picking up women

artificialsky

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the one thing I've learned so far about getting girls is that it makes no fucking sense whatsoever. The story behind my current girlfriend:

I was going after a girl, meeting her, etc. One night, we decided to split up from the rest of the crowd and go to her friend's house, whom I so far had never really spoken to even though she goes to my school. We drank a bit, talked a bit, and started watching a movie in her bed. I tell the friend that I want this girl. For the next 2 weeks, I met both of them quite often, but the friend just as a friend. Then, the girl and her friend went on vacation for a weekend and got into a huge fight to the extent where they don't talk anymore. I immediately decided that it was none of my business and kept meeting both of them. About a week later, I also get into a fight with the girl I was after. Now, another two weeks later, I'm together with her friend.

I'd be interested how Neil Strauss explains that one... because I'm sure I made absolutely no moves whatsoever.

Horrible things Im coming to realize about women now that I'm a 24 year old SuFu head in Seattle:

1. the smart classy ones are already engaged.

2. the rest are stupid, so get ready to dumb yourself down when you talk to girls so that what you say doesnt go over their head. this is seriously my main concern when talking to girls.

3. there are no single girls in Seattle over age 19 and under 200 pounds. its rainy 9 months out of the year so they need the company, therefore will not remain single. I need to move.

4. its true what the guy said about wearing American Eagle.

5. and dont talk about clothes, ever. they need to think they have that edge over you.

6. the nicer your apartment, the less you will get laid.

7. having a full time job makes you less desireable.

Horrible things Im coming to realize about women now that I'm a 24 year old SuFu head in Seattle:

1. the smart classy ones are already engaged.

2. the rest are stupid, so get ready to dumb yourself down when you talk to girls so that what you say doesnt go over their head. this is seriously my main concern when talking to girls.

3. there are no single girls in Seattle over age 19 and under 200 pounds. its rainy 9 months out of the year so they need the company, therefore will not remain single. I need to move.

4. its true what the guy said about wearing American Eagle.

5. and dont talk about clothes, ever. they need to think they have that edge over you.

6. the nicer your apartment, the less you will get laid.

7. having a full time job makes you less desireable.

girls are cuter in vancouver, bc, and boys, in portland (with the exception of steep and his manfriend, of course).

RUN!

I'm a pretty recent transplant to Seattle, and JesseJB seems to be right on so far about the dating scene here. Even dudes with A game get destroyed here because there just aren't any single girls.

I need to get done with what I need to get done with here and move east.

I'm a pretty recent transplant to Seattle, and JesseJB seems to be right on so far about the dating scene here. Even dudes with A game get destroyed here because there just aren't any single girls.

I need to get done with what I need to get done with here and move east.

One of my (french speaking) friend moved to Seatle and said he can't believe how much girls are into him (his first time in the states for more than short term vacation), so your mileage may vary. Of course anglo-saxons are so geeky and bad regarding dating/mating that they need to read "how to guides" to kinda maybe get it on.

girls are cuter in vancouver, bc, and boys, in portland (with the exception of steep and his manfriend, of course).

RUN!

if i am not wrong, portland is one of the US cities with more portuguese people.

any connection?ahah

RUN!

we have the most stuck-up bitches in this town, so whatever... good for one-night stand, but anything long-term... no way.

One of my (french speaking) friend moved to Seatle and said he can't believe how much girls are into him (his first time in the states for more than short term vacation), so your mileage may vary. Of course anglo-saxons are so geeky and bad regarding dating/mating that they need to read "how to guides" to kinda maybe get it on.

I met a french speaking guy who recently moved to town the other night, and one of my (female) friends may or may not have been into him, so maybe you have something there. But I'm not willing to entirely attribute my lack of success here to the absence of any Gallic or Medeterranian genetics and sensibilities! There really does seem to be a paucity of single girls here. Or maybe I'm just going to all the wrong places.

this is very true.

girls around me love guys with accents. the most favored ones are british and eastcoast.

swoon!

I call some bullshit on the Seattle thing. While I have no success whatsoever in the Seattle bar scene (more on that in a bit), there are plenty of cool single girls in their early 20s AT THE VERY LEAST at the three colleges in our town. Jesse, all your observations are spot on, but they're not necessarily unique to Seattle. Every other college town is full of thousands of AE wearing bros too, and hotter climate means hotter girls and more competition. I don't think we're better or worse off here than anywhere else, it's just a matter of not rationalizing away and externalizing why we aren't finding quality girls. Maybe we should get together and figure this out.

