what were you wearing 10 years ago?

greentea

you people were babies back then! I was about 20.

I had carpenter trousers, carhartt stuff, CAT boots, orange overalls.

long hair.

mountain bikes...

Actually in 96-97 I moved to bright orange dress shirts like Nicolas Cage in 'Leaving Las Vegas' and skinny black trousers, and 'power ties' like Ralph Fiennes in 'Strange Days' and also Mao collared black vests with white shirts and the collar sticking out! haha. erm.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of vintage stuff. Pretty simple tees and lots of velour and sweaters. No jeans at all. The loudest plaidest vintage pants I could buy. I was known as the guy with the pants. Hiking boots. Big m-f-ing hiking boots that could take step in crampons. Shit for actual ice climbing though. Technical goretex jacket. I was a rock/ice climbing instructor/college student. Had to maintain my hard core outdoor edge while still having fun with vintage clothes. Very long hair. Hand rolled smokes, clove when I could get loose clove tobacco. Zippo.

10 years on the hair remains but most everything else has faded away.

I was 13 in 1980.

That being said;

Early Eighties: Engineer Boots, ripped up Levis, T-shirt with Winstons rolled up in the sleeve, black motorcycle jacket and a big-ass greaser pompadour.

Late Eighties: Same clothes add some leather and chrome accessories, bleached spikes.

Early Nineties: Doc Marten 10- holes, ripped up Levis, T-shirt, beat up jeans jacket with sleeves cut off and iron cross patch on back over black motorcycle jacket, mid-back length rocker hair.

Late Nineties: Docs, Levis and Diesel jeans, T-shirts, assorted leathers and beer delivery driver jackets, back to the spikes but no bleach.

I would have been 19 .. so for me it was ..

Polo, Guess, and Tommy Jeans and Chinos

Slim Vintage and Band Tees

Vintage Westerns

Kenneth Cole for dressed up

All Stars,Shell Toes, Jordans, Kenneth Cole, Dr. Martens Boots

This Camel Cigs Hat that came with a 3 pack

Way to much cologn

and a really big chip onmy shoulder

I think if you were in your late teens in the early to mid 90's that the chip on your shoulder just kinda came with the times. Grunge rock, Gansta Rap, the media made me angry. Joking.

I'm wearing some old evisus ( 7 y.o, real deal no 2) right now that feel much like the levis I had 10 years ago.\

I have swiss combat boots now.

10 years ago it was $10 jungle boots.

only difference is I have a tanktop on now and then I had a checkered lumberjack shirt.

Nothing and everything has changed.

Good thread.

Made me think.

Back in the days... I used to have a steep tech, costed me only 275 when Paragon had that enourmous sale. An arsenal of polo sport, polo, tommy hilfiger, some jordans, tims, nike running. And dont forget patches, patches on my polo cap and nautica cap with the long brim. And you cant leave out the north face mountain packs (FIRE). tucking your jeans into you tims and vests POOFY vests haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Like I dunno 8 years ago..? I got my first Japanese fetish..

the Japanese exchange students at high school and uni always had the dopest shit by far,, they were on another whole level..always envied their shit..

Anyway in about 98 I was studying Japanese at uni and hit the Japanese book store in sydney, grabbed Street Jack and went from there...got Japanese buddies to hook me up from the PX ads in the back, made it over there as soon as I could to buy more shit. By mid 98, I was immitating the street snaps from the mag, so around 8 years back I was prolly wearing gramicci climbing shorts, a bathing ape border long sleeve, nike air mocs and a gregory day and a half pack..or vintage jeans ('80s, couldnt afford the real shit), air max 97s and a bathing ape sweat or tee and in winter my US Army ECWCs goretex camo parka, just like the J-kids rocked..when I found w)taps a couple of years later it started a whole new bunch of shit..

before that? baggy silver tab levis, starter yankees cap, baggy cargo pants, crappy shoes, eastpack backpack and oversize blank generic tees...haha..I think I was trying too hard to do a casper impression...

Tommy Hilfiger/Polo/Nautica

Wild colored Guess jean shorts

Starter jackets in the winter

Flannel shirts

Nikes/Jordans

Anyone remember those t-shirts with Bugs Bunny and the Tazmanian Devil dressed in Kriss Kross style gear? I used to rock that shit hard hahaha

yo.. i still wear the bugs bunny basketball tee. i've had it since '92. shit is HOT