Edwin (Japan) Selvedge

DJI

Will consider your offer.

I'm mainly interested in the japanese range atm however, as I am travelling to Japan in the next few weeks and I'm trying to find some Edwins that might be worth purchasing over there.

I might end up getting only premium jeans such as Samurais, Studio D'Artisans, Eternals or Somet if there isn't much of interest in this season's Edwins.

So only the 505xx are made of selvedge denim, or is the entire 505 range selvedge?

the entire 505 range is made of selvedge denim, however, there are currently no raw version (there is a raw 503 version however, but not selvedge, beautifull jeans though). since Edwin japan are really cheap and the washes are quite well done, i think it could still be worth it to pick up a pair anyway, the possibilities of what you can pick up in Tokyo are quite endless so you shouldn't have any problems getting a nice pair of jeans.

it sucks they don't produce those 505xx now, i've looked all year for a pair in Tokyo and didn't manage to find one...

Will consider your offer.

I'm mainly interested in the japanese range atm however, as I am travelling to Japan in the next few weeks and I'm trying to find some Edwins that might be worth purchasing over there.

I might end up getting only premium jeans such as Samurais, Studio D'Artisans, Eternals or Somet if there isn't much of interest in this season's Edwins.

Edwin's are awesome, though my Japanese friends kind of look down on them - they have a lot of selvage denim styles, plus they also do the Lee repros. If you're going to Tokyo, check out their store on Mejii Dori near Omotosando. And if you're there, check out the Chicago vintage store on the corner - I was finding great used selvage Edwins there for 1000 - 2000 yen, which is like $10 - 20 US. In general, thrift stores in Japan are a goldmine for good denim and there are a ton of them in Harajuku.