My generation is washed by Abercrombie, Hollister etc.

DrinDrin

So I was talking to my friend about what we gonna buy this weekend. And he said that he was gonna be a pair of jeans from abercrombie. And then I tell him that I was prolly gonna buy a pair of levis 517. Then he goes sorry i only buy 'real' designer jeans.

WTF, lol. Does he know if it wasn't for Levis, abercrombie prolly wouldnt even be around making jeans and shit. And destroyed denim prolly would be never herd of.

Its not even that, my whole generation prolly only know of a couple designer labels. Hollister, Abercrombie, Hollister, AE, Aeropostale, and Rhuel? When I try to speak knowledge about other companies that have actual credability like Polo, Evisu, YSL, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Dolce&Gabbana. Lacoste, Le Tigre, Marc Ecko. They just stare at me like wtf. Or some of the guys say that shit is for girls.

Another thing about abercrombie and hollister. Its the same damn look every fuckin season. There is no diffrence to me. I don't get how they keep going back to that store everytime they want a new shirt, and not get bored!!

I was sitting around for an hour at school the other day and just by chance started observing what people were wearing and I'm not exaggerating when I say that probably 80% of them were wearing Abercrombie or AE. Mind you this is on a college campus. The percentage is probaby higher in the high schools around here. I thought it was pretty interesting, and yes I also noticed that it was the same exact outfit, look, aesthetic over and over again.

That Abercrombie & Fitch look that was super popular about 4-5 years ago was one of the worst fashion trends ever. The guys all wore the same thing: uber-tight polos or shitty looking faded/distressed tees, khaki cargo shorts/pants, baseball caps, and sandals. I was in college here in SoCal at the time, so I would see hundreds of these lemmings everyday. Awful.

I was horrified to find that every single girl wears flip flops and an abercrombie or AE hoodie while I was in SF. I seriously started to think that if flips flops were to go extinct 99% of girls would walk around barefoot. I mean, they're ok if you're just chilling in some sweats and flip flops but these girls' outfits looked deliberately put together, almost all were caked in makeup. they just cheapen your outfit!!!

abercrombie has been selling [what in my eyes appear to be] essentially the same hideous pique polos and cargo shorts for the past several years. how do people not get tired of that shit?

the only thing the company is good for is their naked boy ads. and occasionally hot workers.

i would rather have these stupid kids buying abercrombie than buying up all the sick clothes from the brands that keep it real. i love how they opened up rheul, which is the same damn fucking clothing but priced even higher. stupid kids. well more power to abercombie, they are making money.

beauty of corporate america and stupid people with disposiable income.

one of my friend's dad once told me that it really was like a luxury brand like 20 years ago. i think it started as a hunting / outdoor shop in new york city.

i would rather have these stupid kids buying abercrombie than buying up all the sick clothes from the brands that keep it real. i love how they opened up rheul, which is the same damn fucking clothing but priced even higher. stupid kids. well more power to abercombie, they are making money.

beauty of corporate america and stupid people with disposiable income.

exactly, it's good to easily identify THEM

and if their clothes are too non-descript, check out their shoes. shoes speak volumes about a person.

What makes older people look creepy is never the clothes they wear in my opinion. The creepy factor comes in when the obvious facial implants/injections/hair plugs and all of the other alien like qualities they acheive through plastic surgure. Look at the cheeks on this guy and tell me honestly there isn't 5 pounds of injected pig fat in them. Now that is creepy. Wearing youthful looking clothing is fine anytime up to a point if you are in shape and have the physique to pull it off but stay away from radical plastic facial surgery.

^^ I agree...its the cosmetic surgery that makes him look like an abomination...but clothing does play a factor in it aswell...although im not so sure he wears that on a daily basis..probably just hamming it up for the photoshoot...but it think that when you try to dress young when you're old, you look even older...its like..those mothers who share wardrobes with their teenage daughters...they think they look younger..but they just look like sad clowns......it may be a social stigma but it exists.......i just think a person at 60+ should present themselves with some dignity and sophistication..

Abercrombie was an outdoor/clothing store that made quality clothing for a long time

Alot of people also do not know that David Abercrombie used to design alot of the uniforms worn by the U.S. Military. Alot of people also do not know that the company has indeed been around for over 100 years and originally outfitted people such as Clark Gable, Ernest Hemingway, etc. Yeah, their shit gets tired, and more often than not the people that wear it are fuckwads, but damn do they have some history......

i remember reading in an old ian fleming 007 novel that sir james bond rocked abercrombie.

does anyone know if the president/owner of abercrombie hates asian people (seriously)?

^^ He could actually be the fucking weirdest looking dude I have ever seen. It's like you see his Abercrombie outfit, and you see his pearly whites, and you see his gay-ass Abercrombie dude bleached hair and then BAM! the dudes face is like 85 fuckin' years old......creepy as shit