superconfessional

fuck manson.

radiohead is going down as the last big group

that didnt blow.

radiohead, in my opinion, don't qualify as rock stars.

they're definitely big, and definitely deserve uh... some of their acclaim...

but what i'm talking about here is the tradition of gigantic musical/cultural

forces that sweep everything up and spit it out as they conquer the globe,

piss off parents, and scare little children.

honestly, people really love radiohead? it always escapes my understanding.

i only think kid a and amnesiac are worth listening to. the mopey musings

of ok computer just bore me to death, i can't enjoy it at all.

EDIT: as far as the pumpkins, you're completely right.

and man, a lot of people disliked it, but i thought machina was great for a

"i'm running out of ideas, one last hurrah!" sort of record. and then they

wowed me with the number of good songs on machina II, all of which i wish

were proper studio recordings and not half-audible bullshit.

this is where we differ my comrade

ive always just felt straight up uncomfortable listening to pumpkins

and they are my best friends favorite band, i find myself sitting through

alot of billy corgans best and i cant find myself enjoying it at all

something about his vocal quality sets me off

and blinking with fists was fucking horrendous.

i dont really think radiohead really stood as beacon for any sort of cultural

zenith or anyshit like that. but if the world ends in 2012, i think they will be well remembered by the surviving radioactive mutant population.

but if the world ends in 2012, i think they will be well remembered by the surviving radioactive mutant population.

you mean, when the world ends in 2012. :(

what're radiohead up to these days, by the by?

you mean, when the world ends in 2012. :(

what're radiohead up to these days, by the by?

working on their new album as confirmed by the guitar tech, plank, and it is looking for a late 07, early 08 release. apparently, their kicking out the jams and bringing in old old synthesizers and a lot of archaic equipment, but keeping the guitars up front. we'll see.

radiohead will go down in history as the perfect psychological band. their music just embodies every sense of the psychological catalogue in terms of aesthetic, sound, texture, appeal, etc. etc.

regardless, radiohead are mah steeez

not to be completely riding omc's cock or anything, but marilyn manson are kickass hardrock...while i listen to radiohead more frequently, manson is one of the only bands to succesfully continue putting out rock that doesn't suck ass, get me pumped for absolutely anything, and cover a song from the 80s without making it sounds like cottage cheese dick.

completely in a class of his own for the genre in which he produces.

the eraser bothered me on so many levels, too, corbin....

did you hear jonny greenwood's solo guitar work? he's also

done a dub compilation that was very well edited, i forget what

it was called exactly...

the eraser bothered me on so many levels, too, corbin....

did you hear jonny greenwood's solo guitar work? he's also

done a dub compilation that was very well edited, i forget what

it was called exactly...

Johnny Greenwood is: Controller

its amazing. its just such a great comp of these off-kilter dub songs. the kind of stuff that you knew was what the culture was really like, not all happy and nappy like marley or anything, but just like, dark and brooding. "Panta" by Lee "Scratch" Perry is one of the scariest songs on there in terms of sheer dubness.

his solo guitar work is mostly just ambient stuff. i never downloaded any, but im sure i could.. i mean. of course i could. but right now im listening to smashing pumpkins, trying to convince myself it might be worth seeing them for the sake of the ridiculously hot bassist.

ive been debating the other guitarists gender for years

james iha or whatever his name is.

well, he's not in the pumpkins anymore. he didnt sign on with billy this time around. so whatevs. he's a dude, and he used to model. i know that much.

but for serious, the bassist this time around is gorgeous.

ginger reyes.

i just woke up from a nap, equipped with the most awkward dream where i made out with a certain sufu member whom i have never even spoke to.

i should stop reading sufu before i fall asleep.

Guest jmatsu
i just woke up from a nap, equipped with the most awkward dream where i made out with a certain sufu member whom i have never even spoke to.

i should stop reading sufu before i fall asleep.

who was it? the odds are 50/50. either neg or pos rep.

Over the last week I fell for a girl that I've known for years but haven't been able to be with since she was dating another guy for the past three.

She broke up with him, and started leading me on the very same day (the 4th of July). We went out to eat, watched many scary movies, and fooled around for the next three days, and I'll admit, I fell for her -- and it seemed she had done the same for me.

Then this past Saturday rolled around and she said that she didn't want to hang out because she was having a bad day because she missed her ex. Naturally, this freaked me out a bit, and I started wondering if she was just using me to fill the void of her old relationship. However, while watching Live Free or Die Hard at the theaters Sunday night, my fears were quelled when she texted me saying, "I'm sorry about yesterday, let's hang out soon. Didn't mean to ignore you, my phone is broken".

She worked all day Monday, and I already had plans, but we made tentative plans for Tuesday night just a couple hours ago. About thirty minutes after I got off the phone with her, I get a text saying, "I can't be with you, I'm sorry".

So long story short, I got dumped over text message after a 4-day fling.

