denimasa

I'm glad that people come visit this thread and feel happy :)

We are seriously making serious things look seriously non-serious.

leave serious things to us and enjoy DENIMASA.

someone asking about the ideas behind the design of front rise,

I use this design from the first lot and keep this as a signature of DENIMASA jeans.

Its derived from the structure of the bird's feather.

And in the aspect of designer, I want people can recognize DENIAMSA jeans by seeing from the front, no need to see the rear logo, or back pocket.

denimasa63.jpg

Here are some amazing pics of bird's feather structure

Picture borrow from www.birdwatching-bliss.com and daviddarling.info, thank you for the pictures.

feather.jpg

feather_diagram-2.jpg

I'm glad that people come visit this thread and feel happy :)

We are seriously making serious things look seriously non-serious.

leave serious things to us and enjoy DENIMASA.

I'll enjoy them when i have a pair to break in! :D

Where to buy in Thailand.

Want to see the size chart.

New Lot with size chart will available soon. It will be a new slim cut.

There should be some previous Lot available in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore and but in very few choices of size and length.

A little update about fabric in new lot.

After long long time in choosing and making a decision on a fabric to use in new lot,

its really hard to choose one from my fabric collection.

Now there will be 2 kinds of fabric options in my new lot.

1. Japanese Non-selvedge 14 oz. 3x1 RHT multi-slub (Slub yarn with Ring slub), with pure synthetic indigo, singeing finishing.

2. Japanese Unsanforized selvedge denim 13.5 oz. 3x1 RHT slub yarn, double ring spun, pure indigo rope-dyed.

These two outstanding fabrics came directly from Okayama, the denim capital of Japan. after small set of testing on color shade , crocking test , shrinkage , and some minor test, I think these two denim fabrics can give you a maximum fun to wear and to break in.

I still want to add the el Clasico 13 oz. sanforized red selvedge that I used in my previous Lot. I called it fast-break because it fade kind of fast and really fun to break in, and I had saw a lot of faded pairs from my customers and it turn out really great in my opinion.

... from above, I still one more week to make a decision....

Edited by denimasa

It seem like Non-selvedge denim is a long lost friend in SUFU, and this dude seem to be appeared in a very basic form of mid-light weight denim with subtle ring slub.

I would like to bring this dude back and make it little serious on a mid-heavy side with full option in construction as selvedge denim. I hope I could bring this dude to a new era of non-selvedge denim.

hahaha , I agreed with you TooAwesome.

I guess some people might had a not so good experience with a non-selvedge denim. Thats why I have a plan to bring a non-selvedge to the next step and change their perception on a non-selvedge denim.

I love this jobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

Edited by denimasa

no ty lol pretty sure if its non selvedge, theres too much uncertainty of it being lower quality. i know selvedge isnt an indicator of quality but it seems its better than non selvedge in general

This really inspired me and give me a passion to do non-selvedge project. Now I really think about this, thank you so much TooAwesome for pointing out this essence.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear my friends and all supporters, I am so shame to inform you that new lot will be delay a bit...bit bit. Due to I decided to order a new fabric from KURABO for a non-selvedge denim, so it take sometime for fabric testing and ordering. I will show you some of testing results later, comparing between KURABO and KAIHARA that I didn't choose.

But for the selvedge series, I still use the same fabrics of previous lot because I have some faded pairs to show as a guide line.

And now we have to do more works due to one of our crew temporary leaving for family. Since our jeans are made only by our teammate and we never outsource our works, so there will be a bit delay on our production. Just hope everything will be ready that by this Christmas.

Here is one of our legendary pairs,

Fabric name : Ripe Raw Selvedge by DENIMASA

denim specification from documents : 13.5 oz ( normally stated as a post-wash weight) , so 13-13.25 oz. raw ( pre-wash) 100% cotton 3x1 RHT

Color shade : Dark Blue with slightly red tint.(red cast)

denimasa68_zps0de445a1.jpg

denimasa69_zps72d49de1.jpg

denimasa70_zpsda66d1f2.jpg

denimasa80_zps6b12e633.jpg

denimasa79_zps419358d2.jpg

Edited by denimasa

I put a bank note as a color indicator index, just to make sure you will see true color and contrast of denim if you can see the color of bank note in normal color.

denimasa85_zps192665d1.jpg

denimasa78_zpsf596d03c.jpg

denimasa76_zps48df0c40.jpg

denimasa74_zps8d433842.jpg

DENIMASA

Edited by denimasa

Who the hell is wearing these to get such outrageous wear out of them? All farmers/workers? Or is it just your climate? Either way beautiful jeans.

Edited by HGS

Who the hell is wearing these to get such outrageous wear out of them? All farmers/workers? Or is it just your climate? Either way beautiful jeans.

Hi HGS, They absolutely worn by workers and climate is one of the factor though. And also the fabric used in that pairs were build to fade a bit fast and give a sharp contrast than others. Thats why I named that fabric "Ripe Raw Selvedge" the raw that ripe and ready to fade.

What is going on with those fades? Why is the fabric getting pinched so hard so far up and down the leg?

What is going on with those fades? Why is the fabric getting pinched so hard so far up and down the leg?

Hi Kiya, I think its because of the body figure of the wearer and also the daily activities. Wearer has a big thigh and calf muscle, so I guess when he wear it very tight at knee and calf when he move and doing activities it will have a small folded line through out the leg.

I think this kind of fades will appeared when you wear a mid weight fabric that is not too thick but steady enough to form a thin folded line. But in heavier fabric it cannot form a thin folded line due to the thickness will kicking back the thin folded area.

Edited by denimasa

borrow this one is from my friend to take pictures. 4-5 months no wash , one soak.

He ask me to paint an old-gold color inside the arc on the back pocket. now it looks like an an old brass color when the blue color covering them.

This one looks way too basic compared to the super worn out one I posted before,

I notice that someone here dont like the super worn out pairs I posted before, so this just in case for someone want to see the very super basic faded pairs.

denimasa86_zps24c1e817.jpg

denimasa87_zps45e0e8d9.jpg

denimasa88_zpsfa3e10b9.jpg

denimasa90_zps85a7dba9.jpg