Experimental Music

typicalfashion

all this talk of haino makes me want to see what other stuff you guys are listening to...

my current playlist:

Touch 25 Compilation (really fucking good)

William Basinski - Variations for Piano & Tape

Asva - Futurists Against the Ocean

Fennesz - Endless Summer

Keiji Haino & Tatsuya Yoshida - Until Water Grasps Flames

i think morrmusic, cco, fat cat, et. al are the best bunch of 'experimental music'

they are listenable while toying with the avant garde

of course, they are not extremely experimental per se, but i think it best embodies the direction how cutting edge blends with pop well

Recently I've been listening to the new Terrestrial Tones album, "Dead Drunk," and the new Black Dice 12", "Manoman," both of which are drop-dead stunning. "Manoman" has the greasy, sluggish dance that they've been playing live, and is sadly over in 15 minutes.

In addition:

the Skaters-"Raising Spheres of Conscious Angel Minds"

Masada- "Live in Jerusalem"

Double Leopards- "Urban Concussion"

Leafcutter John- "The Forest and the Sea"

GH!- "Heavy Elements"

I can't wait to pop in "Altar" and the new Vampire Can't.

• 3 weeks later...

Which one? Human Animal? River Slaughter? The new Hanson square unlathed-vinyl where John Olson's shitting in a truck-stop stall in rural Nebraska is imitated through destroyed saxophone and bleating goat (a man can hope)?

Which one? Human Animal? River Slaughter? The new Hanson square unlathed-vinyl where John Olson's shitting in a truck-stop stall in rural Nebraska is imitated through destroyed saxophone and bleating goat (a man can hope)?

Human Animal AND River Slaughter... I'm digging Human Animal a little more right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Lightning Bolt is pretty awesome, seeinig them would be pretty intense and loud.

I've been listening to Chris Herbert's Mezzotint alot lately and if you're a fan of warm tube distortion drone sounds then you'll love it.Perfect for sleeping,working, doing whatever.

Oren Ambarchi.

Fennesz.

Fantomas.

Marc Ribot.

Pan Sonic.

Einsturzende Neubauten.

James Plotkin.

Autechre.

John Duncan.

What's most interesting is what is occuring right now in the tributaries of Metal and Doom. Serious experimental intensity is underway. Sunn O))), Khanate, Xasthur, Dillinger Escape Plan, Boris, and standing apart from all of the above, the incomparable Meshuggah.