MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

^ Got them via a proxy so can't exchange which is a shame & the shop they got them from only had up to a w34. I have ordered a 36 already as I really like these & I don't think there will be too many pairs knocking around, just hope I don't get stuck with the 34's. This is one of the problems of ordering direct from Japan..

Sorry to hear that patch. I hope I don't run into the same issue. Although, mine would be that they fit too big. I should be getting mine within a week...if I'm lucky. Was yours "one wash?"

What was delivery time like? I ordered mine a couple days ago.

I think mine are one wash and by going off the Japanese measurments on the site, their 32 was measured at "30" and some change. I hope it's right.

I can't wait!!!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Kiya is trying to emphasize the benefits of waiting and ordering them in the states. I always get a little sketched out when ordering a garment I am not too familiar with, especially if it is expensive.

I hear ya, but when you can buy something for $240 (shipped) knowing that they'll be $399 here in the States... there's an obvious choice.

I hear ya man. I have done the math before and it was never too different, but $240 compared to $400 is obvious.

Guest patchmb
Sorry to hear that patch. I hope I don't run into the same issue. Although, mine would be that they fit too big. I should be getting mine within a week...if I'm lucky. Was yours "one wash?"

What was delivery time like? I ordered mine a couple days ago.

I think mine are one wash and by going off the Japanese measurments on the site, their 32 was measured at "30" and some change. I hope it's right.

I can't wait!!!

I ordered on saturday lunchtime (gmt) so 5 days. I think they are only selling washed versions in Japan. Trust me, these are lovely. Thats why I ordered the 36 from hinoya straight away through suto . I don't think they have many pairs of each size, the larger sizes sold out already over there.

I ordered on saturday lunchtime (gmt) so 5 days. I think they are only selling washed versions in Japan. Trust me, these are lovely. Thats why I ordered the 36 from hinoya straight away through suto . I don't think they have many pairs of each size, the larger sizes sold out already over there.

Five days?!? Not bad at all. I use Japan Auction Agency and I don't remember them being that quick. I hope to ge them at least within two weeks.

Hey, i ordered through Hinoya as well. Just looked an the 34's and 36's are sold out. I ordered a few days ago and received confirmation last night from JAA that it was sent out:D.

I think those chinos are actually going to be closer to $320 sold in the states, rather than the $400 stated. There is quite a big price difference between the dungarees and the chinos.

Okay, here's an update on my Chino's for all concerned.

I use Japan Auction Agency (JAA) as my proxy. The retail price, in Yen, of the Chinos are 20,790. JAA takes 2,163 commission, 947 transaction fee and 300 bank fee for a total of 24,200. After they purchase the item from Hinoya and recieve the product, they determine the weight and shipping. Before completing the order, JAA sends you the adjusted cost with shipping. I got an e-mail last night saying it was 21,00 shipping for a grand total of 26,300 or $295. Still a savings especially since they aren't available here in the States yet.

I ordered a couple/few days ago and recieved confirmation that it was sent, so I should see it in less than a week from now.

If you are looking for a size 34 or 36, you're out of luck - they are sold out. Whenever these two sizes pop up, snatch 'em up right away!!

Craft in LA will be selling MF, and they have stated that retail on the riders chinos will be $399.95. Get the wrong size and have to order twice, and you're losing much of the savings from ordering from Japan. That is, unless you can pass along all costs to the person buying one of the pairs from you.

Between MF, Self Edge, and Craft, there should be more than enough of each size to go around in the US.

I wonder about the effects of Rakuten on the Japanese market. Surely there must be some Japanese consumers who miss out on products because they were sold to a foreign market. It's probably not as big of a deal for products that have been on the market for a while (e.g. stock from previous seasons/years), but it must suck for some Japanese dude when some guys from across the world buy up all of the stock in his size before he even has a chance to make it out to Hinoya to check out the fresh Mister Freedom gear.

In all fairness though, this could also happen with Self Edge, or any other retailer that serves a local and international market. I just don't imagine someone from Japan paying the markup for something that was exported from and imported back to their country.

The wonders of the global economy...

I don't feel sorry for the Japanese market at all. They have far more options in terms of places that carry MF and also far more options in similar cool vintage inspired brands(at several price points) made specifically for them that we probably don't even know about.

In the US we have very few vintage inspired brands available(limited in both number of brands and availability in shops) to us and we pay a premium on the vast majority of those since they are imported....not to mention the relatively limited quantity of items sized larger than a US pant size 32 or shirt size M or shoes size over 9.5 on Japanese brands.

And the irony of it all is most of these brands are trying to clone original American made clothing.

Granted, MF is in some ways a little different than the average vintage inspired brand in both details and design, but I think the argument is still the same.

If they are going to be sold for $399 here, then why is there a price discrepancy between the prices on rakuten between the dungarees and the chinos? There is about a 6000Yen price difference.

Time to soak the new chambray.

s30x.jpg

Drying time. I actually had to tumble dry it to get it to shrink enough.

s32.jpg

Post soak fit pic. It's nice to have a little extra sleeve length for once.

s33ko.jpg

mf8.jpg

Zissou, that's nice. I was just in the J Crew Mens store and they had the dark blue chambray shirt and bandana. I'm thinking about getting the same thing, but I want to try the get a raw version from MF or SE. They also had the white chambray, Mullholland and Peacoat. The Mullholland is a beauty. How long did you soak your shirt?

Holy hair, Markmont! :) Great fit on the CPO.

ThisSunday- I soaked it for quite a while in hot water and then had to tumble dry it to get it down to the same size as my washed shirt from J Crew. Did you try one on at J Crew? If so, that same size is what you want to order in the raw.

Holy hair, Markmont! :) Great fit on the CPO.

ThisSunday- I soaked it for quite a while in hot water and then had to tumble dry it to get it down to the same size as my washed shirt from J Crew. Did you try one on at J Crew? If so, that same size is what you want to order in the raw.

Wait what? You want to order the same size in the washed as you do in the raw? Doesn't the raw shrink a full size?

ThisSunday is right. If you try on a Large washed from J Crew and it fits well, you still want to buy a Large in the raw/unsanforized from MF or Self Edge. It's the exact same size shirt, but J Crew (probably MF doing it for J Crew) has done the initial soak/dry for you. That washed Large will fit exactly like a raw Medium.