Uniqlo SoHo

HisPiffness

Wow one thing caught my eye.. they have in some of the photos on the site a 'corduroy printed long sleeve' with polka dots on it.. I saw black and brown.. what colors does it come in? Anyone manage to pick one up or see them? How much?

Too bad I was in Japan for the summer.. the winter stuff is amazing.. however, there is alot of NON Japan items that are nice from what I can see..

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you haven't heard enough about the store already, I decided to add my own possibly gratuitous account of my visit to the flagship store.

First: cashmere sweaters, $69.99 (not $79.99, as previously reported). They are not super high quality--for example, they pale in comparison to a cashmere sweater from Polo. But $69.99 for cashmere is a no brainer, especially when the usual retail is $99.99. Someone said that this special will end tomorrow, which I didn't bother to confirm for myself.

Coupons: they have $15 off coupons for purchases of $75 and above. Note that this does NOT include the cashmere. You can use them right then and there are the store; they are found in the back of the little magazine that you can see by the cash registers.

Fit: I had issues with the fit on a lot of items. The button up shirts and blazers in particular didn't fit well on my body.

Graphic Tees: An insane selection of graphic tees for $15.50 apiece. They have some seriously ill designs. I only bought one but I'm going to have to go back and cop some more.

Crowd: I went before noon today (Saturday Nov 11th). The store was busy, but definitely manageable, and they didn't seem to be out of stock of anything. They are overflowing in cashmere so I wouldn't worry about that.

Overall, Uniqlo is sick. I am going to be getting a lot of clothes there. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the outerwear, especially for the prices ($160 for the flimsiest overcoat I have ever seen in my life), but everything else was ill. I don't see how anyone could shop at American Apparel if they can go to Uniqlo instead. Plain t-shirts are $4.90 apiece, or a whopping $13/$14 (I forget which) for any 3. The cashmere alone makes it worth the price of admission.

I made a 3 hour trek yesterday to check the store out and I was thoroughly impressed. Best interpretation of mass affordable fashion I've seen yet. Blows away places like H&M, Zara, Gap, etc, IMO. Like others have said the large staff on hand was extremely helpful. The inventory seemed endless - everything I asked for was found in the back no problem. Even though the prices are cheap I found all of their clothing to be of great quality for their price points. The best part is that I was able to find a good fit in everything I tried on. I walked out with a light bomber style jacket, t-shirt, pair of jeans, two flannels, and a wool hoody. All in all, the trip was well worth it.

I was over there today. It definitely was a mad house. The design of the store is also crazy. I hate to make this comparison, but it seems like its a gigantic Bape Busy Workshop, which shouldn't come as a surprise as Wonderwall designs the Bape stores. The rotating mannequins encased in glass reminds me of the the conveyor belt with BapeStas.

The daido moriyama tee's made my day, but they dint have the "stray dog" joint from the catalogue in. Did that sell out first day or somethin?

as far as i heard from a few nice japanese businessmen at uniqlo on the day of the opening, they're staggering the release of the t-shirts- the ones not in-store

now should be available within a month.

i went here yesterday to check it out..its quite overwhelming at first but i like it alot... it was rediculously crowded yesterday so i returned today, picked up a merino vneck and a pair of the slim fit jeans, i used the the $15 off coupon, came out to 65$. not bad at all, and while I waited for the jeans to be altered I checked out Darren Aronofsky speak down the street at the apple store..