I feel kind of shitty, because I genuinely liked her, but I realize it was only a 4-day thing we had.

So what do I do?!?

i saw marilyn manson like, 5 or 6 years ago and it was awesome, he had this giant crucifix made out of rifles behind him, it was pretty epic

and insomaniac, im sorry, i know i have that certain je ne sais quois, it just kind of happens

ps, im drunk and dont speak french

Over the last week I fell for a girl that I've known for years but haven't been able to be with since she was dating another guy for the past three.

She broke up with him, and started leading me on the very same day (the 4th of July). We went out to eat, watched many scary movies, and fooled around for the next three days, and I'll admit, I fell for her -- and it seemed she had done the same for me.

Then this past Saturday rolled around and she said that she didn't want to hang out because she was having a bad day because she missed her ex. Naturally, this freaked me out a bit, and I started wondering if she was just using me to fill the void of her old relationship. However, while watching Live Free or Die Hard at the theaters Sunday night, my fears were quelled when she texted me saying, "I'm sorry about yesterday, let's hang out soon. Didn't mean to ignore you, my phone is broken".

She worked all day Monday, and I already had plans, but we made tentative plans for Tuesday night just a couple hours ago. About thirty minutes after I got off the phone with her, I get a text saying, "I can't be with you, I'm sorry".

So long story short, I got dumped over text message after a 4-day fling.

I feel kind of shitty, because I genuinely liked her, but I realize it was only a 4-day thing we had.

So what do I do?!?

Ever heard of rebound relationships or did you grow up on a deserted island and the birds of paradise didn't have those?

money,power and respect. good words to live by.

Today was bonus day for Wall Street firm analysts and I was also promoted. I'm not gonna say how much I received but I work for a tier one bank. Anyways, I've decided clothes really aren't important to me anymore as long as I look decent. Now I just want power and money. I'll probably be spending less and less time on this board since my new goals aren't really in line w/ most posters anymore...Anyways, thanks for everything SF!

BonusBumper%206.12.07.JPG

Ever heard of rebound relationships or did you grow up on a deserted island and the birds of paradise didn't have those?

Oh, I'm definitely aware that those exist, but I honestly didn't think this was one of them, for whatever reason. In any case, I'm over it now, and I'll try not to be so stupid next time since I clearly got caught this time around.

money,power and respect. good words to live by.

true. except it's hard to respect someone who feels the need to brag about their (supposed) income on the internet

"i'm not so crude as to say how much my bonus was--- so i'll just post the figure in a table."

dumbass.

hard to believe someone with that level of insecurity and crass stupidity will amount to much in the way of being a powerbroker. unless of course he goes into politics, in which case he could go all the way to the top

it's not really a confession because i'm not ashamed and defend this opinion of mine fervently, but marilyn manson were the last greatest rock band, to date. unless this general pussification of music ends, they'll go down in history as the last greatest rock band, period. from all the controversy to the sheer amount of teenage wastoids they managed to rally together in the 90s, there isn't another band within the last 10 years

that can claim their title.

'cake & sodomy' is such a good fucking song.

I can't let this happen.

I must start a rock band tomorrow.

true. except it's hard to respect someone who feels the need to brag about their (supposed) income on the internet

resubmitted without comment

but hey, he posted some slick fits featuring all the right labels, so it's cool, right?

edit: i actually don't give a shit about marilyn manson either way

i think if you strip away the shock, the controversy, the pimple-covered fanbase of mall rats, and all the pretenses, they released a solid 4 albums-worth of unassailable rock music that stood pretty far above whatever else was going on around them- nu-metal, post-grunge fratboy tunes, boy-bands & teen girls, etc.

but then twiggy ramirez quit the band and everything went to shit.

RBW: my post was basically an attempt to get you off your ass and into the recording studio. do a few lines off of a hooker's tit and get to work.

i think if you strip away the shock, the controversy, the pimple-covered fanbase of mall rats, and all the pretenses, they released a solid 4 albums-worth of unassailable rock music that stood pretty far above whatever else was going on around them- nu-metal, post-grunge fratboy tunes, boy-bands & teen girls, etc.

but then twiggy ramirez quit the band and everything went to shit.

RBW: my post was basically an attempt to get you off your ass and into the recording studio. do a few lines off of a hooker's tit and get to work.

I'll agree that they had some really great albums, but as far as being above everything else around them, I'll have to disagree slightly. I really think that Nine Inch Nails trumps MM. I know they're not exactly the same kind of music, but both groups share the similar industrial-rock undertone in a large portion of their songs, and I quite frankly think that NIN is, album for album, a better quality band, and certainly one that has made a bigger, longer lasting impact on music.

Not to mention MM's best album (In my opinion) was produced by Reznor.

I have to say though, it's good to see someone who can see past all the shit surrounding Manson. The guy really is a talented musician and performer.