Recent Purchases 2013

e0d9n0b5

Ja9Q1Dl.jpg

I am astounded at how fast these moved. I saw the notification on the Tres Bien Faceook page, went there, and they were sold out. Ended up getting them from Opening Ceremony after checking the stockists, and they are starting to sell out there as well.

Ja9Q1Dl.jpg

I am astounded at how fast these moved. I saw the notification on the Tres Bien Faceook page, went there, and they were sold out. Ended up getting them from Opening Ceremony after checking the stockists, and they are starting to sell out there as well.

I guess I just don't get it, a better built Vans for 100 bux more?

I guess I just don't get it, a better built Vans for 100 bux more?

Completely fair. I am just not a fan of how Vans finishes their vulcanized soles. The uneven overlap of the sole on the heel with a tab on top of that is an ugly finish to what is otherwise a nice enough shoe. Plus I am almost guaranteed that I will see no one else in my area wearing these, and its a different silhouette from Vans.

img9320g.jpg

Derk's fits with these shoes have been well received, and rightfully so. I am working towards a more techwear-oriented aesthetic but the versatility of a flat soled, minimal, white shoe is undeniable. I look at these as a more appropriate summer choice that Common Projects which are not only sold out at most stockists I would want to purchase from, but whose cost has risen with greater brand recognition and endorsement. I suspect that the same will occur with Eytys considering the rate at which they are selling, and would rather purchase them on the first run rather than the second or third when I suspect prices will increase.

Completely fair. I am just not a fan of how Vans finishes their vulcanized soles. The uneven overlap of the sole on the heel with a tab on top of that is an ugly finish to what is otherwise a nice enough shoe. Plus I am almost guaranteed that I will see no one else in my area wearing these, and its a different silhouette from Vans.

Yeah I see it your way as well, and actually just noticed the variance of sole height. I do like them, guess I just can't justify cost.

Junya??

http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/latest-arrivals/products/cotton-canvas-sneakers-white

But then again, you already went with the other ones..