MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see he has some caps now. I like the 50's atomic print but the bill is odd looking. It makes the cap look like a cross between a ball cap/driving cap and a greek fisherman's cap.

I like the hat. Especially the light brown color. But damn $199 is a tad more than I'll pay for a hat of that style. Every time I call them I keep forgetting to ask if they have any of that leather greaser hat left. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to get it.

My buckles aren't rusted, they appear to be covered in the overspray/flow from the below process (taken directly from the MF site):

* Exclusive leather treatment and coloring process. Hides are not dip-dyed but “painted”. Flesh side is natural, skin side treated with 3 colours coating.

I've actually been planning on hitting up the buckles with the fine steel wool or Brasso I used on my silver BBQ grill a couple of weeks back. Will post pics of the buckles after that treatment.

My boots haven't been treated by anything. That's the color they were when I purchased them and I don't plan on treating them for a long while, if at all. The camera flash may have something to do with them looking like they were greased up.

I like the hat. Especially the light brown color. But damn $199 is a tad more than I'll pay for a hat of that style. Every time I call them I keep forgetting to ask if they have any of that leather greaser hat left. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to get it.

i think i got the last Raw greaser

at the time they still had 2 weathered ones

Did anyone else notice that Bradley Cooper was wearing what appeared to be a Mister Freedom Midnight Breezer jacket on The Hangover Part II (airport scene)? It had the same square collar and red plaid lining, but the scene was backlit, so it was hard to tell for sure.

Californians arrived today via Canada post. Spent some time in customs limbo then cleared around 4 am Friday. No move movement whatsoever Friday. Delivered today. I can sort of understand why nothing was done Friday, bit wtf Canada post. Get the delivery over!! No complaints with SE, you Guys got em to the bureaucratic wasteland in a day. Can post needs to give their collective heads a shake. Will post fit pics tomorrow when I have time to soak.

Did anyone else notice that Bradley Cooper was wearing what appeared to be a Mister Freedom Midnight Breezer jacket on The Hangover Part II (airport scene)? It had the same square collar and red plaid lining, but the scene was backlit, so it was hard to tell for sure.

I'm pretty sure it was a navy Barracuta G9, because I thought I saw slash pockets, not the MF pockets.

Californians arrived today via Canada post. Spent some time in customs limbo then cleared around 4 am Friday. No move movement whatsoever Friday. Delivered today. I can sort of understand why nothing was done Friday, bit wtf Canada post. Get the delivery over!! No complaints with SE, you Guys got em to the bureaucratic wasteland in a day. Can post needs to give their collective heads a shake. Will post fit pics tomorrow when I have time to soak.

Theyre about to strike. Im sure they dont give a shit about getting anything moving. Which is bad news for my schott perfecto 641 HH im waiting on.

Hey there mate.

Well the shop actually IS awesome...

It`s not in Europe, this one`s in switzerland, called VMC Store...

For more pics of the shop check wayjdt-thread!

Is Switzerland no longer part of Europe? Time to update my atlas! :)

Nope...Switzerland is not a part of the EU!

Still having there own currency, other sales tax and and and....

Not part of the EU but definitely a part of Europe. That's the discussion here.

Off work so thought I would soak the californians. Took a crappy pic of the button. It has an almost yellow tinge to it. 0cbf49e8.jpg

Here's a pic of them soaking. Interesting huh?

ca9abaf3.jpg

And here is the water afterwards. I don't see indigo (another argument "for" soaking). 1f5da161.jpg

Will post fit pic when they are dry. Tried them on wet and they did shrink substantially. Especially in the seat and inseam. But that's wants supposed to happen.

Crappy iPhone pic of the fit.

821af233.jpg

From the side

1e960b77.jpg

Front rise

0f6397f4.jpg

Here's a blurry photo of the yellowish color of the buttons

7ca55c34.jpg

My patch did not lose too much sheen.

b6fddd0f.jpg

Off work so thought I would soak the californians. Took a crappy pic of the button. It has an almost yellow tinge to it. 0cbf49e8.jpg

Here's a pic of them soaking. Interesting huh?

ca9abaf3.jpg

And here is the water afterwards. I don't see indigo (another argument "for" soaking). 1f5da161.jpg

Will post fit pic when they are dry. Tried them on wet and they did shrink substantially. Especially in the seat and inseam. But that's wants supposed to happen.

Crappy iPhone pic of the fit.

821af233.jpg

From the side

1e960b77.jpg

Front rise

0f6397f4.jpg

Here's a blurry photo of the yellowish color of the buttons

7ca55c34.jpg

My patch did not lose too much sheen.

b6fddd0f.jpg

^Good stuff Noodle! The calis are one of my all time favourites - so many neat details. Looking forward to wearing them again after the RxC contest.

Didn't think I would have heavier jackets on 'til the fall, but temps dropped like crazy... Love this jacket! :)

6dc9e3a0.jpg