MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Please show us a picture of what on earth you are talking about. There is a brown crescent shaped throat cover that is lined with the same red plaid cotton fabric as the sleeves(?).

I have seen them all in person. I went and checked out the mulholland master and the bronco champ jacket. Didn't really like either one and regarding the bronco champ, I was ready to be blown away by the leather, but I would still rather have an Aero over that jacket any day, even it wasn't so flashy. I did see the boots, which are beautiful, but there is no way I could justify a grand for those boots. Maybe $600-$700.

The pieces are all really nice looking and well made, but I still feel like the price is a bit high.

the boots are only going to be $700. i say "only "lightly.

Huh, considering that a custom pair of wescos runs about $600, I would much rather have those Mister Freedoms. They are exactly what I want in a boot.

They're going to cost somewhere between $850 and $1745.

Really? Are there going to be two versions? One with over the top branding and one without?

it's on...............................

MFSC-Bronco-Champ2-web.jpg

MF S/c BRONCO CHAMP “Star Modelâ€

Mister Freedom® x Sugar Cane strike again with the addition of a second skin for your riding enjoyment. One of the last chapter of the Fall 2009 “Speed Safe Clothing for Modern Riders†Collection…

Inspired by vintage motorcyclists 1940s to 1960s jackets (“Taubers of California†etc…), when genuine horsehide leather was the best thing available to protect you from spills…This type of riding jacket was also referred as a “leather shirtâ€!

SPECS:

PATTERN: An all-original MF S/c pattern. Cafe Racer body style, close to body fit. D-Pocket. One piece back. Longer sleeves for riding comfort. Double snap throat latch.

LEATHER: Genuine Front Quarter Horse Hide leather. USAF type A-2 Flight jacket grade, developed by Buzz Rickson experts. Exclusive MF S/c tanning, finishing and colors. Black and Camel contrast skins, guaranteed to age and beautify with wear. Tough but soft.

LINING: Dead Stock (NOS) herringbone twill 100% cotton plaid fabric full lining. All pockets lined.

ZIPPERS: “Hookless†nickel zipper type front closure. “Conmatic†chain type nickel slash chest pockets and D-Pocket zippers. “Conmar†forearm cinching zippers. All 100% cotton twill taping.

MODELS:

MFSC 80202: The “BRONCO CHAMPâ€, Black/Camel, solid sleeves (only available in USA)

MFSC 80199: The “BRONCO CHAMP, Star Modelâ€, Black/Camel, 7 Star sleeves, racing issue.

PRODUCTION: Designed in California by Mister Freedom®, skillfully crafted in Japan by Sugar Cane Co. Available in very limited quantities while supplies last. LIMITED EDITION.

(New Condition. Size 36, 38, 40, 42.

MFSc 80202: Retail $1499.95

MFSc 80199: Retail $1599.95)

My last comment about the prices was a joke..

We're getting the Bronco Champ in this week, the non-star version only.

I guess my comment should have had a (10) at the end of it.

one mo

12649_520369194110_30901258_30916876_5333915_n.jpg

Love the roping effect on the neck. Shitty pic, but maybe you can also see the different shades of blue on the collar piece? It's gonna fade?

12649_520369229040_30901258_30916877_5563113_n.jpg

This one just has the hemmed bottom by the way, and significantly longer sleeves.

Sup Markmont :P

That roping effect would be considered a defect in most clothing factories. But, such is the way of vintage clothing reproductions.

It also occurs when the machine pulls on the top layer of fabric more than the bottom layer. A lot of industrial sergers and chainstitchers will have a mechanism to pull the material through evenly for both the top and bottom layers yielding no "roping," but when working with extremely stretchy material like jersey and this ribbed material, the worker needs to be very careful that the top and bottom are correctly being fed through. This may have been purposely done in this case, which is very difficult to consistently and precisely pull off the "correct" amount of offset. I would be interested to see if other thermals have this "feature." If they do it was probably intentional or a biproduct of the production process, if not, it was probably not intentional in which case this "feature" would just add to the character of the shirt if the wearer likes it (which it appears B-Dawg does like it), or annoy the shit out of the wearer if he/she doesn't like it.