style guide

i'm making a guide on what concerns the styles of the people here:

1. fashion must-haves

2. your current style or look

3. fashion dont's

4. what should be in a man's closet

5. favorite brands

MiNE:

1. jeans,slim shirts and tees,nice jackets and belts,sneakers,havaianas and a nice suit

2. my style is kinda rock-inspired with a touch of urban cool

3. for me, being overdressed and too tacky is a no-no.people with flipped collars or too much accesories is not a very good fashion statement.

4. good shirts and jeans,vintage sneakers and tees and a trendy jacket

5. trovata,diesel,replay,dior homme,marc jacobs,boss orange and boss green,lacoste,a.p.c,paul smith,juicy couture,morphine generation,etc.

1- Jeans distressed by oneself, a suit.

2- Casual , fitted though.

3- Anything overdesigned, eg, polos with distressing, patches, prints over prints, and ugly things like a shirt with tails being worn un tucked. I dont like seeing sunglasses in the wrong context, e.g. oakleys with a suit. Polyester.

4- see 1, and black and brown shoes

5- APC, howies, jones's bootmaker, next, gap, AA, carhartt, stussy, allsorts, and diesel sometimes. oh, and imperials, mmmmmmm.

A popped collar serves me well when outdoors...during a round of golf it will keep the sun off you neck and prevent cancer. I fully admit I still think it looks cool. I think sometime fashion trends forget the nexus of certain things and the functionality from which they came from.

A popped collar serves me well when outdoors...during a round of golf it will keep the sun off you neck and prevent cancer. I fully admit I still think it looks cool. I think sometime fashion trends forget the nexus of certain things and the functionality from which they came from.

completely agreed. Seems like some people ruined it for the rest of us...

As for the poll:

1) Socks, sunglasses, underwear. Come to think of it, underwear is optional.

Actually, the only fashion must-haves I can think of are soap and a razor, other than that I can think of people who can pull off almost any look. My personal must-haves are jeans, v-neck sweater and a blazer.

2) Creative anachronism.

3) Pleated pants, or tucking things in when they shouldn't be.

4) A good suit, a few casual blazers and a nice pair of shoes in brown and black. No matter what your style is, you need to be able to dress for an occasion.

5) Ben Sherman, Modern Amusement. I really like some Trovata stuff recently too.

I got a Bedale at the thrift store last year and paid 12 bucks for it. At the time I was going through a divorce and it was summer so....eeek, I sold it. Got $125 bucks for it but damn I wish I would of kept it now. It still had the little Barbour badge on the collar. Oh the shame....I now vow to replace it before fall with any luck.

My 20 streetwear essentials :

1.Classic sneakers (converse all star, adidas superstar or samba, Puma roma etc.) in basic colors (white, black)

2.Classic slip-ons in basic colors

3.Pair of go-to boots that goes well with jeans

4.everyday pair of slim, dry, straight leg jeans, more or less inspired by the 501 cut, those look good cuffed imho

5.more rockerish pair of slim, tapered denim, dry or distressed

6.pair of black jeans, with a cut on the slim to very slim side, for variety and to match with tops that look better with black

7.rocker belt with an “ornery†design

8.nice belt with a classic, plainer design, preferably brown

9.Set of great fitting tees, including v-necks in basic colors + a few wilder ones you like

10.Set of graphic tees with designs that fit your aesthetic (please no skulls with snakes and daggers, that’s too much of a good thing)

11.a couple of plain hoodies in basic colors (black, charcoal, grey, brown, khaki, etc.)

12.at least one “flashier†or more distinctive hoodie (with graphic, special detailing, etc.)

13.slim fitting dress shirts in basic colors (at least black and white)

14.one sweater that goes well with the rest of your wardrobe (i.e. no j-crew with your goth rocker outfit)

15.at least one slim tie (rep, black, dots, leather)

16.tailored slim black blazer 1-2B, single or double vented, can be short

17.tailored slim back dressier blazer (peaked label, probably 1B, velvet or tux)

18.Rugged wool coat (militarish, pea coat, etc)

19.Leather jacket, everybody needs a perfect leather jacket and everyone’s Holy Grail is different. This takes a lot of snooping as it could be a thrift store or high fashion find.

20.Jeans jacket, I think this is a must but I actually like denim tuxedos so your mileage may vary, I especially like dry denim ones

1. fashion must-haves

3. fashion dont's

5. favorite brands

1. Hmmm my fashion must haves seem to be a bit different.....a pair of fresh nikes or vans oh and cant forget a pair of chucks. A pair of dry straight denim and a pair of washed denim. Zip up hoodies in lots of colors, great fitting t shirts, camo BDU's cut off. A great pair of glasses, a great watch. Cool looking belt. A dope hat never did anyone wrong either. My skateboard is a must have. Some slim dress shirts and great lace ups too.

2.My current style of look? Well its almost too hard to say. I like a little bit of everything, A lot of street wear inspired shit but i love the slim dior look even though its not really fitting to my body type. Needless to say i guess im a bit of a street wear/rocker. I dont really like to try and hold myslef to one set of rules. Everything goes as long as its something i like.

