lets talk watches

poopie boy

Like I said, Traser looks like Marathon is their inspiration for their watches. They're not directly replicating and I can see how they're adding their own touches.

Here's a comparison:

Marathon WW194013

ww194013l.jpg

Traser P6500

P_6500_type6_det.jpg

In this case both are Swiss quartz and VERY similar. I've seen the Marathon WW194013 on watch forums selling for around $150 but it might be worth the extra $100 to save yourself the leg work. I'd love to see both in person...

i've compared them in person and beyond the dial, they're pretty different irl. the traser is heavier, and the lugs and case shape are different, the marathon has a much lower profile than the traser. but the real key difference is the bezel and it's placement on the case. the bezel on traser is textured and is much bulkier than the marathon. also, it covers almost the entire case, see how there's almost none of the case showing under the bezel.

but anyway, yeah. i want.

^ Yeah, I've yet to see one in person. Definitely no hate towards Traser it was more or less an observation. They've got plenty of solid reviews all over the watch forums.

I like that the Marathon's are a little more understated. To be honest I just kinda wanna see what the Tritium lighting looks like in the dark...

ww194003l.jpg

^ I have this one the general purpose manual wind. the tritium is very readable in the dark

I ordered directly from marathon. they were really easy to work with

do you merely need to send them an email ? how much ? i feel like getting one.

This is wild, 1940's Abercrombie & Fitch chrono

abercrombie-fitch_autograph_vintage_heuer_chronograph.jpg

Heuer swiss movement...

http://www.farfo.com/menswatches/Page1/abercrombie-fitch_autograph_vintage_heuer_chronograph.html

that's sweet.

A&F use to be a great outdoor company before they went where they are today.

Thank you, Dchill. will check them out. What about leather watch bands? Any recommendations? Thank you!

no problem, I haven't come across any leather straps that have caught my eye but if I do I'll let you know.

my next watch just may be....

at331010.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

I like Tsovet. They'd be even more awesome if they had mechanical mov'ts but I still think they're really attractive looking watches. Good everyday beater.

Guy in the recent purchases thread mentioned Lum-Tec. Not Swiss but Automatic and very Tsovet-esque.

http://www.lum-tec.com/ (website's a little janky)

THIS MODEL IS SOLD OUT

:(

While the Marathon's sold out...their selection of O&W is pretty awesome. Good prices too. Too many options...I'll never be able to settle on a next watch...

Howard from wct is a great guy, very helpful and has a ton of great vintage stuff that's not always on the web.

edit - i mean that's not always posted on his website. so if you're looking for an old O&W or airmain or something, e-mail him and ask even if it's not on the site.

I agree it is a bit expensive but what I like about it is the black on black plus the simplistic style of it as well. Kinda like my u-boat (a couple of pages back). I'm not too concerned with the visibility at night thing either.