joy division nike blazers.

Guest jmatsu

I loved how in one this book I have on Joy Division the band states how there were never ever any shirts made legally of the album cover from Unkown Pleasures.....one of the band members used to confront said vendors and the other guys in the band would always ask him: "What did you get out of him" to which he replied " about 10 free shirts"........those dudes were awesome.

it's not like saville actually designed it, he just got it out of an astronomy book.

If this is an attempt at criticizing Saville, this is really weak. Art is no longer solely about "creating" -- contextualization is now as important to art as creativity. The Saville Joy Division CD cover is probably one of the most visually striking, interesting, and unforgettable CD covers I've ever seen, and I don't even care about Joy Division.

Some of the most compelling and interesting art of the 20th century hasn't been new at all. Not to sound like a generic art history teacher, but Duchamp, Rauschenberg, Warhol, etc all used "old" things in a "new" way.

Hell, look at Barbara Kruger.