do these look completely ridiculous?

chris

i found these grey justin boots at some vintage shop yesterday. i didnt like how high they were, so i chopped them down.

boots.jpg

yea, i know they're uneven. and i know it looks fairly obvious that i cut the tops off. but WHATEVER. they dont look as sloppy from farther distances.

anyways, refer to the title.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think those might look cool if you wear wider jeans...have you tried wearing them with shorts?;)

i agree with the wider jeans sentiment. they look pretty good, better than they would as high boots, probably. but they just seem off with such drastically skinny jeans.

Could you cut a shallow V in the front of the boot and then maybe run a lace to close it up a bit? I think you need to narrow the opening some how to make it work with your jeans. Or possibly, stealing from an above poster, run a zipper in the v but split it at the top and run it around to the back. Same general idea as those hoodies that zip all the way up the hood. If your foot wasn't in there then you could zip the whole thing shut sort of thing. If I had them in front of me it would be easy to show. Words are hard.

I think they have great potential.

They look bad with the ragged edges, but you could use the excess boot material that you cut off to make a hem and they would look great.

I don't like the look. I don't think boots like that in general look very good with slim jeans. If the bottom of your jeans fell all the way over your boots you might be able to pull if off. Right now they don't work in my opinion though.

you fucked up some dope ass boots.. you should have just pulled your jeans over the ankle part of the boots and you would have had the more tradiitional style of wearing skinny jeans with boots.

that being said, although you fucked them up, they look damn good to me. personally, i would wear them and not even care what others think, because if you can rock them and make them work, people are going to look at you and say damn those look different/rare and really cool.

to answer your question, they were some really really nice boots that would have looked great worn a certain way, and you made them into a different style. it looks good still. they don't look ridiculous to me, they look great.

i guess the way i see it is if you took a hard top sports car that was really really nice, and made it a convertible.

yeah, you fucked up a really nice hard top sports car, but you made a bad ass convertible out of it!

i think they either need to be cut cleaner with precision or need to be even rougher at the edges on purpose. they're kind of in-between right now. the other problem is that they look too freshly cut. a little wear should make them look a lot better.

but i like your adventurousness.

HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:

Measure the circumference of the opening on each boot.

Cut the extra boot material into strips long and thick enough to cover

at least half of the circumference.

Create a full or half-circle of boot material that you can lay over the jagged

edge to cover it. Essentially, you're creating a makeshift hem by folding

a strip of leather over the inside and outside of the boot opening. If you're

lucky, you can use one long strip of leather- otherwise do it in halves, left

and right.

If you can, sew the makeshift hem onto the boot. Otherwise, I don't see why

strong glue wouldn't work. The general effect will look like an ankle boot with the

top inch or two cuffed down.

I think they'll look fantastic if you do that, otherwise, they look -just okay-.

yes chris

they do look ridiculous

and thats the beauty of them

if you wear them with confidence

kick some faces in

kcik some ass, take some names

kick some names take some ass

then they will look good

but i think that with some wear they fray will look better

if only ther was a way to make the opening smaller just so your jeans could drape over it a little bit,

The question is do they fit right? My feet are a bit sensitive so if they fit weird than it doesnt matter what they look like. I don’t know if its just cause of the slimness of the jeans but they look a bit big, which I dont find comfortable in boots. As for the appearance; very nice.