Superfuture Movie Club

jackg

I think subtitles need to be added here, jack. the one in the folder seems to be just in italian. i tried adding some yesterday but i couldn't get them to sync throughout the whole movie.  

sorry! the file in there now should do the trick. 

This movie came out of nowhere. I recently saw it on HBO and was really impressed by it. It stars Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan. Zoe Kazan wrote it. She's a special talent. Can't wait to see what she does next. 

Edited by coldcreep

This movie came out of nowhere. I recently saw it on HBO and was really impressed by it. It stars Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan. Zoe Kazan wrote it. She's a special talent. Can't wait to see what she does next. 

are you suggesting we watch this or....have you stumbled across the wrong thread??

Seeing The Great Beauty at the Varsity in Seattle on Monday. Excited to find a screening in the area, I wasn't sure if a theater would pick it up.

I've been thinking about "The Great Beauty" since I saw it Monday, and there's a ton to think about. Has anyone else had the chance to watch and wants to discuss?

For being 2 and a half hours long, the film has very little fat; every scene returned to the theme. The shots are very beautiful and camera movement very elegant. The minimalist opera and EDM balanced each other out, while lending a unique tone. Plus I enjoyed Sorrentino's many references to the great writers, film makers, and poets who came before. At least that is my reaction to how I think I reacted when I watched it almost a week ago. I'll have to watch it again to see what I actually think.

incoming film: 

which i just watched and loved!

after this one, we need more community input and less of me running it. Rio Brava was suggested which looks like a good change of pace also open to anyone else who wants to run it for a bit or suggest films! 

no, please seeldog, if jack wants a rest i was going to say for you to go. it is not so much about contemporary cinema or whatever.. just up a movie you think ppl would like. 

but, i think i am set up, thanks guys. so is this the platform all our movies will be on now? can i unsubscribe from the movie club and join the classical music one? 

• 3 weeks later...

incoming film:

which i just watched and loved!

after this one, we need more community input and less of me running it. Rio Brava was suggested which looks like a good change of pace also open to anyone else who wants to run it for a bit or suggest films! 

Watched this last night Jack, it was fantastic. Thanks for uploading it Jack.

Edited by seeldog47

• 2 weeks later...

no, please seeldog, if jack wants a rest i was going to say for you to go. it is not so much about contemporary cinema or whatever.. just up a movie you think ppl would like. 

but, i think i am set up, thanks guys. so is this the platform all our movies will be on now? can i unsubscribe from the movie club and join the classical music one? 

super belated response. I think it might be a bit easier just with the numbers, and then people can pick and choose if they wish to download the specific film or not??

But whatever works best for everyone involved is good with me. 

Suggestions on what next? ^ High and Low would be great. I am happy to put it up via torrent sync?

yeah that was me, the dropbox invitation never work out. I'm uploading it right now

super belated response. I think it might be a bit easier just with the numbers, and then people can pick and choose if they wish to download the specific film or not??

But whatever works best for everyone involved is good with me. 

Suggestions on what next? ^ High and Low would be great. I am happy to put it up via torrent sync?

Torrent sync doesn't allow you to choose want to download. Also anyone has the ability to upload files - all you have to do is drag the file you want to share into the synced folder.

Edited by seeldog47