best waywt pics

this conversation is fucking stupid

So don't get involved?

we all wish it wasn't hype but unfortunately it has become hype. An example is the kids are fiending for the button ups from preme... and in some ways it's us 'older' folks' is fault (aside from the general trend in fashion)... as our tastes evolved so did the wdywt... kids noticed and then that became the norm... yadda yadda yadda fuckin 3rrrrrrrrrrrd espresso.

Yes yes grown-up style is definitely a hype currently, but any change (that being from the ultra-casualness of the 90s until recently) is bound to become a hype phenomenon when kids (like me) and other laymans have access to the internet.

Seven.homme's pic illustrates my point - if that kid were from back in the past he would blend in completely. It's just compared to how casually people have been dressing lately, anything remotely 'dressy' looks like a costume, especially on younger people.

Nah I'll get involved. This is an argument with a 40 year old man about how too many people wear collared shirts. I agree that the railroad shit is getting carried away, but we've had these "good old days" conversations enough times already.

Nah I'll get involved. This is an argument with a 40 year old man about how too many people wear collared shirts. I agree that the railroad shit is getting carried away, but we've had these "good old days" conversations enough times already.

You don't think wearing untucked button-ups in casual "street" and heritage outfits is a trend? He has a point...

Got nothing to do with 'good old days' and I wasn't arguing.

but yeah, kinda bored this evening...

You don't think wearing untucked button-ups in casual "street" and heritage outfits is a trend? He has a point...

Not entirely. The heritage shit sure, but beyond that who cares if it is a trend? There are lots of trends that wax and wane over the years and you can track a lot of them on this site. I don't think Rick dunks will be here forever but they're fun while they are. Do 90% of these trendsters look like shot? Probably, but most streetwear goons look like shit too, so broad sweeping statements about one aesthetic's merits over another are usually just as silly as the trends they critique.

Edit - 78 seems to think I'm whining. In reality I just think he's kindof a confused old person.

Edit - 78 seems to think I'm whining. In reality I just think he's kindof a confused old person.

In reality. woah. like outside of this forum and the interwebs.

woahhhh

easy there tiger.