visvim s/s 2013

Yom

Ah, ok, thanks a lot!

Well, I'd go for a regular one but it seems that they are sold out in size 3 and also 4 at every store I know... On here they still have got the olive one: http://www.samplekickz.com/tag/visvim-jkt/page/2/ But it makes me a little bit worried that they write S, M, L instead of 1, 2, 3 and I've never purchased from them... are they trustworthy?

Thanks once again for your help on here.

I have the AW12 in a size 3, layered over a shirt and a white owl. The white owl is also a 3 but fits small. Kilgore fits true to size, if not slightly big. I take a 3 in shirts also as a fyi

Kilgores depend on the season. For instance S/S linen ones are going to be tighter/smaller than AW ones. Hell, I think the 'regular' 2013 S/S Kilgores (olive, green, etc) were smaller than 2012 A/W  ones.. but ask someone for confirmation. If you are in the market for a Autumn/Winter Kilgore, go with the same size as your shirts. If you want a S/S Linen one, I'd consider going one size up.

this isn't all that accurate.

FW 12 kilgore fits smaller in certain areas so some might need to size up depending on body type. i dont own one but ive heard people say it fits tight in shoulders, but works well sleeve length so when sizing up it helps the shoulders but might make sleeves a little long...

SS13 kilgore is more TTS than fw12 from what i've heard.

SS13 linen Kilgore is TTS, i think its bigger to be honest.

a fit pick of what you were thinking about.

this is the linen kilgore over a denim albacore (similar to social sculpture) and a lhamo. i wear a sz 4 in everything (5 in tees and some shirts if i can find them), the kilgore is a sz 4 as well.

n2b6zyd.jpg

hope that helps.

big discussion about this on fuk.uk

Edited by Kaf

Thanks guys, this really helps a lot.

If I'd go for the one from samplekickz.com, I'd go for the size L because I want to have it a little bit bigger (as mentioned, normally I'm a size 3...).

Does anybody have any experience with samplekickz? Are they reliable and don't sell fakes?

What I wrote is based on FW12 olive Kilgore I had (already gone as I was hoping to grab one of these green 13SS Kilgore jackets) vs the measurements given at yahoo auctions when I was hunting down the Kilgore 2-3 months back. If you are size 3 in Visvim shirts, I'd grab a Kilgore size 3 or 4 depending on how much layers you want to go with.

And yes, it's pretty tough to get a size 3 or 4 now

As for samplekickz- yes, that's a reliable source and they've been around for a long time. Do your own research but I've never heard of anyone getting a fake item from them (humanbehaviour is ok as well as far as I know)

Edited by kodziru

From the picaro elm to the picaro Virgil to the small detail on the deckhand AW 11 and the indigo patch on the back of all the pants is all German elk suede, I don't have a suede testing kit yet so that's just what I've been told. And I've felt the elm the Virgil's... They feel identical , pretty sure there no such thing as a suede testing kit lol. You can tell the German elk is thick where deer skin is more supple and flexible like a thin leather

FW 12 kilgore fits smaller in certain areas so some might need to size up depending on body type. i dont own one but ive heard people say it fits tight in shoulders, but works well sleeve length so when sizing up it helps the shoulders but might make sleeves a little long...

this is the linen kilgore over a denim albacore (similar to social sculpture) and a lhamo. i wear a sz 4 in everything (5 in tees and some shirts if i can find them), the kilgore is a sz 4 as well.

n2b6zyd.jpg

hope that helps.

n2b6zyd.jpg

hope that helps.

what is going on with that wallpaper?

One more question about Visvim sizing..Do the 03 cut and 04 cut in non-washed denim fit exactly the same as in damaged denim or is the fit a bit more lose in NW? Judging by the photos, NW jeans seem to have much wider legs. Appreciate your help.

Just bought this from a friend in LA, so stoked about it! Definitely a great spring/summer jacket, feels great over a basic tee and just about anything else haha

varsity_zpse307c15b.jpg

visvimvarsity_zpsa04bc70f.jpg

Just bought this from a friend in LA, so stoked about it! Definitely a great spring/summer jacket, feels great over a basic tee and just about anything else haha

varsity_zpse307c15b.jpg

visvimvarsity_zpsa04bc70f.jpg

Top work sir.

Can you post a fit pic. I'd love to see it on.

Naah, all this Visvim stuff looks great when it is not too long / baggy, I'd wear size 2 myself (being 6 ft tall) but I just can't squeeze into this stuff, chest, shoulders, etc..

As for the fit pics- it's perfect. This jacket is really awesome

Another question about Visvim sizing. Does anybody know how the Visvim x Sophnet FBTs fit? I've got the chance to get my hands on a pair in size 9. In regular FBTs I'm also a size 9. Do the Sophs fit more like a regular 10 or 9.5 (I think 9.5 would be still okay for me… but 10 is too big)?

Can I just ask... coming from someone who doesn't hold much knowledge on Visvim, why are the products insanely expensive, such as the ballistic backpack costing like £500+

Do they last for decades or something?