MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty nice man. That jacket looks great on you. No way I could pull that off. I don't think my old lady would let me wear that jacket. She already has her doubts on my clothing tastes.

early Mister Freedom from the 90s

????

Second thermal. Same fit in the body, which is even longer than the first. The sleeves are much longer, and the indigo cuffs (which aren't as tight) can even be folded up once. It looks terrible untucked, but I am happy with the tucked fit. It'll be a great mid-layer or even as a sweater over a chambray. Second time's a charm!

4129826454_c42bd9108e_o.jpg

Just to compare, the fit of my first one:

4110760947_62d4d0605e_o.jpg

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback!

Zissou the new thermal looks perfect.

I stuck with the same size as my N1-H foul weather jacket, which was a size 40. It tried the 38 on in the MM Jacket but wanted to be able to layer under it since it gets cold here.

Thanks, guys. I'm much happier with the second thermal.

eltopo- perfect sizing on that MM. Looks great on you.

Medine- sleeves were too short and cuffs were too tight, which pulled the shoulders way down and the sides of the neck way out. Plus, it was very long in the body, which I couldn't tuck because of the ribbing around the bottom. It was not comfortable to wear.

Do you know who is riding it?

Whoever it is, someone needs to beat that guy senseless for riding that Deus through the surf.

Do you know who is riding it?

Whoever it is, someone needs to beat that guy senseless for riding that Deus through the surf.

Yup, it's Wes riding it... Grant is taking the photos. But the one photo with the MM jacket is Grant riding. These guys know more about bikes than anybody either of us have ever met, if they rode it through the surf i'm sure they took proactive measures afterwards to make sure it didn't damage the bike.

Also, when i saw that bike in person with them a few months ago when it first arrived it had a surf board rack attached to the side of the bike, i wouldn't be surprised if Deus had waterproofed almost the entire bike.

Hah, that's awesome. OK, then, I feel better. Stuff like that always makes me cringe. I noticed the pipes were wrapped, and there isn't any chrome except for maybe the front fender. Although, that looks stainless.

Great bike and jacket!

Edit: so I am guessing the bike was built at Secret Service in LA and shipped east?

Edit: so I am guessing the bike was built at Secret Service in LA and shipped east?

SS doesn't build bikes, are they saying that they are?

They're built at a shop in LA, i can't say who.

I finally got around to soaking my vest! The fit was almost perfect Pre Soak, but I though I would do a quick one to get a little tighter fit and to get rid of some of the starch.

2 Minute Soak in Hottest Tap Water Available

IMG_0851.jpg

I hung the vest upside down to reduce the risk of the inside fabric from creating a flip up on the bottom back side.

IMG_0854.jpg

Blue water...

IMG_0856.jpg

Deus website says that SS is their American HQ. Not sure if they are actually built in shop.

SS was their first account and they're close friends with Chad, but the bikes aren't made there.