[PICS] TAKE5 Best Denim Store in Hong Kong - Sugarcane, Samurai, Evisu, etc.

Landy

I'm going to HK in a few days. I read an earlier post that mentions that they moved. Does anyone know what is their new address? And, do SUFU members get a discount?

Sorry, don't have the actual address.

But they've just moved down the street (I think it's Granville Road?). They are opposite the shop "Exit" (also worth checking out I think). There's an escalator / stairs nearby going up to a pedestrian footbridge, can't miss it.

• 2 weeks later...

^ basically, dude goes to check out natural indigo in these islands.

The natural indigo are the stuff that's stored in the ground drums. They need to be stirred every day to beat oxygen into them otherwise the colour agent that produces the indigo colour will die (it's a living organism i take it). That stuff is apparently the bluest colourant on the planet and you can only harvest it during the months of June and November.

Take5 is in my opinion the best denim shop in the world, they have the most insane selection and Benny lives denim.

All further Self Edge collaborations will be stocked at Take5, and all further Take5 collaborations will be stocked at Self Edge..

i would say dont just go in saying "im on superfuture" as this translates to "give me discount" i got a vip card without asking for anything... they are all real friendly so just chill shop have a chat

a friend of mine got a vip card for 20% off after spending a certain amount (think he bought 3 pairs), hopefully i can skank the card off him :D

about those pics on the forum, whats the wood for ? babelfish's cantonese is rubbish -_-''

yeah what if this happens to me? how do i tell them calling kayko and the rest do you have a secret password or something... let us know! thanks

what i would do is say something like "yea. i saw pictures on superfuture and just knew i had to come here. its amazing" and they say "o you are on superfuture?" and you say "yes" and they say "heres 20% off"

that is how it will go. lol

Take5 is in my opinion the best denim shop in the world, they have the most insane selection and Benny lives denim.

All further Self Edge collaborations will be stocked at Take5, and all further Take5 collaborations will be stocked at Self Edge..

this is the beginning of some sort of mega-global japanese denim conglomerate corporation. kudos sir. where can i buy stock?

when is the SE / Take 5/ Sufu collab comming..

early 2008. :)

Kiya, have you been to Ueno and Shimokitazawa? I think they're the best. Ground zero for japanese denim...

Everything about this shop feels extremely good! I was wondering as I went trough the pictures from Mr Benny's Okinawa trip, How big is the Japanese denim scene in Hong Kong? Is it even that big at all or is Take 5 the only shop that carries these sort of brands?

indigo denim /jap denim in hongkong has some cult followers they even have "teams" he started 8 years ago on take 5 only a handfull of people would buy his jeans but he kept lecturing these people on jap denim.. but now most of his sales are from foreigners like us that go there and buy his stuffs..

Kiya, have you been to Ueno and Shimokitazawa? I think they're the best. Ground zero for japanese denim...

i don't know how take5 compares to ueno. but in his defense, not one single store in tokyo or ueno in general had every single brand. but in saying that, you simply had to walk 5 feet to find something else you wanted. between hinoya and americaya i found everything i wanted. also the prices i could imagine must be a bit higher at take5.

i don't know how take5 compares to ueno. but in his defense, not one single store in tokyo or ueno in general had every single brand. but in saying that, you simply had to walk 5 feet to find something else you wanted. between hinoya and americaya i found everything i wanted. also the prices i could imagine must be a bit higher at take5.

poly your right take5 is more expensive in japan by 20% .. which when you have their card their prices are the same as the japanese stores but you have to shell out 3000hk dollars first..

I've been to both. I'm not criticizing Take5. I think they're good but we're talking about japanese denim. The best place to buy Japanese denim is well, in Japan. Having said that, I've bought my AI-001 from Benny and got my 20% discount card. You actually don't need it...just haggle and they'll give it to you.

I'll probably be in HK in the next 2 months so I will buy myself another pair of Japanese jeans. Real McCoy's? Flat Head's? Dry Bones? Help!!!

will the collabs be available online as well?