Difference bet. Redmoon & Studio d'artisan wallets?

emaze

Just picked up a Studio d'artisan wallet from Blue & Green. (NYC)

It looks like the Redmoon HR-01 models... anyone know the differences?

Besides the name and logos...

And how much do the redmoon wallets go for (HR-01)

The SDA was $184.00

frontwallet680ke4.jpg

openwallet680wa5.jpg

What's the difference in leather?

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed before I bought this...(didn't see one) I would of liked to have the option of attaching a braid/chain.

I heard that those grommets can be added by any leatherworker though...

I heard that those grommets can be added by any leatherworker though...

yes this is true. i think the size of the RM and the SDA are more or less comparable i think- maybe the RM is a tad bit bigger. it is of course going to be thicker- but will flatten out after use. oh and RM's come stiff new, unlike the SDA.

the wildswans wallet is kinda a different breed entirely. the RM style wallet is kinda a rugged worker/biker wallet while the wildswans is more clean/elegant. i've never seen an aged saddle leather wildswans- i have a dark chocolate wildswans wallet. the leather is amazing though and i love the subtle curve of the wallet that makes it very "handy". very satisified with it, especially at the price i paid for it :)

what's good miz? I'm quite happy with the SDA wallet... but still wouldn't mind getting a redmoon. I'm going to China and Hong Kong in Aug for 3 weeks, do you know if I could get red moon stuff in HK? (also looking for pure blue out there too)

hey miz,

where'd you buy the leather? i'll be back home in nyc in a couple of weeks so i'd like to try and buy some for a project of my own.

there are a couple leather stores in new york, but most require you to buy whole hides or double shoulders. i found a place that will sell you small to large pieces. on 27th street between 6th and 7th on the south side of the street.

emaze, i sent you a pm. what are you looking for in pbj? BiG has most of their whole lineup except for the women's stuff. if you can, try taking a look at wildswans, when i go to japan, i'm definitely gonna pick them up (unless BiG gets them first).