Silver Jeans

kwiteaboy

So, I saw a pair of shiny silver Dior jeans last time I was in Harrod's, and thought to myself, "I could do that to a pair of jeans with some spray paint". I went out and bought some H&M Sliq Raws to try it on, but I don't have any idea what to do beyond that. Some research has shown that regular household spray paint will make the jeans too stiff, and will lead to flaking. I found some fabric paint called "Lumiere" that is supposed to be the best metallic fabric paint, but I don't know how to apply it. Do I get some regular brushes and brush it on that way? Or do I buy an airbrush and do it up that way?

Any advice from anyone with experience painting denims, or actually any ideas from anyone, would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I got the paint and decided to get some regular foam brushes to try, since no shops I went to had airbrush kits. I did a test run on a shitty old pair of jeans, and I think brushing is the way to go.

I washed the pair I intend to actually wear, which may have been a mistake. I'll have to press them really well before I paint them.

The paint also works remarkably well on leather, e.g. shoes. I think some cheap shiny gold Chelsea boots are also in my future.

Expect photos today or tomorrow!

this reminds me of this trend they had like 6 years ago at my school (a "ghetto" school) where everybody wore these shiny jeans with shiny jackets. when i think about it now, they were all wearing raw denim (they all had warnings against crocking) and i really wish i got into that trend because i'd have some pretty interesting jeans to fade. they came in all kinds of shades, i even remember one had some sort of window pane pattern somehow weaved into it...man...

It looks interesting but, imo, they're way too silver now. I think they'll look good after a lot of wear, but that begs the question...

how often are you going to wear silver pants?

exactly what i was thinking, although if the silver do come off after some wear, they might look really dope.