Ksubi...

mathew

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy tsubis, dont expect them to last much more than 6-8 months, by then they will be in tatters.

what are you talking about, they already come tattered when you first buy em.

if you're into washed and distressed denim, then there's nothing better than tsubi, and they feel fucking comfy as well.

i wish you had some mediums.

They don't fit real big, but you may like your tees tightish. I'd be willing to unload them all for fairly cheap.

what are you talking about, they already come tattered when you first buy em.

if you're into washed and distressed denim, then there's nothing better than tsubi, and they feel fucking comfy as well.

What are you talking about? I realise this, but they will be unwearable by 6-8 months, I have had a few pairs, but I eventually gave up on them, 4 years ago the quality was way better, now they are just junk.

The white coated are interesting, i dont think the detailing is fucked. not ideal but not so bad.

I have two pairs of tsubis which are now retired. Still in good shape but I am just totally over them. Was going to try to wax/resin coat a pair but havent found then time.

• 1 month later...

after seeing mwills with van winkle washed white - love the color,

do they still make these or are they old? i thought they would be easy to find since ksubi's from australia..

anyone know where i can get these in melb? same white wash in other cuts .. like joeys or dee dees

back.jpg

how many pairs of tsubis do u guys have? maybe someone should post a thread on that. lol. peace

I just sold four pairs that I had retired years ago. I've got two more pairs to sell.

I'm totally over them aswell.

Atleast their resell value is good. I managed to get enough for a pair of TTDB and four AA tees.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone have any experience with the Pyramid After School Thunder? I want a pair but the only place ive seen em is at Oak, and they dont have my size. Any help about size and WTB would be appreciated.

I know mycatwalk sell the Raw Pyramids: http://www.mycatwalk.com.au/pages/tsubi-jeans_101.html

Anyway I won't be wearing Ksubi jeans anymore. I just feel like I'm following a trend every time I wear them. Their brand has lost it's magic in Sydney where it first started. Now it's too oversaturated and you have all the young try hards trendwhore kids wearing them (actually they always did).

Also the quality is just not their in their jeans, they stretch out and wear too easy. The only thing your paying for is the brand which IMO is not worth it anymore.

why do tsubi's cost so much in Oz? Shouldnt they be cheaper? fuckin hell. 300 usd? thats a ripper.

Yeah some of them do go up to 300 usd. Ksubi is overpriced and overhyped. Whatever everyone is realising it in Sydney, people around the world will start realising soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...
would just like some quick info on the fits, searched but couldnt find much info...

looking into the dee dee's or joey's? what are the fits comparable to?

I'm looking for the same info...

can anyone here share their experience with Ksubi sizing (particularly the Dee Dee style)? i just need to know if the waist runs true to size or not. thanks

Yeah some of them do go up to 300 usd. Ksubi is overpriced and overhyped. Whatever everyone is realising it in Sydney, people around the world will start realising soon enough.
ss 08 is not overhyped...shit is dope. overpriced, probably.

• 3 months later...

I'm excited to see where Ksubi will go from here. I've heard that they've lost some of the key people from their previous organisation, and there has been a lot of distractions that has put a dent in their reputation and brand equity. To my knowledge they will be moving large parts of the production to Europe, as part of the new cooperation with Futurenet as distributor, and this should make the prices much more competitive in the European and US markets. But then again I guess they'll mostly be working with Italian denim like Candiani, and I don't believe the wash house they'll be using has the same flair for heavily distressed and ripped washes. If the designers are able to concentrate and focus on the collection, and not get caught up in all the fuzz that follows success, I believe we still should be able to see great things from them. It is one of my favourite brands, and I can't really see any other brands that have managed to combine such a graphic look with fashion in the same way as Ksubi.