custom fees when ordering from apc in canada

gregory

Not APC specific, but a mailman told me that if it is over $20 you can get charged for it, but I think if they send it as a gift it can be up to $100 or something, I'm not enitrely sure.
in my experience companies are reluctant to mark things as low value gifts. Something to do with 'smuggling' laws ;)

Weird cause I ordered something from Yoox.com and they ship with UPS as well and there was no fee. Having to pay 50$ on top of everything is pretty ridiculous and there's gotta be an honest way around it.

Yoox has some sort of "special deal" with UPS. Not sure how they managed that.

Weird cause I ordered something from Yoox.com and they ship with UPS as well and there was no fee. Having to pay 50$ on top of everything is pretty ridiculous and there's gotta be an honest way around it.
you might get a bill later in the mail.

I ordered some boots from yoox and 2 months later I got a $20 bill from UPS. It didn't even say what it was for. I had to go match dates to figure it out.

so yeah. Fuck UPS.

The UPS guy also once told me that the faster (and more expensive) the shipping option you choose, the less the custom fee would be. That turned out to be true, however with APC the cheapest shipping option is 5$ and the 2nd cheapest is 30$ so it's a raw deal any way you go about it.

I think yoox somehow charges the customs when you buy from them.

when buying normally from out of the country you are required to pay customs, how they're handled depends on the courier. I dont know how it operates over there but UPS might charge you upon delivery or send a bill. the local postal service (USPS?) might forward it to customs where you have to pick it up and pay the charges.

before everyone was ordering from the apc site , they did indeed marked stuff as a gift.

this is coming from my friend that has ordered from them years before........now that when he request it, they refuse to.

so i guess its the number of online orders they are getting nowadays that they are reluctant to do so. why? i dont know.

also, if you are just ordering NS, might as well hit up TNT and support your local store. when everything is said and done, they come out to the same amount plus you get to try on your stuff and avoid the hassel of shipping......................as i understand the wait for products you ordered online, its really a pain in the ass ahaha

I emailed APC yesterday morning asking if they would consider marking an order to Canada as a gift and they didn't respond, they usually respond to emails really quickly so I'm guessing they just won't do that. How much are new standards at TNT anyways? Do you think they'd consider shipping to Montreal?