bill

Hedi Slimane/Saint Laurent/Dior Homme general discussion thread

^they look really cheap idk why

I actually agree. The leather kind of looks like plastic.

I wish Hedi would stop reminiscing about the past of rock n roll and create magic again like he did at Dior from 2003-2005. 

I wish Hedi would stop reminiscing about the past of rock n roll and create magic again like he did at Dior from 2003-2005. 

Dior Homme AW2004 - AW2005 was pretty rocked focused. It's more AW2001 - SS2004 that was more experimental, less literal. 

Anyone have any experience with the Saint Laurent T-shirts?  I got one of the Modified YSL logo shirts from last season in size small yesterday, and holy crap is it short.

Like, two or three inches shorter than my DH shirts from '04-'06.  Is this normal, or did I get someone that was shrunk in the wash?

Edited by TheGrapist

I want to see someone on this website wearing the pink foil boots (0).

I'll start taking donations now, I will wear them everyday, but yung broke college boy needs help here if we want to make this happen.

That looks full retard. Wolves or Fireworks embroidery from DH years were pretty cool, but thats just plain fucked up. Never go full retard.

never got the wolves/fireworks hype, but i'd fuck with the blood luster bomber. not a fan of the denim jacket though, too true-religiony for me. 

In general t-shirts are about hip length (also quite wide in the shoulders, boxy in the waist, with somewhat cropped sleeves - kind of 50s looking). Considerably shorter than DH, which to me is a good thing, as DH t shirts seem excessively long.

The grey and ivory striped t shirt from spring and summer 14 however, was extremely short. It only just covers my belt with SS14 jeans worn fully pulled up like the runway. Sleeves are very cropped on that one too. It looks great though for a change.

Edited by kieran

I think I was a bit hasty with my original assessment. I think maybe my legs were a bit swollen or something as I walked a lot yesterday, and then tried the jeans on late in the evening. 

After trying them today, I actually really like them and I feel they are a slight improvement. I would say that the fit is very similar to SS14 (comparing them today they are almost exactly the same). However, the denim is a little different (feels slightly thicker than the SS14 and is polyurethane instead of elastane), and they are a little tighter in the knee and calf area (though only slightly). Also, the hem is a little wider at 16cm, the length is slightly shorter (less than an inch), and the pockets are shallower (like the Italian made jeans).

If you really like AW13 jeans, then I'd try and track some down (some of the London stores seem to still have them) as these are much more similar to SS14 than AW13.

this is probably pointless, but worth a shot, has anyone ever found Hedi's personal email? I'm trying to find a way to become a studio assistant for him in LA, if you have found it, and wouldn't mind PMing me, that be rad.

lol

He might hire you if you are under 20 yo, tall slender boy who'll do 'anything' to land this job.

im sure asterix knows, go pm him

lol

lol

He might hire you if you are under 20 yo, tall slender boy who'll do 'anything' to land this job.

mamma we made it

anybody have fw13 leather pants? im in the "smedium" category and wary about which size to get. my instincts tell me to go with a 48 instead of a 46 bc if shit hits the fan, well, at least i have some material to taper down with. also im not sure if all SL leather pants are created equal so any insight would be helpful. 

(ahem, darkanimal)

leather pants supposedly fit tighter than jeans, if you are like a 31 waist id go for a 48, worst comes to worst wear a belt.

i tried them on. i hope you like leggings. 

if u wear a 28-29 in jeans go 46 in leather (non stretch) 30-31 go 48 in leather

To anyone that owns the motorcycle harness boots, how big is the leg opening? I'm thinking about copping them but am unsure if the 15.5cm jeans will fit comfortably over them.  Thanks in advance. 

13ym32o.jpg