Lovin' this look, need help piecing it together

monochromic

was scanning through ambrel's photographs from the marc jacobs after-party at the recent ny fashion week and came across this killer look (on the left);

http://www.ambrel.net/2006/0911-marcjacobs/slides/IMG_2963_polaroid.html

the skinny black jeans and shoes are a given, but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to achieve the rest of the look? the blazer is amazing, has possibly been shortened in length? anyone seen something like this before? looks great with the light coloured waistcoat and tie.

any thoughts most appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

cool look... the shoes appear to be the hardest part and it looks like someone found those for you..

as for the jacket, I don't think its ^that Dior ^ looks like it was a 3 button / peak-lapel jacket shortened alot... Honestly just find a jacket in that shade of grey that you like, peak lapel if you want it and find a good tailor and take that picture along with your jacket. Most tailors will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you want it that short but thats what I do with my jackets, all of them, shorten the hems/sleeves/take in the sides.

white shirt, basic enough, I like dior homm'es basic white with the small collar but I found a perfect one at Zara with tiny collar and darts in the front, real coolm like $40. Skinnky silver tie.. scour (spelling?) the thrift stores or hit some place like barney's or whatever. and for the jeans, again zara or perhaps acne or even julian red hoboken black bullets?

perhaps that helps, good luck, let us know when you've replicated the look with some pics

speaking of TuX style jackets does anyone know of a cheap brand or place where I could get one, don't feel liek speding mad money on one.. guess round NYC area if anyone knows..

Thanks i advance

I saw some at Sisley and the Viktor + Rolf for H&M collection dropping in November has at least one tux shirt in grey, not sure about a white one.

Btw if you want to see how this look should end up at the end of the night, check out Kevin Costner in Fandango. Perfection.

looks like a 2 button dior blazer.. similar to the lad musician ones..

its a good play on colours actually.

dont forget what really pulls the outfir together is that white waist-coat underneith. if you wanna achieve a subtle look like that you gotta go for high quality of cut and fabric to pull it.

i'd look into lad musician if i was you. slightly better price than DH, less common, and very interesting.

can only get from JP though, but sites like http://www.tokiondon.com will hook you up

tomm

thanks for your thoughts guys, most appreciated. really have my heart set on that dior jacket (even if it does cost and arm and a leg!) so may go with that if i can find a retailer with a size 46 in stock (currently in contact with one store in japan).

tomm, lad musician jackets look great though i was really looking for something in grey. the cropped jacket is one style i'm really diggin'. and you're right, what really pulls the look together is the waist-coat.

I just got an APC jacket in the same tone as the one above, and am having the store crop a whole lot off the bottom, got the armholes raised high and the sides brought in real tight.

Ideas for footwear alterenatives on the OP's pictured outfit? No Demeulemeester shop in town, and not excited to spend $600 on sneakers anyway...

APC does tailoring? How much did that cost?

I believe tailoring services are available all over American department stores and other good shops as well? I'm not sure how good those are, but I really think Asian tailors do good work, and it's a default service given for free here in Asia even at low-end stores like APC, and even cheap local brands. Most Asian people use the in-house tailoring because Asian bodiees tend not to work so well with European clothes as they come off the peg.