good hip hop

8 Diagrams ain't that good. Actually it's rather meh. Stick me for my riches is a straight banger tho and so is Wolves. Life changes and The heart gently weeps have a nice vibe and they're rather nice tracks as well. Other than that it feels kinda flat to me, might grow on me when I get the actual CD and can bang it in my system.

Some of the nice things that dropped this year:

Blue Scholars - Bayani

UGK - Underground kingz

Pugs Atomz - Can't remember the name of the record

Buff1 - Pure

Waajeed - War

Y Society - Travel at your own pace

Hell Razah & Blue sky, black death - Can't remember title

Duo Live - The color of money

Median - Medians relief

Ohwega Watts - Watts happening

Othello - Live at the assembly line

Theory Hazit - Can't remember title

Pete Philly & Prequsite - Can't remember title

Cunninlynguists - Dirty acres

Percee P - Perseverance

Panacea - The scenic route

Blu & Exile - Below the heavens

Sandpeople - Can't remember title

Shape of broad minds - Can't remember title

Talib Kweli - Eardrum

Lifesavas - Gutterlfy

Declaime & J Rawls - The Dank and Jammy show

...to name a few + most of those Lowrey mentioned. That should keep you busy for a minute.

(Added some shit)

^not to mention Madlib in India which i think was pretty sicccck. Think the new Ghost is called The Big Dough Rehab and rumour was the new Nas cd would be named "Nigga" which would be hilarious.

Yeah, the Madlib album was pretty sick and so was the Oh No one. Actually I think I prefer Oh No's album.

The big doe rehab sounds sick, there's an interview session with Miss Info floating around where they preview all of the tracks on the album. There seems to be a lot of Sean C & LV production which is kinda nice as they did some dope shit on AG. Nigger or whatever Nas' album is gonna be called won't be out untill next year tho, at least according to Def Jam. Don't have the link but there was some kind of statement.

8 diagrams is a disgrace

i understand why rae is barkin at rza.

i can understand rza with the "moving forward musically" mentality but, it's wu, they can only do it with the "punch in your face" steelo.

newCamDrawing.jpgI

ITT: Sickest quotes from Public Enemy #1

"I told 'em, 'stop it' the cell, you can quit it or lock it. What's the bail dog? The shit in my pocket. Got it. They agree cuz money the best texture, what dem want? Someone else you best pester. Save your best lecture, my lawyer was comin' down dog, on the chopper from Westchester. New Jack City, I ain't the gutter man, be at you mom's crib, we call it the motherland." -- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

"Cooperate? Naw, my name ain't Rico, look chico, Killa tryn'a duck the RICO."

-- Calm Down

"Oh baby... Ma you know your problem? You never been nowhere. The dudes you dealin' with is like a #9 from McDonalds, fillet o' fish. It's like 40 water said, it's like comparing a balloon to a blimp baby...

...Underneath the long john is silver, why you think they call me Long John Silver? Why, cuz I put 'em with the seafood, whales, sharks, you'll see dude."

-- I'm A Hustler Barry

"Y'all little girls, singin' a song whosale. Y'all need lower-back tattoos and toe rings. Eyebrows arched, belly pierced, the whole thing...I'm a slinger, I run a drug ring, you can't put it on your finger" -- The Cycle's Sick

Please discuss and contribute :)

my boy Vandalyzm out of st.louis is puttin out a cd soon...this is a sampler of whats to come and some older shit...

wondering what you fans of real hip hop might think of his shit

hes part of the hall of justus crew with 9th wonder, littlbrother, all them nc cats...

anyways let me / him know what u think

haha dont mind the intro and outro...its funny though

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5190412f9e71ac/

ahh i thought for some reason the title of the thread had "real" in it....i would of never used the term "real hip hop" if i would have payed more attention to the title..

but im sure there are numerous arguments as to what "real" hip hop is..

personally i think u have to look at the word real....real= genuine.....there are many forms of the art of hip hop/lyricism/rap...im not one to denounce a certain artist or song as being fake or attempt to say its not as real as the next song....

but to me any music or art is "real" if it comes from the artist and expresses or represents his/her views, experiences,tribulations, thoughts, or beliefs...

here i use the term "real" in a less literal sense ...here, real is more indicative of unique expression rather than the authenticity or quality of it whereas typically i think when the term 'real hip hop' is thrown around people usually hold it in regards to quality

to me....good or bad ..its still hip hop if its got rhthym and rhyme

okay so rate soula boy in your scale of real hip hop using 1-10.

1 being, say, fergie, and 10 being nas(in illmatic form).

please explain why/how you reached soulja boys grade with a well written hamburger paragraph. if i dont punch my computer from reading your entry, i will reward you by listening to your homeboys tracks adn possibly +rep.

my boy Vandalyzm out of st.louis is puttin out a cd soon...this is a sampler of whats to come and some older shit...

wondering what you fans of real hip hop might think of his shit

hes part of the hall of justus crew with 9th wonder, littlbrother, all them nc cats...

anyways let me / him know what u think

haha dont mind the intro and outro...its funny though

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5190412f9e71ac/

And this means there's Khrysis and 9th production on the album?

okay so rate soula boy in your scale of real hip hop using 1-10.

1 being, say, fergie, and 10 being nas(in illmatic form).

please explain why/how you reached soulja boys grade with a well written hamburger paragraph. if i dont punch my computer from reading your entry, i will reward you by listening to your homeboys tracks adn possibly +rep.

I wont get into his music cause its just not my deal at all, but I think that if it wasn't for the fad or if hip-hop wasn't insanely popular among teenagers, there wouldn't be a soulja boy. so he gets realness rating of purple aka fergie. just my take, and I'm nto saying cats like him are doing anything wrong, they sell their shit so I cant blame them.

To me it's all about artist integrity. As long as the artist does the music he want to do and not because he's getting fucked in the ass by his label, the market or to make money I respect it, wether I like it or not. A good example to me is David Banner although I don't like his music that much. He does his thing and if someone criticices him for it he responds in a very intelligent and mature way. Everyone don't have to be like that but you get my point.

Hope that didn't make me look like some elitist backpacker cause that's not what I am. Usuallt I don't care as long as I like the music.

Nesk...

not sure what a hamburger paragraph consists of... so im gonna leave that alone...and i could care less if u give it a listen or give me +rep points... just puttin it out there...take it or leave it

but soulja is trash in my opinon...some people might feel his music for whatever reason..im not here to argue about it or question his authenticity...his music is terrible to me but half the stuff on the radio can be thrown in that same category

Arcane & Lowrey make good points...especially about artist integrity...in todays industry, record labels can completely mold these artists into whatever they think is gonna sell or appeal to an audience...

once again my take on authencity or real shit is expressing YOU, the artist through your works...

and yes theres a khrysis joint and 9th on there as well and a track with big pooh from little brother

What's wrong with DJ Khaled? Why does he seem so angry when he says "we're the best?" Is he frustrated because people do not seem to agree? Why is he always yelling? How does he take care of his voice (with the yelling, to make sure he can yell the next day)? What are his responsibilities besides yelling?

dude is sick... +rep.

I haven't downloaded new hip-hop in a while, I'm still listening to little brother/aesop rock/mf doom/saigon/shit like that, what should I check out? I'm downloading some papoose and some UGK right now (UGK is like my guilty pleasure, I love that shit) but I wanna see what else has come up in the past couple years. Somebody made a post that pretty much answers this but I don't want just names, I wanna know what's worth a dl.