SF bloomingdales

digital_denim

thread hi-jack!

Who here likes to shop at bloomingdales vs. barneys?

I've actually stopped going to bloomies since the barneys sales. Is this wrong?

So, instead of starting a completely seperate thread ill high jack the high jacking...

I just moved to Vallejo (for three months), for a job in Napa. I know there is a Barneys outlet in Napa which is pretty sweet. But what i really want to know is where the good shit in San Fran is. Ive looked at the SuperMaps before and read some, but i know there have got to be some good stuff not listed.

So, someone, please, hook a brother up with some store names. Thanks!

Im looking at you Minya, polyrock, chrisN and anyone else who knows the scoop.

the barney's outlet was kinda weak in my opinion. But yeah Barney's opening up soon too, not sure where. Carl, head to Hayes Valley, lots of cool shops in the area, like MAC and Azaleas. I think there's a SF thread in another section mentioning stores.

Bloomingdales sent me a men's catalog. Which featured APC, Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, hmmm..can't think of more right now, but it looked pretty sweet. Plus two $25 gift cards to boot!

Hot damn! Where do i sign up for a catalogue?

Thanks for the info too...im gonna do a little more investigating.

*edit* Gonna be there when Self Edge opens? I kinda wanted to ask about a SF meet and greet in another thread about SE but i wasnt too sure that was such a hot idea

where is the rolo on market? what's it by? i've been to the one on howard the corner shop one and i didn't like it very much but i haven't been there recently. i just remember there was a really nice trovata blazer i wish i'd gotten

it's right by the Church St. MUNI stop. Right near the Diesel store, sort of right at the beginning of the Castro. At the Diesel store just walk two minutes down Market and it's on your right. I don't think it has any girls stuff, though, just menswear.

just call bloomies up and ask to be on their mailing list. if you open a credit card with them it helps even more.

yeah the good rolo is on castro and market. I made the mistake of riding my bike to work on Market st today. People were double parked on it to just get a look at the new mall. I'll avoid that place for a few more weeks. Huf had Spruce and W+H stuff in today, I might go back for one.

*edit* Gonna be there when Self Edge opens? I kinda wanted to ask about a SF meet and greet in another thread about SE but i wasnt too sure that was such a hot idea

how about this?

we'll even HOST a SF meet n greet..

is that too cheesy?

can we live with ourselves after doing this?

it might be too much.

think about it.. if it sounds appealing, we'll set up a SF meet n' greet... we'll supply the music and alcohol. you guys supply the bodies and we'll do it after business hours.

Yea, meet and greet sounds awesome...but what will I wear? :)

Went to the preview of the Bloomingdales Wed.night and the store itself is very nice...black and white motif, bright lights, very international chic...however, the clothes in the men's section were just so-so. Lots of AmJack stuff (Chip&Pepper, Rock&Republic, True Religion, etc). There were some nice pieces though (albeit out of my price range) from Viktor & Rolf, Number Nine, Gilded Age, Marc Jacobs, and Paul Smith. Overall, I give the store a 9/10 but the clothes a 7/10. I'm going to check out the rest of the mall this weekend and will try to give an update!

don't you all worry.. they'll be some serious SF discounts for the Meet n' Greet.. can't say on what yet, but we'll make sure everybody's happy. is this going to be the first SF meet up ever?