[PICS] TAKE5 Best Denim Store in Hong Kong - Sugarcane, Samurai, Evisu, etc.

Landy

Maybe it's just me but does anyone think that the roping is weak on hems chainstitched by Take5?

ive had problems with their chainstiching where it came undone very quickly and once where it was just done incorrectly and some stitches were missing and still got charged to fix it once i was back in Hong Kong.

I think i posted this in the travel jetset section but didnt post this here in superdenim. I went to Take 5's new store in Taipei a few months ago, here's some pics:

4167869670_11ace96756.jpg

4167503209_8bbff8e958.jpg

it's on the second floor of this corner in the Zhongxiao Dunhua neighborhood, on same road as Faith. Really easy to spot as they have a huge pair of SDA jeans hanging in the street. Great selection of goods: lots of denims, tees, sweaters, shirts, jackets, wallets and various leathergoods, boots, publications, etc. All the brands you would expect to see. Nice folks who work there too. I met Benny and one of the first things he asked me after he found out I was from the US was if I was on Superfuture.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I dont live in the US, pre-tax meaning? The price stated at the site?

yes. when buying from BIG, you are looking to pay the tag price+20~25 tax+shipping. when buying from selfedge, i think their price already includes tax and shipping. However, they stock quite different brands.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but didn't find any reference to it when I searched.

Just checked my PMs the other day. Got Ed's message about the new Take5 shop in Shanghai. Went by on Saturday. They were having a sale (20% off everything). Not sure if it is still going on. if you are in Shanghai, you should stop in.

Brands represented: IronHeart, Eternal, SugarCane, Studio d'Artisan, PBJ, Red Moon, Take5's own line, I think I saw some Samurai, etc...

They have a Union Special for Chain Stitching as well. The guy I talked to, Marx I think he said his name was, said they will be getting some A-2s from McCoy in around October.

If I have time, I will try to get by and snap some pics.

It is located at 393 Julu Lu between Maoming and Shanxi nan rd. Phone number is +86 21 6272 0530.

So stoked to have a proper denim shop in Shanghai.

^i went by today as well. I think his name is Mars, at least that what he used in email. Sale ends in a wk so I think if you duuno some1 from japan to ship jeans directly 2 u nor a member of take5. Here is the place u can get them cheapest. Pricewise, AFAIK skulls alot cheaper than BIG, the rest brands are around $15~30 cheaper than BIG, more if ur NY resident.lol

So they teach the Mars guy how to chainstitch in Shanghai, but not Patrick in the Hong Kong store? Every time I need to hem my jeans I need to wait for Benny or his wife to do it, and they are ALWAYS on the road. And not sure why Take5 is stockpiling Union Specials (according to Benny's blog entries) when they only need one in each store. And the chainstitching service by the Taipei store is not even done by T5, it's done by Faith's ZK.

So they teach the Mars guy how to chainstitch in Shanghai, but not Patrick in the Hong Kong store? Every time I need to hem my jeans I need to wait for Benny or his wife to do it, and they are ALWAYS on the road. And not sure why Take5 is stockpiling Union Specials (according to Benny's blog entries) when they only need one in each store. And the chainstitching service by the Taipei store is not even done by T5, it's done by Faith's ZK.

There were 3 workers in the store when I went. Not sure if Mars does the chainstitching or not, I just saw the machine back there and he said they could do it.

Also, I don't know if Benny is stockpiling the Union Specials, he may have just got one for the Shanghai store. As you say, Faith's can do the chainstitching in Taipei, but Shanghai doesn't have any other alternative.

I am sure Benny had to train someone to do it at the Shanghai shop because he will not be here as often as he is in HK where he can do it. In the end, he may do a better job than his Shanghai staff anyway.

edit: just saw Ed saying there was someone in the Taipei shop that is doing it. Seems to make sense that he would try to get a machine for each of his shops.

Thx for the info eddie I didn't know Ada handle the chainstitching in Taipei now. A while back I read from ZK's blog and his store was providing the chainstitching to all repro jeans stores in Taipei like t5 and Thurs. So if they have one machine at each store and have people capable of using them that would justify Benny's rather big and expensive collection of Union Specials.

oh i think what zk meant was when t5 opened there was a 1 or 2 weeks lul because they cant get the machine running properly so i think kurt 's doing it for them theyre just right around the corner ..