Sign in to follow this  
ouss

v-neck pullovers

You know that summer is ending...so pullovers are about to come out and i wanted to know what's (to you) the best manner to wear your v-neck pullovers. Images are welcomed!

do you wear it on a shirt, on a tee-shirt, or next to your skin?? personally i think it looks smarter on a shirt

I agree, I wear mine with a crewneck tee. also, I think the collar on the t-shirt shouldn't be too tight, so that the ribbed part / or about 1cm is visible from the sides from under the sweater.

I wear mine with a button-up shirt with the cuff showing. I often pair my french cuffs with some nice links with my wool v-neck sweaters and some slacks/black jeans.....

I like my v-necks deeper, but every V-neck is accompanied by a white dress shirt and a navy tie, with few exceptions.

Now the question is, where can one get good sweaters at a good price (all my old ones are basically piling like motherfuckers)

ZARA -

They have these feckin' great slimmer fitting ones made of a great wool blend for $29.99. They came in about 8 colors. If you want I can check if they still carry em' next time I am up in SF..........though I never know when that will be

deep V, nearly always with either the collared shirt/skinny tie combo or with a no-frills crewneck of varying color.

there is this beautiful Les Hommes deep V at Atelier NY that I am contemplating...slim and black with exposed seams. Gentry there says it looks amazing solo (i.e. without another shirt) but I don't know if I can pull that look off...

GAP has a bunch of knitted items this season. Even the smalls in the V-necks are slightly too big on me, as I like my sweaters to fit firmly against whatever is under it, so I ended up buying one of the thicker grey pullovers and wearing it a little loose.

definitely not on the skin...

+1... it looks...gay

I've discovered that Brooks Brothers (of all people) do really nice v-necks, in both cashmere and merino.