Uniqlo SoHo

HisPiffness

Ryan, what did you have them alter on your jeans and could you give me a rundown of what you can get altered? I've never even been to a tailor before so I wouldn't know what to ask for. This question goes out to all those you've gotten their jeans altered at Uniqlo too.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan, what did you have them alter on your jeans and could you give me a rundown of what you can get altered? I've never even been to a tailor before so I wouldn't know what to ask for. This question goes out to all those you've gotten their jeans altered at Uniqlo too.

i just had them alter the length, basically after you try them on you can cuff them already and they pin them or you can have someone help you while youre trying them on. go to the register and purchase them, leave them at the store and then come back for them later. as far as i know its only for the jeans and slacks. and someone can correct me if im wrong but i think in japan when i was there last month, they were doing alterations to some of the blazers..

Did anybody see the astroboy t-shirt? I can't remember when i went last week, thanks.

Is this the pink one? I just saw it earlier today. Would have gotten one but no smalls left. Are the t-shirt runs limited? They were out of sizes in some shirts plus there were some in the Uniqlo Paper mag that I didn't see on the shelves.

Man this store really does make the Jersey ones look like utter crap. Selection is really not even close, particularly for outerwear. I grabbed the last small reversible down vest in olive/brown and a shirt. Good stuff.

i am a huge fan of their sweatshirts. i went tuesday and they were almost completely sold out of the full zips. only s and xs left. i'm undecided about the cashmere... their merino wool sweaters are so nice for a fraction of the price i picked up some of those instead. i thought the layout was a little hard confusing, but once you wander around the store a bit you figure it out.

i am a huge fan of their sweatshirts. i went tuesday and they were almost completely sold out of the full zips. only s and xs left. i'm undecided about the cashmere... their merino wool sweaters are so nice for a fraction of the price i picked up some of those instead. i thought the layout was a little hard confusing, but once you wander around the store a bit you figure it out.

Their cashmere is not impressive - definitely go for the wool if price is a factor (which it always is).

Anyway, I went today. This was a first mass-market store experience for me in a while - not the most pleasant one, but not a terrible one either. Basically I wanted to buy some clothes for an unconventional business casual look, and I did not want to pay a lot of money. I'd never set my foot in H&M or Mexx, BR and JCrew (although JCrew cashmere is the best out of all chain stores), because of low quality/bad fit, so I went with a critical eye, naturally. I must say if you are looking for some inexpensive filler stuff, it's definitely a better choice than most. Like I said, their cashmere is meh, and I'd also rather buy a good wool sweater at the same price elsewhere - don't know what the rah-rah about their cashmere is. I bought a pair of corduroy jeans and a pair of moleskin jeans, which are both excellent substitutes for typical fugly officewear - they aren't slacks/khakis, but not denim jeans either - works for me. At $40 a pop - $15 coupon + free alterations (btw, they will hem your pants within an hour, which is a pretty amazing service), there wasn't much to think about. Both fit well, the leg is perfect width and the saddle contours your body nicely. I did not like their denim, and I'd imagine that most of you wouldn't either. I tried a pair of raw denim, and the fit was horrible. I suspect that their "skinny" fit is just well-tapered straight fit, but I didn't have time to try them on. Some knits were also good for officewear and as layering items (merino wool turtlenecks felt great), and again for $40, a good buy. Their thicker knits those were pretty bad quality - very itchy wool. The outerwear was nothing to write home about, and neither were the blazers - but in my opinion it's not the type of store you go for tailored stuff. There were tons of graphic tees at $15, which these days is a great bargain considering all this "designer" tee nonsense. I didn't really like any graphics, but that's a matter of personal taste. That's about it.

the tees look really good. does anyone know where i can get a catalogue or something that showcases all their tee designs? got a friend who's going down NYC so im gonna ask her to get me some stuff..

how are their tee sizes and like? AA-ish?

you can order the uniqlo paper off of the website, in the back there are some of the $15 off coupons

Doesn anyone else here think Uniqlo is complete shit?

how can anyone think they're total, complete shit?

they do what they have always claimed to do, and they do it well.

basics that are easy to integrate into any other look. this isn't a

lifestyle shop that is trying to surround you with its look and its

ethos, like the Gap.

Uniqlo's intent has always been to provide building blocks to

personal style at a price that belies how well-constructed the

garments are.

where exactly do you think uniqlo's failed?