BronsonMax

I created this thread to see ways people are saving money on this board. For example, I have learned that I can get all of my vitamins on sale if I wait the for the first month at GNC. They have this like Gold Sale. I look forward to reading everyones post.

If you have an engineering, science, or business degree, it'd be almost impossible not to find a job in the Houston area. Wages are good, rent/living is much cheaper than NY/LA/Chi, and there's a fair amount of entertainment. My biggest complaint is the weather... it's hot and humid about 9 months per year.

Not eating out much and almost completely killing my beer budget. If you buy booze in any quantity regularly, that would be a nice little slash to your spending. Besides, if you aren't a total lush then it's just calories you don't need. However, if you are a drunk then I can see how it would be really worthwhile to keep buying the stuff.

Other ways to save (if applicable) would be to nix cable, nix landline, really rethink your mobile plan as far as cost and real actual usefulness, and find some lower cost high speed service. I'm waiting to do all of that stuff but I'm trapped in the contracts for now.

well... if you do have to eat out, chinese food is the best

cheap as hell, flavorful, tons of variety, and leftovers still are very tasty

Oh yes, that's the primary food I ever seem to take out lately. The key is to have patience and enough curiosity to find a spot that does it really well. If you find a good spot, you can feel like a king with just a bag full of low-cost basics.

That is not bad. I am going to have to investigate, I am getting tired of NY. I need some heat in my life. NYC is looking like a disaster zone lately hurricanes, flash floods, and Mayor Bloomberg. Houston may be a nice change.

how the hell can one get tired of ny? 1st world problems smh