Little Kid skaters?!?

MONIKER

different standards, thats all...

when we we skated as kids, i remember older heads wondering what the hell was going on because we were pushing skateboarding into the next generation of tricks.. more flippity, slidey, etc etc.

now that the awkward age of skateboarding is long gone, the bar just keeps getting raised on good tricks. in the videos i watched as a kid, the fattest fliptricks were like 2 feet off the ground. nowadays, kids are learning off videos where dudes are hucking their bodies off of rooftops. thats what these kids think is the norm. so they start off by leaping off buildings.

will skating ever hit a plateau? has it already hit it??

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

it's the same way for snowboarding too. people like shaun white, young and just full of raw talent.

check out these kids in this video! like what is that? so effortless and smooth. puts us geezers in shame.

http://www.bearmtn.com/videos/video3.mov

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

in the case of shaun white, i used to snowboard with that kid when i was 16 and he was like.. 8? at snow summit..

even back then, his dad would make him wear a helmet which was bigger than himself, and he was throwin down crazy spins off of Wiseman's in the Westridge park. Point being that he was ALREADY doin crazy things when the standards were somewhat reasonable... kid was built for riding.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

First of all, all the kids are into it cause of the Tony Hawk video game... So they think good skateboarding is grinding down 100 yards of steel pipes elevated 80 feet in the air then doing 720 kickflips over a vat of boiling lava.

If that's their paradigm then of course they are ruthless. Kids aren't scared, they are going to try anything, and couple that with all the fucking Tony Hawk Learn To Skate Volume 1-8 videos that their parents get them for Christmas and you have a bunch of serious junior hooligans ripping up the street.

Except for Joey, he was always too fat and lazy and preferred to stay inside with his Playstation 2 while Tommy and Tristan practiced ollies off their front stairs. "F- them," he thinks, "wait till they challenge me in 2 player mode, I'll show them who's boss."

It's Red Motherfucking Foxxworth coming straight from VA, and I've been known to make the hoes bounce it up and down like the WNBA

the future....Nyjah Huston youngest to win the tampa am at age 10 go to skateboarding.com and peep his final run.

"Life's like a gamble we scramble for money, might crack a smile but ain't a damn thing funny."icon_smile_clown.gif

yo Jupafett you seen RB's NY re-visited joint, Keenan and Maurice Key fire footy, Pre-artsy Puleo(he still rips, but whatevs) among many others killing it, when killing it was a good thing. all old footy ... no music ... good stuff!

ny revisited is the good shit, makes me happy to watch that. definitely a must have for all the heads out there.

back to the little kids, fuck i'm visiting my parents and hit up the park by their spot today...little kid, musta been 12 at the oldest, pulling biggy flip front boards and nollie back heel lips down a good sized rail, shit was bonkers.

fuck around and get your waffle split

• 3 weeks later...

It is to be expected, the bar always gets raised with young cultures, just check the underground scene of ANYTHING ANYWHERE. It'll develop to a natural plateau and then it'll just simmer and slowly evolve... a good metaphor is the IT-business, of course skating and Downhill MTB.

Denim Fanatismé.

img1059114603.jpeg