Nudie vs. APC dry selvage denim -- differences?

blank

Is there a difference in the type of dry selvage denim that Nudie and APC use in their jeans? I ask because when looking at pictures of jeans that have been worn-in for months, Nudie jeans (specifically an RRDS) seem to have far more pronounced fades and crinkles, while APC jeans seem to take a subtler form. I’m starting my first pair of dry denim today (APC rescue) and eager to see what happens to them, but might be regretting it because all of the pictures of Nudie RRDS worn-in seem far nicer than a worn-in APC.

Okay, thanks. And that difference is...

there could be innumerable differences. Sizing used; cotton source used; speed of loom; weight of denim; etc. etc. etc. etc. This is a silly question. Very few jeans use identical denim.

Even if the denim was identical, there's likely to be production differences amongst and between runs.

I'll rephrase: what makes Nudies and APC's wear with such a drastically different fade?

Again. Silly question. Innumerable differences.

How they're worn. What the person does in them. How often they're washed. Etc etc etc etc etc etc. There are countless factors. Every pair of jeans is a snowflake.

How often they are washed and how tightly they're worn are some of the main contributing factors to different fades.

i heard they are the same exact thing. like heidi based his jeans on nudies way back in the day

actually i think hedi is more a fan of apc. they look a lot closer to dior homme than nudie.

as for the original question you will definately not be dissapointed with the quality of apc denim. they can produce some of the best fades. a more important factor is how you wash and wear your jeans. look at the pics in the before and after thread.

this is a joke by the way. its pretty fucking obvious to anyone who has or has handled both that the denim is very different.

APC quailty is good, not great, denim is decent. I'd probably equate these as the "Honda Accord" of denim. Nudies, i could never justify them since they went from $180-$265 in 2005. I think the quality has gone down in the last pair i bought, maybe that is why i sold them.

Nudies do fade very nicely though

Guest jeffvyain

see, I would say APCs are more like the ford mustang and something like levis stf would be the honda accord. then we have all those italian sports cars, which would be your japanese brands...

but hey, to each his own... i just didn't like my APCs being compared to one of the most popular cars on the road. Of course, if you're talking about APCs only in reference to the Supertalk crowd, the honda accord would be a very good analogy.

k i'm done

levis regular STF are like the pinto

APC's are still the honda accord, a lot of miledge, for not too much price

japanese brands are like the lexus's for quality of denim or if you wish, the mustangs, work horses for construction

dior's are your italian sportscars, a bit too much for some people

and your 45RPM's are your mercedes...quality all the way

levis regular STF are like the pinto

APC's are still the honda accord, a lot of miledge, for not too much price

japanese brands are like the lexus's for quality of denim or if you wish, the mustangs, work horses for construction

dior's are your italian sportscars, a bit too much for some people

and your 45RPM's are your mercedes...quality all the way

agree with this. excep that i don't think dior is the ferrari of jeans...

i don;t really either, i couldn't really think of anything else, maybe evisu is the ferrari b/c its so flashy? but not really cuz the quality isn't there

I thought Evisu's quality (Japanese, not EU) was up there with the rest of the Japanese brands.

^ 45rpm bespoke? Haha.... 45rpm bespoke in the 7 year wash is more like the mint condition 1960's Chinese-eye Bentley Continental II that you drive daily....

I kinda agree with the Honda Accord/APC comparo, but the flaw in that is they're still a stylish jean (or can be) whereas the Accord is not a stylish car. The standards for denim in this forum just keep multiplying exponentially for what a 'good jean' is... Superfuture early 2005 was people talking about lots of mainstream mall brands of denim and the occasional wild guy with Nudies with no pretense, August 2006's Superfuture means you get flamed if you don't have three pair of raw Sorahikos for pajamas....

^ 45rpm bespoke? Haha.... 45rpm bespoke in the 7 year wash is more like the mint condition 1960's Chinese-eye Bentley Continental II that you drive daily....

I kinda agree with the Honda Accord/APC comparo, but the flaw in that is they're still a stylish jean (or can be) whereas the Accord is not a stylish car. The standards for denim in this forum just keep multiplying exponentially for what a 'good jean' is... Superfuture early 2005 was people talking about lots of mainstream mall brands of denim and the occasional wild guy with Nudies with no pretense, August 2006's Superfuture means you get flamed if you don't have three pair of raw Sorahikos for pajamas....

i agree with u , i think the creation of the superdenim forum really helped that..

seems to be fewer dumb questions then in the past

i definetly find the car analogies quite interesting and valid for the most part