45rpm Help

BigTime

I love my RRDS and thier fit. I am looking to get some 45RPMS do any of you know which cut would be similar. I wear a 36 waist in my RR but they are very loose on me. I am not looking for anythign too slim or tight.

also can i buy online or only in nyc?

thanks much!!

You may be able to get through a Japanese middle man, but other than that, I think NYC is the only other option. However, I suggest you read like a mofo, and I am sure you will be able to find a pair you would be just as happy with for a fraction of the cost. There are just so many options for Japanese denims.

i have the black over dyed sorahiko's, which are pretty much drain pipe-ish straight leg, but they do conform to your body and become a bit less drain pipe-ish after a few wears. no subtle bootleg on them at all like the rrds, but i would think they would be your best bet as far as fit from the 45 rpm line (i think. someone who has more experience can you give you a better answer though). the cut is pretty democratic, not too slim, not too baggy so i think it fits the bill. plus they cost cheaper than the jamons, and umii's. i think the nyc store charges around $330 for them.

the quality on them is excellent with nice details, hardware, and hairy selvedge denim

You may be able to get through a Japanese middle man, but other than that, I think NYC is the only other option. However, I suggest you read like a mofo, and I am sure you will be able to find a pair you would be just as happy with for a fraction of the cost. There are just so many options for Japanese denims.

I have to disagree on this one - my rby45rpm sorahikos are by far the best pair of jeans I've ever owned.

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14281&page=2

I travel to japan on occasion and have tried many different brands, and the sorahikos blow them all away. the funny thing is that 45rpm is not that big in japan - you won't see them all over the lightning books, etc. my only critique is that they don't have a traditional looking selvage line, but that's minor to me. the fit, the way the indigo faded, the little details (they use a different denim on the back middle beltloop that is only revealed after a year or so of wear). find an excuse to get to nyc. or tokyo.

great thanks!. i am lookign to order online prehaps. i will not be in nyc for many months. i wear a 36 in nudie rrds, but they are loose in the waist good in the legs. i do have bigger legs. i am like 6'3 215lbs. i think i would get a 36 how does this sound? u think i might need bigger?

besides my nudies all my other jeans are 34.

what do u guys think.

Guest Fade to Black
great thanks!. i am lookign to order online prehaps. i will not be in nyc for many months. i wear a 36 in nudie rrds, but they are loose in the waist good in the legs. i do have bigger legs. i am like 6'3 215lbs. i think i would get a 36 how does this sound? u think i might need bigger?

what do u guys think.

I'd say 45 RPM is pretty true to size, so just get the size closest to your actual waist. My waist is 31.5 inches, my first pair was a 32 which fit perfectly at first but after repeated wears it's stretched about an inch and now they sag a little...then i bought another pair in a 31 that was hard to button up at first and kinda dug into my waist, but after about a week or two of repeated wear they fit perfectly without a belt, loosening up on the waist a bit so they're a bit lower than the actual rise but still acceptable as they're probably now a 32. I would say they stretch about an inch, no more, from my personal experience.

what do u guys think.

http://www.rby45rpm.com (45RPM's US website) has good measurements for the Sorahikos. Read up and compare. You're probably a 34.

what do u guys think.

I'm 6'0 180lbs and I have a size 34 that fits me perfectly. I suggest you get a 36, unless you want them tight and make them stretch.

BTW, I also have a size 34 Nudie RRDS. Also works well.

great thanks!. i am lookign to order online prehaps.

I think the 45rpm store has shipped jeans out to people before, so mail order from NYC is always a possibility. They only have the slim Sorahiko on their website, but you can probably call them and order the other items.