worst (sufu) waywt fits

I took a look at the superdenim waywt thread...because I never have. It was a mistake. Within 3 pages I wrote down some viewing notes, as if I were reviewing a particularly bad movie on an Air India flight, and then just shut it down.

Without trying to be cruel(as my comments were), I just have to say: why do these guys look so awkward? If the fit is "great" and all, why so goddamn uncomfortable? I wear some shit that's physically uncomfortable sometimes, but I never LOOK uncomfortable...I think that's when you have to realize that hey, you are not pulling this shit off so you might as well stop. I was going to post my comments but...the hate is a bit too palpable I think, for a wednesday morning.

no... please hate. ive wondered sometimes how people can look so uncomfortable in a tee and jeans. i also think denim waywt can look like a costume party sometimes, and everyone just happened to dress up as a mid century laborer.

i actually work in construction, in the field, so thats my excuse.

no... please hate. ive wondered sometimes how people can look so uncomfortable in a tee and jeans. i also think denim waywt can look like a costume party sometimes, and everyone just happened to dress up as a mid century laborer.

i actually work in construction, in the field, so thats my excuse.

I should clarify that there's definitely guys that pull it off really well. My only real qualm with that particular WAYWT thread is that nobody hates on anybody. It's like a tea party with denim, and frankly some of those looks need to be hated on, just like in the supertrash version. Hell, I got hated on quite a bit, and still do. That's healthy. Posting a terrible look and having people say they love it out of polite gentility is not healthy, which is in keeping with the general consensus in THIS thread.

Pavlov: stuntastic is a dad who rocks pomade and a particular look that works on him. He is obviously comfortable with who he is and what he's wearing. Maybe it's not a limited edition americana piece from a GAP x colette x self edge chambray SS09 collection, but it still looks good on him. This doesn't belong in worst in my opinion regardless of your e-beef.

Stunt is one of my favorite posters simply because he pulls off whatever look he goes for. The hair itself is awesome in it's purest form.

seriously, his hair is fuckin' godly. I wish I could pull off that look, but the one time I used pomade, my girl said I looked like an effeminate yakuza.

I think I agree with this to a certain extent. Constructive criticism is always welcome, but the Denim WAYWT folk are just a merry bunch. I do think we could spare to give more critique in some cases though, myself included.

EDIT:

Stunt is one of my favorite posters simply because he pulls off whatever look he goes for. The hair itself is awesome in it's purest form.

stunt has been a favorite of mine ever since he posted a pic of his supreme dunks under about a foot of water.

I just have to say: why do these guys look so awkward? If the fit is "great" and all, why so goddamn uncomfortable?

There's this odd notion going on in the superdenim forum that sends people in the wrong direction.

Posters are being told to size down on the waist of their jeans to accomodate for stretch, to not wash the starch out and some don't even shrink them all the way because they wont fit.

Posters are sizing their shirts based on how long they are and how fitted they will be in the body and shit.

Posters are buying boots too small/not wearing boot socks and trying to break them in.

They don't realize they're buying everything in the wrong size. I mean once your clothes break all the way in they should be comfortable, they shouldn't become wearable at that point IMO.

The best posters in superdenim with the highest rep buy everything in the right size, and have good taste of course.

The funny thing is...

I'm the only person who gave you constructive criticism. Yet, you curl up in fetus mode and get on the defensive, and who's only attack towards my outfit is... What? What's wrong with it? Proportions? The fact that it's not an Iron Heart flannel? That I'm not going for Americana with a knit beanie or a vest with leather yolk and trim? I don't have Vibram soles? Which one is it?

why do these guys look so awkward? If the fit is "great" and all, why so goddamn uncomfortable?

Because they are trying to buy confidence and that never ever ever ever ever works. ever.

Side Note: Most of these people would better serve themselves by taking that $300 they were going to drop on a single chambray shirt and buying a gym membership instead. Skinny fat is not a good look (neither is fat fat).

Also, does an outfit need to be groundbreaking to be good? I'd like to feel that I'm not alone thinking that something "extremely basic" can be, and many times is, one of the best looking outfits possible.

nah I think extremely basic can look great. Again, it's like everyone has been saying though - you gotta wear the clothes, not the other way around.

I think catchusforthefoxes is right too - people are sizing wrong and that just makes them look really stupid a lot of times.

Pavlov man...his fits work really well. Yours did not. Your shirt was fit to bursting. You were rocking the Americana like you just had sex with a J. Crew catalogue. The things that worked with stunt's fit did not work with yours, that's all.

The guy can talk shit because he dresses well, because he understands his body type and frankly because his hair is like vidal sassoon got into a street fight with pantene pro V on top of his head.

Just check your fits before you post and stop writing like you're hip hop, seriously. It's really, really annoying. I'm not hating on you man, I'm just trying to give you some advice.

To be fair, yours are always innocuous. But if you not posting your fitpics somehow stopped the infinite flood of less well executed clones, it would be a worthwhile sacrifice.

Signal to noise ratio in those threads are ridiculous.

I'm sayin, the shit he commenting on aint far off from what he's wearing.

'ey man, you ain't got a girlfriend do you? cause i know if you be gettin' some, you'd just be chillin' and hi-5in stunt thru the internet.

i can tell these things brah, totally mang.

\\ hi-5 stunt, yo' hair is stuntastic.

So here it is - new key rein, with the ring on the "wrong" side, so that it fits my lanyard. I opted for green and white beads ans tassels, but I wasn't sure if that's not too much. Still not sure, maybe I'll cut them off one day. But once again, great craftmanship!

sany0741c.jpg

sany0738.jpg

sany0739.jpg

sany0740.jpg

what is this crap?

what is this crap?

its a leather wallet chain of course. i remember back when people were first talking about red moon wallets on here, and i thought to myself "i want one of those"

then i realized that they look fucking horrible, and you have to be japanese in japan to pull it off.