Digital Cameras...

Shorty Long

• 2 weeks later...

Hold my hand 'kay? I'm in the one stop shop buying my first digital camera ( Kinda ... replacing my clapped out Panasonic mini DV cam from '98) and I really know nothing.

Straight off of Amazon what's better quality? a Canon IXUS 60 Digital Camera Digital Camera [6MP 3 X Optical Zoom] or a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W70 Digital Camera [7.2 MP, 3x Optical Zoom] ... or is there anything else around that range (£200ish) that is better IYO?

Also: What accessories and how many memory sticks etc are useful if I'm travelling four or five months without a laptop to download onto?

.. cheers ..

Hold my hand 'kay? I'm in the one stop shop buying my first digital camera ( Kinda ... replacing my clapped out Panasonic mini DV cam from '98) and I really know nothing.

Straight off of Amazon what's better quality? a Canon IXUS 60 Digital Camera Digital Camera [6MP 3 X Optical Zoom] or a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W70 Digital Camera [7.2 MP, 3x Optical Zoom] ... or is there anything else around that range (£200ish) that is better IYO?

Also: What accessories and how many memory sticks etc are useful if I'm travelling four or five months without a laptop to download onto?

.. cheers ..

go the canon, def

i'm going to travel with a film camera so i don't have to worry about that sorta stuff, but friends of mine downloaded pics at internet cafes all around se asia no worries at all and uploaded them to picasa et al

go the canon, def

i'm going to travel with a film camera so i don't have to worry about that sorta stuff, but friends of mine downloaded pics at internet cafes all around se asia no worries at all and uploaded them to picasa et al

Ayyy, cool ... Cheers everyone.

I was edging towards the Canon if I'm honest - I have a little Canon Ixus APS that I knocked about all over the place for ages hidden somewhere ... was great but don't even know if APS is still a valid format. Plus it costs so much to develop the films ...

Any reason why you're using film over digital when you head out?

my girl is taking a canon digi, and i wanna use my film leica. i spend more time thinking about my photos and get better pics when i do ...

was thinking of taking a digi as well but want to travel light. also read that thai immigration limit people to one camera, but not too sure how true that is

picked up a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 for my 3week tour of asia... Took about 2,000 pics with it & it handled great. I love the stabilization of it. I was in a moving tour bus alot of the time taking shots. Each shot came out nice a clear/still...

check out cnet.com for reviews...