil on that leather tag looks a little suspect, if you ask me.
they may have been dry-cleaned. I did that with my black diors and it killed the writing for some reason.

EDIT- that doesn't make much sense because they still have the tags attached, but still!

Hi everybody,

I've tried to read the entire topic quickly so i think this question hasn't been asked yet;

I'm terribly tempted to start wearing dior jeans;

however, i'm a little sceptic :

I mainly wear prps or evisu; wider than any fit i've seen from your pictures.

Somebody lend me some pictures of celebrities, apparently wearing dior homme jeans in the same way i do (with mine).

Do anybody could help with this ? What would be the equivalent of a prps in 34 ?

I'm in a hurry to get some jeans; nothing new at prps & evisu for the moment; and i still need to get dressed !

Hi everybody,

I've tried to read the entire topic quickly so i think this question hasn't been asked yet;

I'm terribly tempted to start wearing dior jeans;

however, i'm a little sceptic :

I mainly wear prps or evisu; wider than any fit i've seen from your pictures.

Somebody lend me some pictures of celebrities, apparently wearing dior homme jeans in the same way i do (with mine).

Do anybody could help with this ? What would be the equivalent of a prps in 34 ?

I'm in a hurry to get some jeans; nothing new at prps & evisu for the moment; and i still need to get dressed !

i vote this for best post of the month, and this is the best new user this year

Thanks for the honour;

too bad english is my fourth langage; otherwise i'd have made you say why you react this way. I'm just asking a question a about some fucking pants; if you know just answer; there's nothing to laugh about.

I'm asking my question here because i don't want to loose any time, especially with those idiots at dior's store who aren't even well aware of the only thing they know : clothes.

Now i'd like to know how dior fit compared to a prps standard for example. If you have any other ration, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for the honour;

too bad english is my fourth langage; otherwise i'd have made you say why you react this way. I'm just asking a question a about some fucking pants; if you know just answer; there's nothing to laugh about.

I'm asking my question here because i don't want to loose any time, especially with those idiots at dior's store who aren't even well aware of the only thing they know : clothes.

Now i'd like to know how dior fit compared to a prps standard for example. If you have any other ration, it'd be much appreciated.

Mate, I think they were laughing at the celebrity picture thing not at you. Anyhows, Diors are heaps, heaps slimmer, If youre a 34 waist, you might want to try the 21cm versions instead of the 19cms. Hope this helps.

this thread is getting uberly retarded...

Cosign. Anyways, I haven't read much of this thread but I have a question for anyone who has the Indigos and has soaked them. My Indigo's have about 6-7 months of wear with no soak. I was hoping to soak them to get the size back to how it was before stretching. Anyone know around how much they will shrink?

Mate, I think they were laughing at the celebrity picture thing not at you. Anyhows, Diors are heaps, heaps slimmer, If youre a 34 waist, you might want to try the 21cm versions instead of the 19cms. Hope this helps.

Okay thanks.

Yes, i didn't consider the possibility of a misinterpretation of what i meant with the celebrity pics; if they have thought i've seen dior on some pics; and consequentially decided to buy - they are wrong.

Somebody gave me some pictures of kanye west, as we were talking about the difficulty to find some good denim fit these days; and told me he was wearing Dior. First i thought it was a joke; how could he wear these slim dior denim this way !? But a lot of ppl confirmed it; so i'd like to give a try with them; i was just looking for a piece of information, in order not to buy the wrong size. Now i've to ask around for some pictures of dior denim collection.

Btw; i've notice everybody immediately laugh when it comes to ask about an item unluckily worn by a celeb : i'm a new registered user; and you'd easily tell i'm totally disconnected from everything. I don't have no tv, the less old artist i'm listening to is Bizet; for the too past month, i went out two times as i felt the need to breath a little bit (to be exact i need to meet some girls).

So please, don't suspect me of any hypebeasting attitude or anything; i'm not your average man; i don't give a fuck about my style, but too much people judge you on your appeance so i spend money and waste some time on this board; i'm just begging for some presumtion and respect; sure there's a lot of broke and dumb guys on this board, i don't doubt about it; but you need to feel when to help.

Once again, sorry for my rotten english; i feel like being a 12 year kid trying to improve is litterary skills:confused:

I think Kanye West kinda wears his Diors baggy. If youre going for the same look, I reckon there are heaps of other brands that allow you to do so for half the price of what Dior charges. Your best bet would be to go to a place that actually sells Dior, who knows, if you dont fall in love with the fit, you might be keen on the denim or some other attribute.

*Edit: and nobodys putting you down for your English mate, so dont put yourself down.

try the prps new fit, they're slim w/o being tight. a 34 dior is a bit stretching it. they're meant for superslim legged kids. otherwise you're wasting your money on just the name dior.

Yes i'm planning to try these, i got a email from the newton store; they told me they are close to receive a new shipment of it; most of their prps jeans are sold out at the moment

each time mickael posts, he gets closer to being best user of superfuture EVER.

well, maybe after upandcoming

Thanks, far too kind, i wonder, who's the best user ? Or who was ?

I think Kanye West kinda wears his Diors baggy. If youre going for the same look, I reckon there are heaps of other brands that allow you to do so for half the price of what Dior charges. Your best bet would be to go to a place that actually sells Dior, who knows, if you dont fall in love with the fit, you might be keen on the denim or some other attribute.

Which brand would suit me better ? Apart from evisu & prps ? From what i've seen; dior has some really nice denim washes & colour; they made me a good impression; nice looking; i don't know any other brand with such quality.