Uniqlo SoHo

HisPiffness

I went today on my lunch break. Unfortunately, I couldn't really check everything out because I didnt have all that much time. Either way, the store is enormous and it is a madhouse. The lines for the register were at least 10-15 minutes. They are having a sale right now on cashmere sweaters, 79.99, so I picked up three and they are really nice for the price. They had a huge staff on hand, and it seemed like they basically had everything I saw on the website, although like I said, I couldn't really take the time to browse too much. I was disappointed with the crewneck sweatshirts though. They fit like crap on me (I am 6'2", 170lbs) and the l was way too short while the XL was so bulky. H&M fit much better on me. Anyways, I would definitely recommend checking it out if you can, the sale on sweaters lasts until sunday and you get a free gift, although I havent checked mine out yet.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone bought from there recently who knows if they fixed their initial problem of over "americanizing" their fits? When they first did their temporary store (at the old Vice and then on Green St.), their small was sized like a large medium...

just wondering. if they have gotten better (smaller) i'd consider buying from them again.

I picked up 2 tee shirts(a Go Nagai tee and a Mobile Suit Gundam tee) and 3 pairs o socks for 10 bucks. There was a cool Kawasaki bike on the 2nd floor. Didnt wait long to pay either....just walked up to a cashier. Have to go next week to pick up a jacket.

anyone bought from there recently who knows if they fixed their initial problem of over "americanizing" their fits? When they first did their temporary store (at the old Vice and then on Green St.), their small was sized like a large medium...

just wondering. if they have gotten better (smaller) i'd consider buying from them again.

I think the sizing is a bit better than berfore, but I'm not sure if that issue has been resolved. I was interested in their cardigans, but in my opinion, the fit was lacking. I tried on a small (I'm 6'0", 145lbs) and wasn't too impressed with the fit. Mind you, I favor a semi-snug fit, so I suppose that doesn't mesh with the casual philosophy of Uniqlo; or it could be that the sizing has been altered. I did end up buying the cardigan ( I really liked the color), but I'll most likely return it.

they put out a magazine called "uniqlo paper" and it's pretty nice. picked it up randomly yesterday and saw that keiichi tanaami did a collaboration tee?!!! amazing.

i tried it on but the design was too much for me. i got 3 tshirts. fit is pretty big, i normally wear medium and got all of them small. not all of the designs from the magazine are in store yet, some nice looking shirts should come later.

I just got back from the place and I'm kind of in love.

The store is huge- it is kind of difficult to understand the real dimensions of a 36,000 square foot store until you're actually in a 36,000 square foot store. The layout of the place was really interesting, and despite being crowded, traffic flowed really well.

The center aisle when you enter is taken up by a gallery of mannequins enclosed in glass, and they're all rotating constantly. Nice touch. I wonder what happens if it malfunctions...?

I picked up a pair of raw slim straight jeans, and I honestly feel like they fit tighter than a New Standard. They were 39.50, the denim feels really great, and the construction is top notch. Also picked up a grey henley with a great slim fit, in a thermal material.

There was tons of shit I wanted, and I honestly couldn't get through it all. Some really good looking blazers in all sorts of materials, and a couple of amazing wool short coats with pea coat/duffel coat detailing.

My girlfriend bought a buffalo check coat with fur-lined hood that she is ecstatic over.

There was a men's leather jacket that looks exactly like the wrinkly-looking leather jacket ColdRice picked up recently. At least, I think it was a ColdRice pick up.

I am thoroughly impressed and I'm going to stop typing now because I am gushing like a little bitch.

tm, Uniqlo is a play on "unique clothing", so it is pronounced "you-knee-clo". (sorry I don't know the proper pronuncation symbols)

Following up on my previous post, I should also say that Uniqlo has different cuts of clothing. They have "regular fit", "fine fit" (slimmer) , and "just-fit" (slimmest). The cardigan I tried wasn't "just-fit". It seemes like they abandoned the fit designations abroad.

P.S. the mark up is a bitch too. I was counting on cheap clothing.

Yeah that's what you get for shopping in the city. I really have to get over to one of the ones over in either Freehold or Menlo Park, I really want a shirt for thanksgiving.

i didn't see much difference in price. plus the jersey stores can't match the soho store's inventory.

shirts are $29 in the soho store, they have a promotion. shirts in jersey are $39 so try to make it into the city.

i didnt think the prices were bad at all... 15.50 shirts, henleys, thermals, 39.50 jeans, pants... how much was that cardigan?
It was 40 bucks. I am a cheap bastard. I was comparing it to the japanese prices; it was 2,990 yen. I should have said for normal people the prices are excellent, but when you don't have two cent to rub together, $40 ain't something to sneeze at.

I got two sweaters for $64 (used the coupon too). You should ignore me when it comes to prices.

I was fairly impressed with the store, even though it was jammed packed with people. The staff was very helpful in finding sizes in the back that were already gone on the floor. I've wanted a pair of black jeans for a while, and the slim straight cut fit pretty good for $40. I grabbed flannel also, and for 30 bucks, I'm pretty impressed with the feel and quality of it.