MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, to the guys who bought the Veste Ouvrier solid indigo. I am wondering about the sizing. I am going to buy one as a present for dad who's turning 60 in may. Do they fit regular or slim? I have been looking measurements over and think he would fit a XL.

The chest measurement of some of his similar jackets match that of the XL. I know it's hard to say, but do you think that would be good?

Hello, to the guys who bought the Veste Ouvrier solid indigo. I am wondering about the sizing. I am going to buy one as a present for dad who's turning 60 in may. Do they fit regular or slim? I have been looking measurements over and think he would fit a XL.

The chest measurement of some of his similar jackets match that of the XL. I know it's hard to say, but do you think that would be good?

They fit regular. Go with the XL.

The details on this shirt is really something else..

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00.JPG

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00_02.JPG

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00_04.JPG

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00_05.JPG

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00_06.JPG

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00_07.JPG

MF_PASSE_CRAVATE_00_08.JPG

Don't think that shirt is meant to be worn with low rise jeans. Looks terrible tucked in there. But we all thank you for the fit picks and detailed shots Kiya.

Those jeans he's wearing have a 10" rise, it's far from a low-rise jean. He's quite skinny and tall, so he wears a medium in the shirt.

To find a jean that would reach the button stay would require a jean with a 14" rise which even the MF Californians don't have in his size.

Those jeans he's wearing have a 10" rise, it's far from a low-rise jean. He's quite skinny and tall, so he wears a medium in the shirt.

To find a jean that would reach the button stay would require a jean with a 14" rise which even the MF Californians don't have in his size.

Hmmm. Optical illusion. It will be interesting to see how that shirt looks with pants that sit where the waist is indicated to be. The shirt tucked but with the tucked button tab exposed looks odd to me.

Hmmm. Optical illusion. It will be interesting to see how that shirt looks with pants that sit where the waist is indicated to be. The shirt tucked but with the tucked button tab exposed looks odd to me.

It looks like the jeans have a lower rise than they actually due probably due to the lens and angle of the camera.

It does look odd. I think the shirt is too small for the model, his sleeves look to short for me. I don't think this shirt was made to be worn with jeans, but more work pants. And closer to a hollywood waist. I'd like to see the shirt paired with a pair of MF pants to see if they go together.

And untucked it looks a little blousy... It's beautifully made, but odd.

It does look odd. I think the shirt is too small for the model, his sleeves look to short for me. I don't think this shirt was made to be worn with jeans, but more work pants. And closer to a hollywood waist. I'd like to see the shirt paired with a pair of MF pants to see if they go together.

And untucked it looks a little blousy... It's beautifully made, but odd.

I agree that the shirt is meant to be worn with wool trousers and not jeans, we honestly had no proper trousers to pair them with and had to do a model shot regardless to give people an idea as to how it fits. It's more a product shot than a styling of the product.

You guys are making me miss wearing my signal vest. I need it to warm up a bit and stop raining here. Both lookin' sharp!

Looking good, ThisSunday.

As requested (sorry for the crappy pics).

DSCN1860.JPG

DSCN1854.JPG

@marineabilly Nice fit. Can we get more pics of the hat and jeans?

@kiya That tucked in fit pic needs to be replaced. Those jeans are too low. Look at the belly flap button. I love that belt buckle though

Anyway, here's today's fit

That MF shirt looks nasty. Pocket shapes are beautiful. I would have to try it on to make sure that the "stay-tucked" button tab sits correctly. That tab needs to be connected to something. Maybe one could buy a spare button from MF and sew it on so that tab isn't just flapping when it isn't being used the proper way.

Luckily I plan on not throwing money at anything for some time. Maybe I can pick one up secondhand a year down the line.

Also, it is discharge dyed (or undyed) correct?

Hey Marineabilly,

did you alter the hem of your 7161's or just cuff them up a lot? Mine fit me perfect after I cuff the full 3" hand hem up. I'm 5'7" and they are perfect like that, but I sometimes debate giving them a more normal hem.

I wanted to cuff them higher to show the name patch on the back of the leg but it's a ton of fabric to cuff.

Hey Marineabilly,

did you alter the hem of your 7161's or just cuff them up a lot? Mine fit me perfect after I cuff the full 3" hand hem up. I'm 5'7" and they are perfect like that, but I sometimes debate giving them a more normal hem.

I wanted to cuff them higher to show the name patch on the back of the leg but it's a ton of fabric to cuff.

ATS, my hand hem is approximately 2 3/4". What I did was make a single cuff totaling 4 1/2" exposing just under 1 3/4" inches of the backside of the denim, then I folded that 1 3/4" inches over the hand hem. One and three quarter inches of hand hem is still exposed - it's a fold over a fold. I kinda like it. The pants are unique as it is, so it just works.

Hope this makes sense. Again, sorry for the bad pics. I really need to learn how to use my digital camera.