3. Trying too hard and dressing for others. If you arent dressing in things that make you feel comfortable then get the fuck out of those clothes. You should dress for yourself not anybody else.

4. jeans, sweatshirts. oxfords, chucks, a great slim suit, great leather lace ups, amazing glasses, a pair of sneakers and t shirts that not only fit well but speak highly of your interests and taste.

5. current favs? APC, levis, supreme, nike, vans, stussy, recon, mishka, king stampeded, AA, new era, lakai, nudie, a life, bape/bbc, the hundreds, h&m, girl/choc, plan B, zoo york, DGK

Guest lafashion8

must haves- little black dress, vintage tees, hoodies, jean shorts

fashin no no- jean on jean, navy and black, high waisted jeans on short people

fashion tips- accesorize and vests:cool:

loving this ya ya vest right now, i wear it with everything....

YY51711V_Ecru.jpg

1) whatever the opposite of everyone that has posted in here is.

2) whatever the opposite of everyone that has posted in here is.

3) whatever the opposite of everyone that has posted in here is.

4) whatever the opposite of everyone that has posted in here is.

5) whatever the opposite of everyone that has posted in here is.

hah, not really, you guys are alright.

I have the Beaufort, but I really would love to add the Bedale to my wardrobe, sized down-----they are in ready circulation on eBay; just send them off to Barbour to get re-waxed and you are good to go!

I own a beaufort now since more than 5 years and a new cowan jacket since this winter and th eonly thing to say is ....I don't mind walking the dog when it rains anymore:) ....

1. fashion must-haves:

Neutral Slacks, Denim Blazer, Jeans, Bright Tanks

2. your current style or look:

at the moment I'm in a jeans and tee shirt kind of uniform, chasing children and such, but when I'm goin out or working, I am more of a suit lady, I really like tailored pieces.

3. fashion dont's:

camel toe

4. what should be in a woman's closet:

Slacks in Neutrals, Jackets in Neutrals. Shirts in Neutrals, Shoes in Neutrals. A few obscenely bright pieces to throw with neutrals, 5-12 of the same great bra

5. favorite brands:

True Religion, Ella moss, Target, Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Diesel, Fredericks of Hollywood, BCBG, Banana Republic

1. fashion must-haves:

Winter: a great coat, boots, hot sneakers and a warm fluffy scarf to keep you warm. Summer: little dresses, skirts and slim tees. for shoes some flat sandals (and the havaianas/chucks when all else fails)

2. your current style or look:

varies, can go from nautical preppy to layered laid back with big belts (depending on the occasion, this month i've been indoors studying so it's been pj's)

3. fashion dont's:

-these disgusting jeans from john richmond with RICH written on the ass.

- extremely distressed jeans (soo last year)

- toting any kind of monogrammed bag (more so those with 69's instead of double G's or XLs instead of LV)

- wearing clothes just because it has the designer stamped very visibly on it

- and yes, CAMEL TOE!

4. what should be in a woman's closet:

lots of jeans, skirts (mini and long), dresses, shoes and bags...also tons of accessories as they make your outfit great even if it's blah

5. favorite brands:

Brands I own and love: Zara, Oysho, Patrizia Pepe, Trovata, Prada, H&M, CHeap Monday, Jean Paul Gaultier

Brands I covet: Balenciaga, Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Rick Owens, Chloe

1. fashion must-haves

501 or repro. black, white, and grey fitted tee. slim dark denim. vintage polos. pea coat and field jacket for cold weather. avaitors for sun. classic sneakers, crepe sole casual shoes(clarks), rugged boots.

i dont know..... too broke to afford designer shit so i shop at thrift stores and alter my own clothesXskateXrockXpreppy

3. fashion dont's

wearing something you dont feel comfortable in. flarez. typical amjack look. square toes.

see fashion must haves. add 2 suits, 4 dress shirts, 2 pair dress shoes if needed for work.

5. favorite brands

levis, dior(tho i cant afford it), cmf homme

1. fashion must-haves:

a good pair of trainers! jeans that make your butt look good and a nice tee

english geezer look vs retro rock

3. fashion dont's

sketchers, black stretch pants!

see #1

5. favorite brands

Carhartt, Puma, adidas, Nike, Boxfresh, One True Saxxon

1. fashion must-haves

omitted -- see 4

minimalist

3. fashion dont's

popped collar, polo shirts regardless, pants w/ ass hanging out, XXXL, sleeveless (gross), distressed denim

straight leg denim (apc/dior/helmut), scarves mmm, a slim fitting blazer, very uncomfortable designer sneakers, an extremely flashy belt (i.e. gucci pattern, lv pattern, some large shiny buckle perhaps) so girlies know the deal, some suits you can't afford...

