Christian Dior HC F/W 12 - Paris (Raf Simons debut)

bill

Anyone who doesn't think this is good has lost their mind. There's a video on page 9 or 10 of the fashionspot thread, seeing it in motion sealed the deal for me. It really sets the tone for what Dior will look like under Raf.

Edited by Young Bro

I think this is superb, kinda bums me out his label didn't receive the level of attention from raf this did. Really is totally elegant, must have done a ton of work studying up on dior before he dove into the collection. Big +++ for using aphex twin on the soundtrack too.

I have been waiting a long long long time for this sort of collection to appear in Haute Couture. Raf basically fixated Dior into the post- modern era with this collection.

The combination of pants and dress, colours and highly textured fabrics is really forward looking for haute couture. For a house that has been churning out long expired looks with the likes of john galliano and gianfranco ferre this is a huge step forward...

Anyone who doesn't think this is good has lost their mind. There's a video on page 9 or 10 of the fashionspot thread, seeing it in motion sealed the deal for me. It really sets the tone for what Dior will look like under Raf.

The guy picked some cool pieces from the Dior HC early back catalogue and made it modern by tackling ugly makeup (well the stylist did) -a superb commentary on the modern state of beauty like we have come to expect from the wonderful intellectual world of fashion -, at this point I guess anyone who has a halfway decent tumbler can claim to be a creative genius on par with Raf. The pieces are nice btw but HC is a showcase for a fashion house skill, world and innovative approach. WTF is this saying to you? We used to be good? We know all about ugly makeup?