Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

those are not raws. as far as I know the a/w 07 raw greys are the "dauphins"

i have them and they are pretty nice, breaking in very slowly though

how would I know if it's raw?? The description from their page doesnt tell much

Is this the grey raw ?

http://luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=46I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=7

Not really. I had one of my raw jeans dry cleaned when someone spilled barbeque sauce all over them when they were a day old, and they still faded very nicely.

Did the jeans look any different after they were dry cleaned? i.e., losing the dry sheen? etc.

If anyone else could answer, that'd be great too. :)

how would I know if it's raw?? The description from their page doesnt tell much

Is this the grey raw ?

http://luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=46I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=7

I believe that is, however my pair is 98% cotton, 2% polyurethane, and the site says that pair is %100 cotton... so I dunno. The guy at the d.h.las vegas store told me mine are raw, and they are MII. My pair is the exact same as the grey jeans theGrapist posted a few pages back (137 I think), which seems to be slightly different in color than those on the luisaviaroma site, but it may just be a photo difference. Also remember to size down 1 extra (I wear a 29 MIJ indigo raw, and a 28 in these.) Sorry if this doesn't completely answer your question

I believe that is, however my pair is 98% cotton, 2% polyurethane, and the site says that pair is %100 cotton... so I dunno. The guy at the d.h.las vegas store told me mine are raw, and they are MII. My pair is the exact same as the grey jeans theGrapist posted a few pages back (137 I think), which seems to be slightly different in color than those on the luisaviaroma site, but it may just be a photo difference. Also remember to size down 1 extra (I wear a 29 MIJ indigo raw, and a 28 in these.) Sorry if this doesn't completely answer your question

The pair I posted on page 137 were the black silver selvedges, which are 100% cotton. They're not the same as the Grey Raw Dauphins, which is what you have.

The Black Silver Selvedges are MIJ, have a silver selvedge line (obviously), and are 100% cotton. The Grey Raw Dauphins, which is what is in that link, are 98% Cotton 2% Polyurethane, and are MII.

I know this is slightly off topic, but does anybody know how much a pair of black 19cm jeans will run me if I go directly to the dior homme boutique? Also, is it possible to find smaller sizes like a 26 at the boutiques in other countries such as france?

I honestly don't think people shorter than 6'1'' with real waist bigger than 30 should wear these jeans.

you should really stop thinking then.

i think diors fit well on anyone who is skinny or fit, no matter what their waist size is. someone who is above 6 feet and has a real waist of less than 30" is anoretic.

your point is clearly stupid, unless you are aiming for the look heidi shows on the runway, which is fucking homo looking(not a problem to aim for this look as long as you are gay, if you are not gay, you are seriously fucked up)

True that!

you should really stop thinking then.

i think diors fit well on anyone who is skinny, no matter what their waist size is. someone who is above 6 feet and has a real waist of less than 30" is anoretic.

your point is clearly stupid, unless you are aiming for the look heidi shows on the runway, which is fucking homo looking(not a problem to aim for this look as long as you are gay, if you are not gay, you are seriously fucked up)

That's just because of the flash and the fact that I took the picture of them when they were on top of black sheets. I suppose I should've color corrected them first.

Hey Grapist, I pm'ed you as well, but do the black silver selvages stretch more/less than standard MIJ's?

I honestly don't think people shorter than 6'1'' with real waist bigger than 30 should wear these jeans. I see some short people wear them basically like a pair of APCs with darts, with visvims, nikes and whatnot, and I have no problem with that. But posting pictures online and asking people about the "dior fit".... I dunno...

Well you can take Hedi Slimane out of your "shouldn't wear Dior" rule.

keyko care to give any insight as to how these stack up in comparison to uncoated raws?

they look great, i was consdiering a pair of raw black, but after seeing pics of these, i may have to go the coated route

keyko care to give any insight as to how these stack up in comparison to uncoated raws?

they look great, i was consdiering a pair of raw black, but after seeing pics of these, i may have to go the coated route

the inseam on these is 2" shorter than on the raws. I guess that's because you are not supposed to wash them - dry clean only, so there is no room for shrinkage. They stack up quite nicely though - I'm 185cm tall so you can see how they fit me on the pics a few pages back.

thanks

does the coating wear/feel/seem like it is very integrated with the denim? also do these wear pretty much exactly the same as uncoated raws?

and finally, whats the retail?

1. yes

2. the feel of denim is a bit different. they feel softer than the raws. Also, as they are non washable, i'd not wear them as often as the raws to keep them in a good shape. Finally, probably because of the coating they feel a lot hotter when worn in HK summer heat.

3. Retail - HK$3100 in DH store and HK$2900 in Twist (both in HK). US/HK = 1/7.8 - sorry can't be arsed to compute.

Hope that helps.