Shampoo / Hair Care Products

Currently use herbal essence. For styling I use Spice Sisters. Almost all the stylists/salons in Japan use this brand; its very good and superior in hold and giving a natural look; much better than Gatsby, Nudy, and Gerand.

http://www.arimino.co.jp/spice.htm

Since my hair is extremely thick and dark, its difficult for my hair to have shape/definition without getting it thinned every 3-4 weeks. Once its thinned though, I use Spice Sister since it seems to have the best water/base mix. Straight gel looks unnatural and straight wax doesn't provide enough hold for those summer days. For guys who have really thick hair like mine, I'd also recommend getting your hair colored slightly lighter to give it better definition.

being a girl sucks. i hate doing all my hair stuff

well, I'm a guy and my head looks dumb shaved so I need to keep somewhat long hair, and if I dont do anything to it looks like a disaster, so its not only a girls problem.

if you have thick unruly hair, i reccomend using Kiehl's Creme w/ Silk Groom.

this stuff has been my miracle product for the longest time. i have thick asian hair that sometimes gets dull and dry, but about a dime size dab of this stuff right after i wash my hair smooths everything out and weighs it down a bit so its more manageable. it makes it nice and soft and shiny. plus it feels like you dont have anything in your hair once its been absorbed and your hair is dry.

i'm sure this would work well on people with thick, frizzy curls

Awesome sbbbjm. Anyone know of cheaper brands that could do the same???? lol ^_^

djrajio - do you know where I can purchase Spice hair products online or in the USA?

Which Spice Sisters wax do you use? hard wax? freeze wax? What kind of hairstyle do you have?

I have very straight and thick asian hair too and the best product I've tried so far is American Crew Fiber and Gatsby Clay. They're not too grease yet hold pretty well.

thanks!

djrajio - do you know where I can purchase Spice hair products online or in the USA?

Which Spice Sisters wax do you use? hard wax? freeze wax? What kind of hairstyle do you have?

I have very straight and thick asian hair too and the best product I've tried so far is American Crew Fiber and Gatsby Clay. They're not too grease yet hold pretty well.

thanks!

I think Mitsuya on the west coast should have it. I dunno of any place in NYC area though, perhaps Miznation would know? U could try Hair Mates on Astor Place/14th street; they might know. I use both hard wax and freeze wax depending on the way I wanna style my hair. What I like about the products is that they smell very good too.

• 7 months later...
you guys aren't ready for the hotness. just kidding, but seriously.

maybe later

YOU MEAN...

MAYBE LATER YOU'LL TURN INTO A WOMAN TO POST IN WAYWT?!!!

actually i found this...

DSCF5021.jpg

white trash homecoming party. im in the black dress in the front.

aaand im not really pregnant....

lol preggoes.

Not necessarily; it is vastly recommended that you do not wash your hair with products more than every OTHER day at a minimum. Shampoos strip your hair of essential oils and minerals in addition to the dirt and grime that accumulates. That is why your hair needs time to naturally replenish itself. Washing your hair 2-4 times a week is what you should be doing. Once may be a little extreme, but that depends on whether or not you workout/sweat, etc.

I wash (shampoo) my hair when I wake up, after I get home, and before I go to bed.

If I don't do it, I get this feeling of something on my scalp, and it irritates the hell out of me. It's those damn essential oils and minerals.

What should I do?