Now, in bars I am very successful at opening girls and getting them SUPER interested... for maybe five minutes tops. The progression of my interactions is like this: \_. Start out with high interest, plummet, flat-line, end of conversation.

The only real place I've had consistent success has been at workplaces: because I'm in an environment where it's easy to do well, I go on a rampage and sleep with 3-4 coworkers, fuck everything up, and leave. So that's not actually any good either.

With regard to social dynamics, Neil Strauss, etc.: I used to gobble that shit up, but am so far out of it now that it doesn't even seem interesting anymore, just overly challenging. :confused:

PS: Girls should like that I'm interested in clothes but definitely do not. WHY IS THAT

PS: Girls should like that I'm interested in clothes but definitely do not. WHY IS THAT

possibly...

depends on how you go about it... you could come off as maybe a homosexual, weird, or just as a materialist or a "beast"/obsessive which is not attractive, at least imo. having a massive shoe collection is on par with playing video games during all of yer free time--seems kind of immature and gets annoying. :shrugs: but all this depends on the lady and how serious you take yer stuff.

:confused:

and i wonder how many ppl in total are actually interested in fashion. i think folk overestimate how much women are into fashion or rather, actual style. there are ppl who follow trends, celebs, or ready-made aesthetics and that's it... hmm, i'unno.

^ you dont have to dress in "bro" clothes like someone suggested, but don't show up in your silver dior homme jacket either...unless she's into that type of shit, but most girls dont "get" men's high end fashion(the really costume-y shit). i think most of the guys on sufu are good in that department because nobody here really dresses too flashy.

of course all that shit means nothing if you meet your girls at raves.

^ you dont have to dress in "bro" clothes like someone suggested, but don't show up in your silver dior homme jacket either...unless she's into that type of shit, but most girls dont "get" men's high end fashion(the really costume-y shit). i think most of the guys on sufu are good in that department because nobody here really dresses too flashy.

of course all that shit means nothing if you meet your girls at raves.

Wow. They still have raves? I thought that shit went extinct circa 2002-ish or so.

^^^What you guys said was true about dressing better than the opposite sex and the conflicting/disappointing results. Especially on first meetings/dates...and s/t's in l/t relationships, as well... I think it has s/t to do with threatening their 'natural womanhood' or right to dress better.

I can understand that angle, though. I mean on a date you want her to be wondering and focusing on what's under your pants, not who makes your pants or how your pants fit better.

And yeah, co-sign on the evaluations of NW girls from BC to Seattle to Pdx.

You must dress up a "bit" for dates? Throw on a jacket, comb that mop?

nah... i just make sure my shirt doesnt have a stain. combing the mop is pointless since its gonna get messed up anyways... and shes usually running her fingers thru it.

its all about confidence i guess... i mean, as long as youre comfortable youre fine... thats why the dudes wearing the american eagle pull girls, you think they are stressing about thier clothes?

and my girl, and most of the girls ive dated lately, love me dressing better than them.... well... my girl now is some real compitition... everything looks great on her...

^ you dont have to dress in "bro" clothes like someone suggested, but don't show up in your silver dior homme jacket either...

I dunno about that... last thing you want to be is 'that cute guy with the short hair in the white shirt and jeans and black shoes... oh wait, which one was he again?'.

I'm not sure what the equivalent nowadays is, but way back in the age of 2004-2005, I hate to say the most ridiculous magnet for girls was the horror that is the designer trucker cap. Evidently a lot of girls won't just strike up a conversation, but what they WILL do is steal your shiny red hat and bat their eyelids at you.

God, this topic is giving me some amusingly hazy memories of being an appalingly dressed fresher,

this is amazing...the seattle freeze, i mean

makes seattle sound fucking awful though.

Gahhhh no...Seattle is amazing. The job, real estate, scenery, recreation, etc. is totally worth it. Just terrifying in the dating department.

Gahhhh no...Seattle is amazing. The job, real estate, scenery, recreation, etc. is totally worth it. Just terrifying in the dating department.

if everything fails, you might as well start cruising for sex (yes homo).

there's an unfortunate truth to picking up girls. it involves actually being way less stylish.

step 1.) don't be skinny. work out and get muscular. girls like that.

step 2.) throw away your slim fitting japanese repro jeans and your visvims and your supreme tees. Trade them in for american eagle polos with a predistressed collar and some chinos from Tommy.

step 3.) Buy a corona hat and some aviators from a gas station.

step 4.) get a tan

step 5.) go to a club and sleep with corny chicks

There ya go.

wait what...

no!

corny chicks are not ...

the right kind

of chick.

no!

fuck no!

god damn...