5. favorite brands

helmut lang, prada, a.p.c, gucci, nom de guerre

1. fashion must-haves

lots of sneakers in different styles

not just dunks

preppy, skate, or hypebeast ( i alternate among the 3, though the last two can be categorized into one)

3. fashion dont's

chemically washed (?) jeans, white running shoes, von dutch trucker hats,

the ubiquitous combo of big sunglasses, uggs, longchamps, juicy, razr and sevens

RAW DENIM

5. favorite brands

that i own: marc jacobs, supreme, trovata, APC jeans, fred perry, vans, chrome hearts, visvim, and nike

that i want: n(n), dior homme, mastermind japan, 45 rpm

must have - straightleg or bootcut raw/selvedge jeans, plain white/black/grey t-shirts, short sleeved linen/cotton shirts black/white), 2 classic suits, 2 dress boots and as many casual shoes/boots/sneakers as you can afford (too many jackets also an option)

currently in closet/wearing - Sharpeye olive green overhead PU coated cotton jacket, Gloverall waxed linen zip front hi collar jacket, Outrage cafe racer biker jacket, Nudie Baggy Bjorn/Diesel Rannan/Carhartt western pant Lee 101B, maharishi chin-track, snopants (black/olive green) vans sk8hi, chucks, 12 inch square toe black oiled leather Frye harness boots, black Clarks Originals side tie moccasins - for work...Cerruti 3 button double vent cotton suit, dark brown with slight red chalkstripe with brown Clarks chisel toe side gusset boots, Kenzo black 2 button rat pack style suit with Loake brogues, shirts from Charles Tyrwhyt, all white.

for winter - Frye boots, any pair of heavyweight jeans German police issue three quarter length, double breasted leather jacket, or Gravis 8 eyelet boots, 5.11 Tactical 3 in 1 parka, generic fleece, jeans.

1. fashion must-haves

black tshirts, black jeans, black shiny classic shoes, white shirts

not sure. in-between styles. go-between!

3. fashion dont's

socks should never be visible

good white shirts that fit. handkerchiefs. only clean clothes.

5. favorite brands (men's)

Dior Homme, Hermès, HL, Raf Simons, Demeulemeester, Dries Van Noten, etc

plain, good fitting t's, not xl looking but not fitted,

raw or unwashed jeans, relaxed fit

sweaters, hoodies, waterproof jacket

all relatively plain, a few select graphic t's

streetwear, skate, simple clean, relaxed fit but not baggy,

almost generic clothing with bright coloured sneakers

crazy distressed jeans, tracky bottoms, excessive sportswear,

hypebeast, too metro lookin

plain t's, plain jeans, 3 pairs of sneakers at least,

a couple of suits, best u can afford whilst still be able to

buy food and pay rent if u wear a suit regulary

silas, h&m, some stussy, aa, one true saxon, levis, diesel watches,

callous shoes, nike kicks,

nothing majorly hip or exclusive

• 4 weeks later...
i'm making a guide on what concerns the styles of the people here:

1. fashion must-haves

3. fashion dont's

5. favorite brands

Nice Thread

1. IMO every man should have one pair of Boot Cut type jeans so they fit over boots and high top shoes, and also a pair of 501 type jeans for low top shoes. Plain T's, long and short sleeved. Sneakers in all different styles.

2. I really dont think I have a certain look...most people would probably say im a little preppy looking, but I switch it up w/ a odd belt or my shoes

3. I hate hate hate extra large clothes on grown men. I understand highschool kids (i was one of them), but if your an adult buy clothes that fit you

4. Isnt this like #1?? Everyman needs a suit, a few dress shirts and a nice pair of slacks (I need to spend money on this stuff)

5. Honestly dont have favorite brands. But I like H&M, Ralph Lauren, Nike, Puma, Adidas, APC, Ben Sherman. But i shop in thrift stores

as i am very much the sacred age of 15 my must haves are simple basic

but still i am a man who respects originiality

1. slim jeans, apc ns and nc go perfect with the generic white V necks from target

thats my main uniform, generic vans slim jeans and a white shirt

and something a little bit baggier, like rrds, for when you dont feel like having your balls in a vice every time i fall asleep during first period and wake up with those morning boners, theyre the worst

2 certain look- basics, slim, i used to dress very flamouyantly wtih super layering over my distressed diesels but then i realised i looked massively gay so i toned it down with simple outfits and i like what i am doing. i like making my own stencils and spray painting over the target white v necks, it looks great after a few washes.

3.i hate lame ass abercrombie bullshit, if anyone else here is still in highschool they know waht im talking about

4. in every young man's closet should be a pair of slim dress pants from h/m and a very slim blazer from your local berlington coat factory, the shittiest quality but best fits if you get it from the little kids section

5. favorite brands? h and m apc and target basic shirts

The only collar that should be popped is on an M65.

1. fashion must-haves

Battle dress uniform

Hiroshi Fujiwara meets Yosuke Kubozuka meets Japanese exchange student meets `90s NY Club Kid meets Tokyo Recon opening party 2001 meets SEAL team in Op Anaconda or something..

3. fashion dont's

matching shit

IPFUs, BDUs, ECWCS

5. favorite brands (men's)

W)Taps, Supreme, aNYthing, Visvim, Nike, G-shock, US milspec

Nice Thread

1. IMO every man should have one pair of Boot Cut type jeans so they fit over boots and high top shoes, and also a pair of 501 type jeans for low top shoes.

I dont get it. Why do you need a pair of gay ass boot cut jeans to fit over high tops or boots? a pair of 501s will easy go over as long as they`r not mad skinny.